Anyone here know a sign language NOT ASL?

Why is an Aussie who've just recently learned how to sign ASL trying to define SEE? SEE and ASL are not the same. They are not even tiered.

SEE2 isn't even a language, but rather a form of "manually-coded English;" they just happened to borrowed a few signs, well not a few, a lots, of signs from ASL for their own purpose. Please keep SEE1/SEE2 separate from ASL.

I think what foxrac is referring to is PSE, not English Sign Language or SEE2-- as in Pidgin Signed English, which isn't a full language on its own, but it's ASL in English format.

I lol'ed

And technically, although I do know ASL and PSE... and a MCE system, I don't know a foreign sign language. I picked up some German Sign Language from a friend, but far from being able to use it.

I do know ESL (English Sign Language) but I use ASL at all time.

ESL is just use sign language with full english sentences - no slang and it may help with grammars.
you meant either SEE or PSE

Isn't ESL suppose to be English as a Second Language?
yes. it's usually for spoken/written language. Commonly called as EFL too (English as Foreign Language).

no.

ASL, PSE and SEE are the three levels of American Sign Language and you didn't know how to define the SEE? :lol:
no.

I did got wrong define about SEE until now, I got it because I thought that SEE is refer as sign in ABC like a-r-e *you* o-k-a-y *shrugs* or something like some hearing people did but I found that I was wrong.

how ghastly :io:

:wave: Will chat with you as soon as I get my BlackBerry fixed. Too lazy to go on AIM on this piece of junk of a laptop.

I think I sign in PSE

At least you're not receptive to ASL, but expressive in PSE like I am. Frustrates me that what I see doesn't come out the same way. :roll: Needs practice, practice, practice! New desktop next month, so I can finally use the freakin' webcam!

:wave: Will chat with you as soon as I get my BlackBerry fixed. Too lazy to go on AIM on this piece of junk of a laptop.
ew I don't do sexting :io:

At least you're not receptive to ASL, but expressive in PSE like I am. Frustrates me that what I see doesn't come out the same way. :roll: Needs practice, practice, practice! New desktop next month, so I can finally use the freakin' webcam!
ew why would I wanna see your face? :ugh:

Why is an Aussie who've just recently learned how to sign ASL trying to define SEE? SEE and ASL are not the same. They are not even tiered.

SEE2 isn't even a language, but rather a form of "manually-coded English;" they just happened to borrowed a few signs, well not a few, a lots, of signs from ASL for their own purpose. Please keep SEE1/SEE2 separate from ASL.

I think what foxrac is referring to is PSE, not English Sign Language or SEE2-- as in Pidgin Signed English, which isn't a full language on its own, but it's ASL in English syntax without the stupidity of incorporating suffixes and prefixes found in SEE.

you meant either SEE or PSE

yes. it's usually for spoken/written language. Commonly called as EFL too (English as Foreign Language).

no.

no.

Some people call "English Sign Language" so I'm not alone.

I don't think there is a "pse"... You do sign in asl structure, but you need more practice.

Hope you were able to follow me in vegas :P especially when I was a bit wasted.
I was able to and I wished my ASL level was what it was 3 years ago :ugh:

ASL, PSE and SEE are the three levels of American Sign Language and you didn't know how to define the SEE? :lol:
no.

Level of sign language is more make sense to me.
no.

the proper levels of ASL would be ASL 1, ASL 2, ASL 3 and so on. I'm probably ASL 3 but it jumps around depending on context.

no.

no.

the proper levels of ASL would be ASL 1, ASL 2, ASL 3 and so on. I'm probably ASL 3 but it jumps around depending on context.

I'm heavily fluently in ASL and my ASL skill is good so not know about what level is.

I used SEE in long time before I learned ASL in late 90's.

has sign language level really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more like?

I means different kind of sign language.

ASL, SEE, PSE, BSL are different kind of sign languages, that what I means.

I think what foxrac is referring to is PSE, not English Sign Language or SEE2-- as in Pidgin Signed English, which isn't a full language on its own, but it's ASL in English syntax without the stupidity of incorporating suffixes and prefixes found in SEE.
Are you accusing of my ASL Skills?

I have known ASL for a very long time, but I didn't become fluent until two years ago.

Auslan here, never learned Signed English, although I was (am?) oral growing up. I don't know ASL, although I'd like to learn.

Back