Anyone Have Starkey?

A friend told me that she got two new Phonak hearing aids after paying a $125 fee for each, and she is very pleased with them.

Do you know if they were the Naidas? How did she get them for $125??

Yep, they were Naidas. Apparently she went to a Beltone hearing aid shop to have her old hearing aid repaired, and they gave her a form to fill out from Starkey. She submitted the application with money orders, and viola! She got two brand new hearing aids a couple months later.

So Starkey gave her Phonak Naidas for $125 each?? How? Does Starkey own Phonak, or vice-versa?

Yea that sounds weird to me too

I have a Starkey RIC Absolute Power at the moment lol

Figure out my old hearing aid WAS a Phonak, not sure what type

So Starkey gave her Phonak Naidas for $125 each?? How? Does Starkey own Phonak, or vice-versa?

Yea that sounds weird to me too

I have a Starkey RIC Absolute Power at the moment lol

Figure out my old hearing aid WAS a Phonak, not sure what type

Whoops, you guys are right. Come to think of it, her Phonak was broken and she got two BTE aids from Starkey.
It was last Fall, so I forgot the details. :Oops:

raise my hand

I dont like my current BTE hearing aid. It really sucks ass and Im ready go back to Phonak. I wore Phonak bte aids all my life. The one Im wearing right now has negative feedback. I dont have enough hearing for that crap. I just dont want to pay a full price for a phonak out of my pocket. The ones I wear are around $6000.00.

Is there anyway I can get a new hearing aid not paying full price? If so, please, lemme know. Thanx

raise my hand

I dont like my current BTE hearing aid. It really sucks ass and Im ready go back to Phonak. I wore Phonak bte aids all my life. The one Im wearing right now has negative feedback. I dont have enough hearing for that crap. I just dont want to pay a full price for a phonak out of my pocket. The ones I wear are around $6000.00.

Is there anyway I can get a new hearing aid not paying full price? If so, please, lemme know. Thanx

So $3,000 each? omg I'm sorry! (this is why I'm thankful having profound hearing loss in one ear)

My RIC costed $2,500, plus another $200 for the custom speaker build ear mold. My audi does a in house financing so I've been paying month to month. $1,300 to go! I was supposed to have it paid off and my interest is 3% but they are being extremely cool with me and haven't kicked in the interest yet.

no worries, how is she liking it?

raise my hand

If you are okay with Starkey, check into their Hear Now Program. That is the one my friend used. She paid $250 for two hearing aids (BTE) easily worth $5000.
She loves them as far as I know.

I completely forgot about the Hear Now website! I wish I was smart and took advantage of it. I owe $1,300 still.

I have a starkey BTE not digital and I hate it. I can barely turn it up or I get blasted but I still can't understand speech real well but I had a starkey on loan while I waited and it wasn't as strong but seemed to help more.

I have a Starkey DaVinci for one ear. The other is Rexton (which has since changed its name, I forget to what).

The Starkey is digital, the Rexton is analog. There's a vast difference between the two in terms of sound. Just a short while ago, (like six months ago) I was saying otherwise, in that I was NOT noticing any difference. However, I've come to change my mind on that. I can see how words/music are so much more clear on the Starkey aid than the analog one.

I have a Starkey DaVinci for one ear. The other is Rexton (which has since changed its name, I forget to what).

The Starkey is digital, the Rexton is analog. There's a vast difference between the two in terms of sound. Just a short while ago, (like six months ago) I was saying otherwise, in that I was NOT noticing any difference. However, I've come to change my mind on that. I can see how words/music are so much more clear on the Starkey aid than the analog one.

the Rexton U mentioned is Siemens which I grew up with as a kid.

I wear Phonaks, but um I have a Starkey warranty card for my old Phonak hearing aid for repairs haha.

I don't know how it works. When I went to my audie's office to pick up my repaired Phonak, they gave me the Starkey warranty card there (which listed my Phonak HA info on the card) and that was that. Don't know if the office is associated with Starkey for repairs or what's going on.

I have a starkey BTE not digital and I hate it. I can barely turn it up or I get blasted but I still can't understand speech real well but I had a starkey on loan while I waited and it wasn't as strong but seemed to help more.
. I suspect your problem with the HAs is not the HAs but the Audi. S/he needs to fit the HAs to your comfort level.

Back