Anyone have ringing in the ears or ear pain almost constantly?

deafmedicalpoet

Reaction score
Hi, I have had over a long long period of time like 2 years almost always constant ringing in my ears or ear pain. I have had this from times like sick, or I miss someone or I am emotionally down. And sometimes its so bad that I cant eat, sleep or do anything. And it makes it rougher for me to use my hearing aid to hear sound. That means sounds that I hear with my hearing aid while my ears ring or is in pain are muffled or very soft.. without my aid in it makes my head hurt so bad and everything. So I have a feel I am losing my last 20% but I dont care to be 100% deaf. But anyhow, my thread here is to ask if anyone has had continually in ear pain or ringing for longer than 5 months and that its almost constantly.

Deaflinuxgeek

Hi, I have had over a long long period of time like 2 years almost always constant ringing in my ears or ear pain. I have had this from times like sick, or I miss someone or I am emotionally down. And sometimes its so bad that I cant eat, sleep or do anything. And it makes it rougher for me to use my hearing aid to hear sound. That means sounds that I hear with my hearing aid while my ears ring or is in pain are muffled or very soft.. without my aid in it makes my head hurt so bad and everything. So I have a feel I am losing my last 20% but I dont care to be 100% deaf. But anyhow, my thread here is to ask if anyone has had continually in ear pain or ringing for longer than 5 months and that its almost constantly.

Deaflinuxgeek

Yeah.. i have this often for past 5 yrs after i had couple strokes,, there is nothing dr can do... just take nerve pill,,, i quit taking them because they are addicting..
SxyPorkie

i do have ear pains and fullness inside my ears.. feel like i have ear infections but its not..whenever i wear hearing aid.. it make it worse as its very painful.. i hate it.. its related to Meniere's Disease.. i just found out last month.. I have gotten used to it.. but nothing i can do about it but live with it.. sigh..

I have a slight tinnitus . I wear hearing aid and that help me with overcoming the 'strange' sounds. I often hear tinnitus like a soft type of traffic noise not like beeping sounds.

yeah all tinnitus are different.. not all have same sounds.. like in my case its ringing and roaring like jet noises? ugh.. its really annoying! its in my left ear but dont wear hearing aid in that one? in my right ear i do wear hearing aid it does help mask the noises... whew! but not always, tho.. it sucks! but like i said i have gotten used to it.. sigh..

yeah all tinnitus are different.. not all have same sounds.. like in my case its ringing and roaring like jet noises? ugh.. its really annoying! its in my left ear but dont wear hearing aid in that one? in my right ear i do wear hearing aid it does help mask the noises... whew! but not always, tho.. it sucks! but like i said i have gotten used to it.. sigh..

All I can say is that try to get 'enjoyment' from your tinnitus. Sometimes , I can 'convert' the tinnitus to a music player. My tinnitus acts as a singer .

smileygin :hug:

All I can say is that try to get 'enjoyment' from your tinnitus. Sometimes , I can 'convert' the tinnitus to a music player. My tinnitus acts as a singer .

I don't think I could do that. I have ringing in my ears, and when it does happen, it is annoying.

I don't think I could do that. I have ringing in my ears, and when it does happen, it is annoying.

I understand. it varies from one to another.

I had much more tinnitus in the past especially when I was a child around 11. It was like beeping sounds at the time . I don't know why but , now I have much softer types of tinnitus that doesn't disturb me much.

Deaflinuxgeek

Same here but not in pain ... affects me emotionally. I have it everday! I want to cut off my left ear! I have to wear my hearing aid at my bedtime! No radio yet but will get it soon after I get my new hearing aid. It makes your head hurt? how so? Sigh ....

i wish i can enjoy this but its really annoyed at times.. :( :hug: thanks for that! ;)

Lucia, my understanding is that MOST folks who get CI's see a cessation of that incessant, annoying ringing in the ears.

Lucia, my understanding is that MOST folks who get CI's see a cessation of that incessant, annoying ringing in the ears.

That is correct but there no guarantee that it will happen. I have heard some it doesn't change and some that it actually got louder.

As for me, I had mild tinnitus prior to my CI and afterwards...none. That was definitely a nice side effect.

Its also a sign you soon will become totaly deaf..If Your ears ring like loud roaring sounds its damage on your hearing nerves and it will be a matter of time youll be down to 85 dbs or more.

I also remember a deaf lady teacher here in Riverside who has had tinnitus most of her life telling me that she takes medication for the condition which gives her some relief.

Yeah I've had that problem alot in my life. But only a few times to where it hurts & drives me crazy. Most of the time it just rings.

Ive had tinnitus on and off for 20 years and I had to learn to get used to it. Ive had pain in the ears for a few hours occasionally. If your tinnitus is so bad that you can't bear it, then go see ear, nose, throat (ENT) for help. Tinnitus can be a real pain in the ass at times. :(

I have tinnitus and it is starting to get worse. I find that if I dont get enough sleep or I am stressed it is really bad. I find taking anything like tylenol or advil makes it worse too. It is so frustrating

I have a hearing test September 6th to find out the % of hearing loss

Back