Anyone from California?

DoVip said:
Cool, where do you live? I'm curious.
I live in north of LA county, about an hour from San Fernado Valley.

Santa Clarita native here, just outside of San Fernando / LA County. Moved out of state after graduating from kollege.

Delaware, the state on another side of United States, bein' the first state of the great nation!

I was born and lived a few years in Costa Mesa before dad's job transfer moved our family to Chicagoland where I spent next 27 years or so. Sometimes wish we stayed in CA tho because we were so close to beach, but then I probly would end up as a surfer dude.

Mayflower said:
Howdy, neighbor. I grew up in Canoga Park, and did all of my schooling in the San Fernando Valley.

Howdy! My uncle lived in Canoga Park.

We lived on Devonshire Street, between Hayvenhurst and Balboa Avenues. The house we lived in was later abandoned and fenced off from trespassers, we have always wondered what happened with the owner who bought the house from us.

DavLaurel said:
Howdy! My uncle lived in Canoga Park.

We lived on Devonshire Street, between Hayvenhurst and Balboa Avenues. The house we lived in was later abandoned and fenced off from trespassers, we have always wondered what happened with the owner who bought the house from us.

I used to live off of DeSoto, just south of Roscoe Blvd. If I am ever in the area on Devonshire, I could take a peek. Also my father was in the LA Fire Dept. and he used to work in that area. I will check with my Dad. :)

I 'm California too!

I was born in Los Angeles CA.
We moved from LA to Orange County in June of 1957, I was 3.
I live near Disenyland.
Margie
Dir. of Communication Services
OCDAC
Interprerter too.

Mayflower said:
I used to live off of DeSoto, just south of Roscoe Blvd. If I am ever in the area on Devonshire, I could take a peek. Also my father was in the LA Fire Dept. and he used to work in that area. I will check with my Dad. :)

If you learn anything let me know, I'm very curious. The exact address is 16633 Devonshire Street.

I vaguely remember Roscoe. We generally went to the big shopping center at Devonshire and Balboa.

You might be interested to know it is snowing here and the wind is blowing very hard.

I live in California, about an hour north of disneyland, close to the beach. Don't you find it interesting how california measures in minutes while the rest of the world measures in distance? Does anyone have questions for a Californian, (who happens to be a hearing ASL student)?

signer16 said:
I live in California, about an hour north of disneyland, close to the beach. Don't you find it interesting how california measures in minutes while the rest of the world measures in distance? Does anyone have questions for a Californian, (who happens to be a hearing ASL student)?

No way. I just realized it that it is VERY true.
I could tell y ou how long it take me to get to this area, that, over there, et cetera. VERY true!
Two hours and 15 minutes for me to get to Disneyland with no traffic...
LOL! Give me another 30 to 45 minutes and I will get to Six Flags... again NO traffic please!

So ... mind-boggling true. [telling all of her Califunny pals about this]

I am from central valley (tulare county) and has been living there all my life.

Stockton, CA currently

Lived all over the state though. I prefer northern CA. You know, way north...almost Oregon. I once told someone I lived in norther CA and they said oh, up by San Diego? Sheesh. :P

4th Generation Southern Californian here...

Born and raised in the Outer skirts of LA County (Near San Bernardino)

Lived in Santa Barbara and Fresno

Currently living in North County San Diego... hope to move closer to main San Diego. :)

P.S. Yes it's true that we Californians measure distance in minutes rather than miles. It depends on how one gets there, and the speed, and the flow of the traffic. :)

I was CA Naive! Born in Pomona. Used to live ummm lemme think...Burbank (I think), Thousand Oak, Pasaenda, San Gabriel, Long beach. So now I am stuck in NY state. Oh, well! I do miss CA but the cost of living...forget it. I do agreed with measure the distance not with miles.

I lived in SF for 3 1/2 yrs for college education. Right now, I live in PA.

Hi, I am from Redding, California. I grew up all my life in Oroville, California. I love California.

Perfumelady

I wish I born in California but I am not :( Anyway, I have been around in Southern California ever since 5 years old (moved from Virginia).

I'm from California too!

I was born on May 19th, 1954 in Los Angeles, CA and I live in Orange County now.
We moved from LA to Orange County in 1957.
I work at a workshop in Fountain Valley, CA for the past 27 yrs.
Also I'm an interperter for the deaf.
Margie
Dir. of Commuication Serivces
OCDAC

Magatsu said:
I wish I born in California but I am not :(.

tongue10.gif

Naa naa! :stick tongue out at you:

Whoopie. That was my inner child lashing out.

Back