Anyone Experience Brazilian Wax?

hahahaha

I couldn't finish the first time I gave myself a Brazilian. I had my foot up on the bathroom counter and my legs was shaking sooo bad. You ever almost had an accident in your car? The adrenaline makes your foot kind of bounce up and down on the gas pedal...know what I'm talking about it? My leg was doing exactly that!! So I was all "okay I think I'm done here". Got the numbing spray now though, it's not so bad. I also I heard that it hurts the worst the first time, maybe because the hair is coarser? I don't know.

caz will come on here and tell me it's lie though, that it hurts like buggery every time. lmao

numbing spray?! What is it called and where do ya get it :P I would so rather wax..did my bikini once and it hurt like a MOFO ...not a fan of the hard wax really.
It's also always harder to do your own waxing vs someone else doing it. Your brain automatically expects it because you know when you're going to pull the strip and you *usually* will auto hesitate or start to shake with anticipation lol I can do my own eyebrows, upperlip and legs but I choose not to do my brows and upper lip because I find I always get bumps when I do it myself...I do my own legs tho:)

numbing spray?! What is it called and where do ya get it :P I would so rather wax..did my bikini once and it hurt like a MOFO ...not a fan of the hard wax really.
It's also always harder to do your own waxing vs someone else doing it. Your brain automatically expects it because you know when you're going to pull the strip and you *usually* will auto hesitate or start to shake with anticipation lol I can do my own eyebrows, upperlip and legs but I choose not to do my brows and upper lip because I find I always get bumps when I do it myself...I do my own legs tho:)

Sally's Beauty Supply, that's where I got my wax warmer, wax strips etc etc. I'm getting good at it!!
GiGi - GiGi Anesthetic Numbing Spray

They also have stuff to use to prevent the bumps, I should get some of that!

It's both actually, a wax itself and a style ;) I have brazillian type wax JOB on southern regions, but I used reg wax. I don't like to call what hair I do have a landing strip, I call it my soul patch :D

to much infomation:)

Wirelessly posted

I am thinking of starting Brazilian waxing not heading south yet LOL I am considering with armpits to start it appears to leave a smoother result than shaving, plus, it last a bit longer.

I did some research on it, people can use Brazilian wax on the eyebrows, armpits and other parts of the body. It even gets the hairs between your butt cheeks!

Anyone do this , if so what is your experience ?

I took the easy route, I paid for laser hair removal for under the arms, bikini area and legs. Best money I ever spent. I don't miss the in grown hairs....to me the Brazilian approach sounds like it could be somewhat damaging given the process involved....it's also temporary where laser removal is permanent.....

Laura

Im on break right now at work, went next door to that new waxing spa and made an appointment to get a Brazilian done after work. They're running specials right now for first time customers, and it's time to do it so why not?

I already filled out the paperwork. They have wanring about possible effects, one of them is the possiblity of tears that require stiches, esp for brazilians. WHA? Dafaq you say? I think this is only a problem if you're on meds that thin your skin but......stitches?? STICHES? Defaq!!

:lol:^^^^ you are sitll in 30's so i believe that your skin is still good, not too thin skin. go for it. For me, im too chicken and too modest!

ah so you're au naturale, eh?

ah, that is what you are seeing in me. :giggle: keep imaging or dreaming this to make you happy.

I ain't saying that!! modest is my motto for me to keep everyone away from me.

a beautsion job not much fun ...a line of women waiting have that done

Okay big :thumb:

It barely even hurt!!! When I said something about the lady said it's the wax they use. It's their own blend. I haven't checked it out yet to see how she did, but heck she had to have at least done it better than me right? lol I'll probably go there again, and ask for the same girl so I don't have to show my cookies to everyone who works there. awkward!!

side note....they should put posters or something on the ceiling so you have something to look at......and that room's acoustics were horrible for a d/hoh person. Really high ceilings and marble floors...holy echos it was awful. Felt like a moron every time she told me to do something I'm all what? what? what?

Oh here's a link to the place I went you can probably find out if there's locations near you. The wax was great, seriously, I got a brazilian and barely flinched, if there were people screaming they must be the biggest pansies ever!!

http://ultraskinwaxcenter.com/
Oh I thought they might be national, they're not, they have 2 locations but they're both in SC

Stitches? Ouchie !!!

I use my own razor. Suits me fine. :lol:

However, now I need to go confer with the hubby.

I'm going to assume he'll be in agreement. I even make patterns :)

Wirelessly posted

I am thinking of starting Brazilian waxing not heading south yet LOL I am considering with armpits to start it appears to leave a smoother result than shaving, plus, it last a bit longer.

I did some research on it, people can use Brazilian wax on the eyebrows, armpits and other parts of the body. It even gets the hairs between your butt cheeks!

Hello! Great question! I'm an esthetician and I do this for a living. Brazilian wax is just a brand of hard wax. A better wax is a hard wax by Deplievé found at a local beauty supply store. Trust me, it a little tricky to learn when it's hard enough to pull off. But basically if you plan on doing this yourself, apply the wax AGAINST the hair growth, and make a lift. Allow it to cool for about 30 seconds, then pull off. I HIGHLY recommend going to a professional to see how it's done first. Generally hard wax is less painful than soft wax that uses strips, but definitely takes a lot longer!

Hope it helps!

I do it every month. It's not too bad if you can get over the embarrassing part. The pain is there, but minimal really (besides.. once the wax is on, it's gotta come off, so you're kinda stuck there). I'd recommend it personally.. it's cleared up a lot of the issues I've had with ingrown hairs and such.

Wirelessly posted

eirlys said:
I do it every month. It's not too bad if you can get over the embarrassing part. The pain is there, but minimal really (besides.. once the wax is on, it's gotta come off, so you're kinda stuck there). I'd recommend it personally.. it's cleared up a lot of the issues I've had with ingrown hairs and such.

Yes , I plan on getting professional help lol I

Wirelessly posted

ambrosia said:
Okay big :thumb:

It barely even hurt!!! When I said something about the lady said it's the wax they use. It's their own blend. I haven't checked it out yet to see how she did, but heck she had to have at least done it better than me right? lol I'll probably go there again, and ask for the same girl so I don't have to show my cookies to everyone who works there. awkward!!

side note....they should put posters or something on the ceiling so you have something to look at......and that room's acoustics were horrible for a d/hoh person. Really high ceilings and marble floors...holy echos it was awful. Felt like a moron every time she told me to do something I'm all what? what? what?

Oh here's a link to the place I went you can probably find out if there's locations near you. The wax was great, seriously, I got a brazilian and barely flinched, if there were people screaming they must be the biggest pansies ever!!

http://ultraskinwaxcenter.com/
Oh I thought they might be national, they're not, they have 2 locations but they're both in SC

You had a good experience awesome! Thanks for the warning of bare ceilings lol I can close my eyes and think of my bf lol

I can't wait to do this :)

Wirelessly posted

AshleyRenee88 said:
Wirelessly posted

Hello! Great question! I'm an esthetician and I do this for a living. Brazilian wax is just a brand of hard wax. A better wax is a hard wax by Deplievé found at a local beauty supply store. Trust me, it a little tricky to learn when it's hard enough to pull off. But basically if you plan on doing this yourself, apply the wax AGAINST the hair growth, and make a lift. Allow it to cool for about 30 seconds, then pull off. I HIGHLY recommend going to a professional to see how it's done first. Generally hard wax is less painful than soft wax that uses strips, but definitely takes a lot longer!

Hope it helps!

Cool! Do you own your business? I plan on seeing a professional, that way , they know What they are doing lol

I did it once. I went to a place to have it done. They got alll of it, in between the cheeks too. It hurt like SO FREAKING BAD! But I had a gift cert with enough money for two, so I went back to have my second one done about two weeks later, and they turned me away because my regrowth wasn't long enough. You have to let your hair grow pretty long in between waxes before you can wax again. I didn't like that or the pain, so I ended up using the last of my gift cert for a facial LOL. No more wax, I just shave.

Back