Anybody working on debt?

DVDFreaker

Reaction score
Who is working on debt? You see my debt ticker in my signature? That is how much debt I have and right now I am working on being debt free and after I am debt free, I will be saving money for a 2nd car for emergency and paying cash with it so I won't be in debt again.

Damn, I should do that so I can see my goals daily but I dont want to put the amount of debt I owe in public. I dont feel comfortable sharing the amount I owe.

Yes, I am working off trying to pay my debt and I definitely think a ticker would help me to stay on track. Just dont like the idea of posting it on a public forum...:hmm:

Damn, I should do that so I can see my goals daily but I dont want to put the amount of debt I owe in public. I dont feel comfortable sharing the amount I owe.

Yes, I am working off trying to pay my debt and I definitely think a ticker would help me to stay on track. Just dont like the idea of posting it on a public forum...:hmm:

It's better than giving out your address, full name, social security number, credit card number, checking account number, and phone number...right? :lol:

Yes, a waste of money and patient, it can worthless for you and the others.

I have no debt.. Just paid my last furniture payment last month.. I still use credit card for gas/food/general stuff but pay it in full each month.

I have about $20k debt.... damn college loan

You owe that much? Yikes!

yeah.. Student loans, $15,000 CC debts, and brand new SUV back then... At least I paid it all off just in time in middle of credit crisis.

I am considered "deadbeat" to banks now cuz I use their CC and pay it off in full each month so I can take advanage of their reward program.. :lol: But my credit is perfect with score of over 800.

Same here, I'm close to $30,000 in debt, but i come out of it with a BSME. So I can make that amount of money my first year work and plus more.

College loan is worth of the inventments as you would get good paying job.. I hope.... In this mess we are having with banks....

College loan is worth of the inventments as you would get good paying job.. I hope.... In this mess we are having with banks....

That's one thing that's scares me, But I already got a offer for $70,000 as a Field Engineer at Chevron which includes Health insurance, company truck, gas card, company card, and extra bennies.

I have to start paying for my college loan end of this year. Do you think it's good idea to pay it off at once with 0% APR (for 1 year) credit card to avoid paying interest rate for my college loan? My credit score is over 700 points and i pay my monthly CC bills in full.

That's one thing that's scares me, But I already got a offer for $70,000 as a Field Engineer at Chevron which includes Health insurance, company truck, gas card, company card, and extra bennies.

those $70k can quickly disappear to your expenses + taxes and some invisible expenses (unconsciously spending on small expenses like restaurants, etc. which runs up to quite a some in the end). watch out! :cool2:

I have to start paying for my college loan end of this year. Do you think it's good idea to pay it off at once with 0% APR (for 1 year) credit card to avoid paying interest rate for my college loan? My credit score is over 700 points and i pay my monthly CC bills in full.

You could try, but problem is, there is big risk assocated to this 0% rate.. If you are LATE, even one day in payment, your rates go default as high as 29%.. Make sure you can make the payment few weeks before due date.

I did that couple times with 0%, it did helps, but focus on paying off highest rates off faster first while paying min payment on lower rates.. once highest is paid off, go next highest rate, go aggressive on paying it off.. this method is best way to minimize the interest cost.

Back