Anybody GEEK COMPUTER? *help*

yes you did what. I don't understand. I am saying that safe mode will NOT work for you. You need a third party program to change the password. The best solution is to try and remember the password. Also remember that passwords are case sensetive.

ERD commander , So we did attempt it but not work.. requires pwd..

That what we did followed the instruction that you gave to me info link.. but still same result not working..
That making me frustratingly more.. includes as same my hubby does!

Truly, I'm sorry.. as far, we are try our best effort work on task stupid win2000.

ERD commander , So we did attempt it but not work.. requires pwd..

That what we did followed the instruction that you gave to me info link.. but still same result not working..
That making me frustratingly more.. includes as same my hubby does!

Truly, I'm sorry.. as far, we are try our best effort work on task stupid win2000.
Where did you get ERD commander? Whereever you got it from should be able to give you the ERD password.

Where did you get ERD commander? Whereever you got it from should be able to give you the ERD password.

ERD Commander 2005 <~~ We tried to get open and so i can access start--->system tools..
BUT NOT SHOW OPEN ACCESS WINDOW2000 from Manager (Admin)
always requires open "Log on to Windows" first!
That major problem..

I tries to use F8 but refused.. kept saying "Log on to Windows"
That's our nightmare worst!

ERD Commander 2005 <~~ We tried to get open and so i can access start--->system tools..
BUT NOT SHOW OPEN ACCESS WINDOW2000 from Manager (Admin)
always requires open "Log on to Windows" first!
That major problem..

I tries to use F8 but refused.. kept saying "Log on to Windows"
That's our nightmare worst!
Try these steps. This assumes your computer is capable of booting to a CD rom. On some computers there is a BIOS setting that controls this.

1. Put ERD commander CD into CD drive.
2. Reboot system - you may get an error from ERD about Failed to install network adapter. If you do, just click OK
3. The next screen is where you specify the system root directory. It should default to a location where it finds the Windows installation. Usually C:\Windows or C:\Winnt.
4. After the installation is specified click the OK button (Not the reboot button) on the bottom right.
5. Enter the ERD password if requred.
6. Click on start then administrative tools then locksmith. Once in locksmith, follow the screen prompts to reset the password for the account you choose.

If this doesnt' work, tell me which step it fails at and I will try to help from there. Note I am using ERD 2002 so the screens may not exactly match.

"Login Recovery is a service to reveal user names and recover passwords for Windows NT, 2000, XP, 2003 and Longhorn. As long as you have physical access to the computer, your passwords can be recovered.

By following three simple steps, over 98.5% of passwords can be recovered within less than ten minutes. This service does not overwrite passwords, it does not write anything to the hard drive, it does not alter the computer in any way. It simply reads the encrypted passwords for processing through our servers.

A free low priority service is provided which can take up to two days to process passwords. If you wish immediate access to the passwords, a priority service is available for a fee of GBP 10.00 + VAT (approx USD 21.48 or EUR 17.66). (Fee introduced to cover costs of the dedicated server farm)" <-- This program is completely FREE, but requires waiting up to two days to retrieve password. If you want instant access to your password, you can pay ~$20-25 for priority. This free service is available only once per 3 months.

Websites (Supporting Login Recovery):

Login Recovery#1 (Read description first starting here)
Login Recovery#2 (Recommended in PCWorld article, suggesting it's not malware)
Login Recovery#3 (www.loginrecovery.com - safest way to download Login Recovery - right from the manufacturer) **I recommend getting the program here. (Floppy or CD)
Login Recovery#4 (Read pwrecover's comment dated April 6, 2006 at 8:11 pm)
Login Recovery#5 (Someone's brother did it with Login Recovery, and that person is trying to figure how to prevent it)

Websites (Discouraging Login Recovery):

Possible risks associated with Login Recovery

I checked to make sure it wasn't a malware program or trojan virus, but found nearly nothing to suggest it would be a malware program/trojan virus. If ERD Commander doesn't work, then your next best (and cheapest) bet is to use Login Recovery.

Remember: Immediately after retrieving the password, change your password. Also, perform a thorough virus scan if you have a virus scanner just to be on the safe side. From balancing the pros and cons I've seen, this seems to be a trustworthy program. Coming from someone who used to be an IT major, I think you can take my word for it. Good luck.

Regarding the discouraging report on the password being sent to their server, it is possible they did this because this prevents a hacker from having instant access to your password. Hacker would have to pay for this. This gives you a 2-day timeframe to be protected from a hacker who has physical access to your computer.

They also have the advanced program on their server to decrypt the password for free, which is better than paying $200 to own other similar password recovery programs on the Internet.

Here video show how to use change PW same as RoadRUnner explain.

Here link Hacking Win XP Password Video

Good Luck....hope made it enter your PC.

So I did... what I follow RR's instruction few days ago but not working.. due it's WINXP... but using win2000 professional NT... still ain't working simliar alike winxp type.. Came Result not working.. *fawk*

I'll try follow instruction w/Spock and RockDrummer's comment..
*wait and see* :fingersx:

Hello, really sad that everybody bombarded you with the suggestions, none of them mention file types! In windows there are currently two file types, one is fat32 which is easy to crack in even with password protected, on other hand there are other file system type which is called NTFS, which is robust and have much stronger file security. The idea of NTFS was to prevent somebody that would pick up file that is formatted in NTFS and open in other PC. No way it would work unless you find a work around, but for average person like you it is next to impossible.

Im sitting back and watch and enjoying my popcorn!

You can find a different computer and download on either floppy disk or CD the required file, then put it into your daughter's computer floppy or CD drive, whichever she has.

Hello, really sad that everybody bombarded you with the suggestions, none of them mention file types! In windows there are currently two file types, one is fat32 which is easy to crack in even with password protected, on other hand there are other file system type which is called NTFS, which is robust and have much stronger file security. The idea of NTFS was to prevent somebody that would pick up file that is formatted in NTFS and open in other PC. No way it would work unless you find a work around, but for average person like you it is next to impossible.

No need to be complicated about this, diehardbiker. The Login Recovery program is designed to work with "Windows NT (which addresses NTFS), 2000, XP, 2003 and Longhorn" so just wait and see.

computer_rage.jpg

FAT and NTFS file systems have nothing to do with this. Put down your popcorn and go back to the drawing board. She is trying to log in without a password. ERD commander can access an NTFS file system. But file system access is not the issue. Please don't complicate the matter any more than it is.

Yes, We did and trying to encourage her remember what previous the pwd but she forgot because she did changed it quicker then log off.. :eek3: ~ OppiSe, I forgot pwd... Oh great! We having hard time to access into the win2000 open the windows but tried to look into the million different website solutions for win2000 professional NT "forgot pwd" use Admin, put safe mode but isn't working so many different ways solution and ongoing still not working.

We already warn her and solution the way.. wipe all the files formatting everything.. She was upset and screaming hell bitchy at us.. We have to wait until when she ready accept and formatting...
We are waiting....... :ugh3:

I know you did ask her and did ask her remember the password from school ( like umm who is her fave teacher or who is her best friends or something) ? fave colors? Fave music band name, fave pets, or etc etc maybe if she can remember the password? :dunno:

Throw your popcorn in trash then come and meet me, also I will play on PS3 and wanna beat you. :D

Try doing this.

Go to run, and then type in cmd and then enter.

when in cmd, copy this , and after you have copied this, paste it in the cmd

cd\ *drops to root
cd\windows\system32 *directs to the system32 dir
mkdir temphack *creates the folder temphack
copy logon.scr temphack\logon.scr *backsup logon.scr
copy cmd.exe temphack\cmd.exe *backsup cmd.exe
del logon.scr *deletes original logon.scr
rename cmd.exe logon.scr *renames cmd.exe to logon.scr
exit *quits dos

let it do its stuff, takes a minute. then when it seems to be done, paste this in. (WITHOUT the quotes)

"net user (admin account name here) password"

If the Administrator Account is called bob and you want the password blah enter this

"net user Bob blah"

and this changes the password on bob machine to blah and then you changed the password. Not sure if this will work though. off the top of my head.

Try doing this.

Go to run, and then type in cmd and then enter.

when in cmd, copy this , and after you have copied this, paste it in the cmd

cd\ *drops to root
cd\windows\system32 *directs to the system32 dir
mkdir temphack *creates the folder temphack
copy logon.scr temphack\logon.scr *backsup logon.scr
copy cmd.exe temphack\cmd.exe *backsup cmd.exe
del logon.scr *deletes original logon.scr
rename cmd.exe logon.scr *renames cmd.exe to logon.scr
exit *quits dos

let it do its stuff, takes a minute. then when it seems to be done, paste this in. (WITHOUT the quotes)

"net user (admin account name here) password"

If the Administrator Account is called bob and you want the password blah enter this

"net user Bob blah"

and this changes the password on bob machine to blah and then you changed the password. Not sure if this will work though. off the top of my head.
She can't do any of that because she is not able to log on to the system without the password. You can't go to run if you are not logged on the system. Even using NTFS DOS you only have read access to an NTFS partition therefore you won't be able to run any copy or delete commands. Your process would work with a non NTFS file system by booting to DOS somehow. Most likley her file system is NTFS. ERD commander will work. I've personally used in hundreds of times when people forget their passwords.

Back