Anybody from New York City?

Malfoyish said:
I live in NYC.

Let me know when you'll be visiting. I'll plan my vacation around that time. ;)

LOL, that's funny..

few things: i was mugged in st.louis too. Manhattan is a great place to visit. too bad that yankees stadium is in bronx.

net0man said:
few things: i was mugged in st.louis too. Manhattan is a great place to visit. too bad that yankees stadium is in bronx.

St. Louis has the highest crime rate in the USA from what I read.

St. Louis is pretty high on the list, but you see from the link I provided that Camden, New Jersey takes the honors.

i live in ny, about 45 mins or less by car from NYC. i started going to manhattan for school at age of 14 on my own. little after that, i started taking subways on my own which was a little scarier for first timer.

NYC is definiately safe to hang out on your own, just use your common sense and be aware of where you are, it is a HUGE city on a tiny island. bad thing happens when youre in wrong place, wrong time. it happens. More people, high population, more chance of things happening. 9/11 isnt gonna keep me at home from going to city. I LOVE NYC!

Aw

Lay off the Bronx. It ain't so bad.

I live about three blocks away from Yankee Stadium.

Like it there. no problems.

Beowulf said:
St. Louis is pretty high on the list, but you see from the link I provided that Camden, New Jersey takes the honors.

Beowulf...I don't know if you have an experience in Camden. A few years ago, a friend of mine was going to school and he lived in Camden for 9 months. I went up and stayed with him for about a week. I had always wondered why they called Camden 'Little Beirut'. After staying there, I found the name very fitting ;)

One thing I did enjoy about camden was that it was a short train trip to Philadelphia, and I had a great time visiting downtown Philly.

NYC is awesome!

I used to live in New York City and I was serving my mission in Bronx/Manhattan. My parents were very worried about me living in NYC. Even my parents had to check the news of NYC every single day to make sure if nothing bad happens in NYC. I was like, Geesh mom and dad! NYC wasnt' half bad after all. I fell in love in NYC. I find it NYC very exciting and more lively. I wouldn't mind living in NYC someday but i doubt my future husband to be would like it. Oh well. After 9/11, I visited NYC again, i noticed there were more security accesses and I still feel like NYC is still the same city I lived few years ago.

I live in NYC since I was 4 years old. I felt so safe to be here. NYC is FUN FUN FUN place to visit. Trust me.

I Used To Live In Ny (queens)

Bewitched said:
I used to live in New York City and I was serving my mission in Bronx/Manhattan. My parents were very worried about me living in NYC. Even my parents had to check the news of NYC every single day to make sure if nothing bad happens in NYC. I was like, Geesh mom and dad! NYC wasnt' half bad after all. I fell in love in NYC. I find it NYC very exciting and more lively. I wouldn't mind living in NYC someday but i doubt my future husband to be would like it. Oh well. After 9/11, I visited NYC again, i noticed there were more security accesses and I still feel like NYC is still the same city I lived few years ago.

I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN NY (QUEENS) UNTIL 20 YRS. OLD GOT MARRIED AND MOVED TO CT. BEC I LOVES TO LIVE IN COUNTRY AND QUIET PLACE...EVEN MORE SAFER FOR CHILDREN TO PLAY OUTSIDE WHICH THAT PLACE I WAS RAISED DOESN'T HAVE ANY BACKYARD ONLY SMALL ENUFF FOR BBQ! I PREFER BIG ONE! THAT'S WHY I AM SO UNHAPPY WHILE GROWING UP IN NY AND NOW IM VERY HAPPY LIVING IN CT. SINCE 1967! WILL NEVER GO BACK LIVE IN NY AGAIN! YES ONLY TO VISIT MY RELATIVES AND COUSINS WHO STILL LIKE IN N.J., QUEENS AND LONG ISLAND THATS ALL!! IN NYC AND QUEENS HAVE TOO CROWD TO DRIVE BY! BUT YES, I DO FEEL BAD FOR WTC BEC I WAS NEW YORKER MYSELF! BUT CANNOT LIVE THERE!
TMG

Steel said:
I'm where hentai belongs. :D
Japan? or Hentailand? Heh.

Back to this topic. NY rocks! NYC is even better! NY is my third choice to live in America if I want to move to east for odd reasons. 1) California (of course), 2) Oregon.

Back