Any suggestions ??????

Thanks again for all of the good suggestions. I am going to look into all of them. It never hurts to try. Any other ideas still would be welcome. I need all the suggestions I can get. Thanks again.

My two year old son Tristan is also having hard time to sleep, as he has given up on naps and would go to bed late. This is what my husband and I would do, we lay him down on his bed, turn the tv on in his bedroom and put DVD movie on, like Finding Nemo or CARS, or Shrek, it depends on what movie he picks. Then we would play the movie, turn the lights off and leave the room with the door shut, leaving Tristan on his bed to watch his movie. By end of the movie when we check on him, he's asleep.

Maybe that would work? Have your daughter watch movie or television and that would make her fall asleep? It works on our son.

Also, maybe try asking another deaf/blind person if they have that problem...

If you have light preception, that shouldn't be a problem. If I recall correctly, Ashley is visually impaired (don't know if she's legally blind) but not completely blind with out any light preception, which is fairly uncommon.

Personally, I'm exposed to very little/no sunlight (ever). Our windows are sealed down to the last crack, and I wear heavy eye protection while outdoors. I can still tell that the sun is out, if I'm not wearing occluders. That said, after years of moving, I've gotten pretty good at getting a good night's sleep no matter where the sun is. I have progressive vision loss and am legally blind.

Have you tried changing her room? Maybe it needs to be more dark? Maybe there is too much stimulation (pictures, colors, etc.) for her. You might want to research into colors - such as choosing colors that are soothing and relaxing. Have you had her checked for food allergies? Or it could be something in her diet.

Yes, that's right.

• Something decoration in her room with her favorite color, toy etc. It would calm her down and relaxing mood.
  • Check with child physican over allergic test.
  • Don't give her candies and soda after 2 pm. Those sugar and junk foods drives child wild and can't sleep...
  • Turn TV off one hour before her bedtime and take one hour time with until her bedtime.....

And agree with RD2's post.

My two year old son Tristan is also having hard time to sleep, as he has given up on naps and would go to bed late. This is what my husband and I would do, we lay him down on his bed, turn the tv on in his bedroom and put DVD movie on, like Finding Nemo or CARS, or Shrek, it depends on what movie he picks. Then we would play the movie, turn the lights off and leave the room with the door shut, leaving Tristan on his bed to watch his movie. By end of the movie when we check on him, he's asleep.

Maybe that would work? Have your daughter watch movie or television and that would make her fall asleep? It works on our son.

Yep my daughter do that sometime! :thumb:

I wish Ashley was interested in TV. She will not stay in one place long enough to see more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time. We have tried music too. Seems to be leveling off this week. She has been sleeping some better when she naps early or even just takes a nap. The shorter the nap the better she sleeps too. I have been giving her a snack just at bedtime and that I think has helped some too. Trying everything right now. Thanks for all of the great suggestions to all !

I've heard that the children need to wind down after tea time, slow down, relax by playing quietly, or watching TV or reading stories before bedtime. I suppose that rather difficult to do with your daughter but do hope it will be resolved for your sake!

She has been doing a little better with her sleep. I have changed her med schedule around a bit and that has helped. Her eating more I think has helped. Seems a combination of a few things have made a difference. Thanks for all of the suggestions. They were all much appreciated.

She has been doing a little better with her sleep. I have changed her med schedule around a bit and that has helped. Her eating more I think has helped. Seems a combination of a few things have made a difference. Thanks for all of the suggestions. They were all much appreciated.

That s wonderful update ;):):):)!!! :D

So far so good. She is doing so much better. Eating and sleeping are not so bad. Knock on wood. Thanks for the support.

Back