Any single fathers here?

MotorexGTR32

Reaction score
I am a single father and raising my 2 little daughters on my own who is 2 and 4 years old.

Being single can be great for many reasons especially giving all my attentions to my daughters as much as I can be as it is my duty to be a father to them.

My point is here I hate the fact that many women always automatically thinks I am married or not available just because I have kids with me all the time everywhere I go. It made me so frustrating and sometime it scared women off that if they want to get involved with me, they don't want to take responsibilites on my daughters or be part of my daughters' lives. That's their choices and they didn't have to because it is not their kids, right? They can help if they want but I do not ask them to, though. Other reason, some would feel that I don't give a woman enough attention because I have kids with me. It doesn't mean that I have experience it which I haven't yet. It is one of my theories. I also think that it's very common that women are not used to seeing a single father to raising their kids on their own nowadays and have a woman step into their lives if she want to be a part of it. It's totally opposite that men accept a single mother as no problem but for a single father, I don't think so.

It's not that I don't have a problem with having my kids with me to anywhere I go. I sacrificed my single life to get my daughters back after my break up with my ex fiancee who we had been together for nearly 4 years.

I rarely going out to have fun or do something that I really don't remember when the last time I went out on my own with my friends because I am raising my kids on my own which is pretty tough but very rewarding to me.

What's your reaction to this or have any single fathers out there experienced like this? Any insights would be appreciated.

Well from what I hear, you'd have way better luck with a single mother. Unfortunately at 27, it is kinda hard to find a single mother, but trust me they're out there! also don't overlook older women. I've hit on chicks who turned out to be 40 and already popped out a couple kids!

Good luck!

As for me... Nope, in fact I'm waiting for this to become available!
diy-vasectomy-magnet-set.jpg

Hahahaha, vasectomy. Heard it's pain after having vasectomy!

I havent overlook women who is older than me so ages doesn't matter to me. My belief is that it's better to let the time takes your nature of finding a woman that are a right one for you than looking one on your own because it quite doesn't work that way. It bound to be happen someday when a time is right for me. Who know!

Kudos to you for taking on the responsibility of raising 2 small children....alone....Most men would not step up to the plate like this.

But there are more women raising their children alone than there are men....

And their social life suffers also! The kids are labeled "excessive baggage"....

That is one of the reasons why men and women who have children and don't want the responsibility of raising them, drop them off to the kids grandparents....more and more grandparents are raising their grandchildren! Giving up their own "golden years" to raise their children's children.

Children deserve both parents, in a stable and secure home. I think you realize that now!....

Wear a condom or keep those pants zipped up.

But, good luck in finding a partner who would be willing to help you raise your children.

Rockin, your post hit me hard!

Yes he deserve a HUGE prop for raising two kids on his own! I'm so terrified of having one kid that I go through great pain to make sure it will NOT happen!

As for parent who drop their kids off at grandparents. That piss me off! I have a friend who keep ask me to go on a long trip with her. However she is a single mother and she did most horrific job of taking care of kid that I no longer want to be around her any more.
She'd do thing like drop kid off at her parent's and disappear for days, try to have friends help her raise her kid, etc...
Then she'd go out to club or bar and meet a man then a couple weeks later she'd try to drop the kid onto man's lap. Of course none of men take this well so she'd end up all upset and come to me or other friend and cry and scream about how all men are "assholes" and how her kid is preventing her from being happy.
Last time she came to me and my friend and cry about how her "date" won't take her kid to eye doctor after knowing him for only 3 weeks! That's when I stop talk to her and block her out of my life.

So it always make me really happy to see a parent take good care of their kid.

Being single dad is very rare to see that they take care of kids which is great father.

Hope this forum is something that you can have some vent or stress free for a few hours or so.

welcome.

Kudos to you for taking on the role of being a full time parent alone. It is not easy and no, your social life wont be like as someone who doesnt have children. However, the rewards are worth it.

Kudos to you for taking on the responsibility of raising 2 small children....alone....Most men would not step up to the plate like this.

But there are more women raising their children alone than there are men....

And their social life suffers also! The kids are labeled "excessive baggage"....

That is one of the reasons why men and women who have children and don't want the responsibility of raising them, drop them off to the kids grandparents....more and more grandparents are raising their grandchildren! Giving up their own "golden years" to raise their children's children.

First of all, kudos to OP for taking on the responsibility raising his daughters.

In Australia, more and more grandparents are taking on the responsibility of bringing up their grandchildren, and many don't have much money as they're not working. Sad. I don't like hearing parents dumping their kids on grandparents unless there's a really good reason.

A lot of people just don't want to take on the baggage. Yes, I know it seems unfair but what can you do about it? Not much. You don't want to be with these people if they are like that. On the bright side, there is always someone out there for you.

It's just a matter of time, don't give up on yourself.

Back