any of y'll open minded?

alrighty then...

glad we settle this.

All I wanted to say is...

I am not open minded.

Since this is what the thread is about.

:wiggle:

That is all right, TTT... all we ask is that you don't judge us by our sexual preference, but try to see how we can talk with each other - maybe you might find someone that you can talk to once in a while, no matter what kind of person that is, be he male, be she female, be gay, lesbian, str8, whatever, black, white...just check us out and see who you can talk to.

You dont have to be open minded, just talk to us once in a while and see what happens...smiles. You might even be pleasantly surprised!

ummm

that is wrong for people to call you a liar...
and you should have ignore those people...
they were brain washing you.

Just like it happened to me, at CSUN, I didn't want to date and rejected
a guy.... and he got this lesbian hitting on me...
it would give him a satisfaction that if I am a lesbian.
it would make him mad if I date a guy that I think is compatible to me.

And he won't leave it alone... until he is satisfied...
so he kept pushing and pushing....

And I didn't give in... I left CSUN... and I just made myself clear
that I just don't want him.

Because I am strong, and I know what I want. And I am determined
and tooo stubborn.... I ain't gonna let people brain wash me and
dictate on how I should live....
Dreamdeaf, you were too weak.. you should have told the people
to back off and respect you... and if you want to be bisexual then
you can.... If those people won't back off, then they aren't your friends,
you should have slam the door on their faces. and find other friends.
:type:

Smiles - I didnt have a pblm with them calling me a liar - its because I know what I am. If they want to call me a liar, then it's their problem, not mine.

I often turn the other cheek and walk away - sometimes they will follow me calling me names all the way, but Ive always had friends telling them to back off or they will get hurt. Then I tell my friends not to worry about those people, they will find out sooner or later.

In fact, by this... Ive had peeps coming up and apologizing to me for their behavior and telling me why they changed their opinion of GLBTs and making amends for their actions. Ive always smiled and given them a hug, and tel them they've been forgiven.

However, then there is the other faction - which I have managed to forgive...but not forgotten. Those peeps, I just stay away from, and ignore them.

It's a matter of knowing what you are, accepting what you are, and the ability to forgive. It may not be easy to forget, and in some instances, you may not ever forget but usually forgiven.

TTT, I'm just asking you ... you dont have to open your mind to the thought of GBLT, but open your mind to what we are as individuals. Yeah, many of us here at AD are Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transsexuals or Transgenders... but we are also all individuals.

Just establish communication with us as individuals, and see what happens. You already know me as this crazy woman with a twisted, twanky, twinkly, tweaky, twiddly and twitchy sense of humor. See me as an individual, not as a bisexual.

Try to see CoolieFroggie as an frog-loving individual, not as a lesbian.

Try to see MizzDeaf as a quiet individual, with a lot of questions, not as a gay.

Try to see Nozobo as a silly but serious-minded indvidual, not as a gay man.

Try to see Fly Free as a outspoken female indivudual, not as a butch dyke.

See us as individuals, and you might see us - we're the same as you...as individuals.

As I can see you as a poetry-writing, serious individual, not just a faceless str8.

To all of you others, I'm sorry if I went off-topic, please forgive me.

don't worry about me

I am watching Oprah...

It is about women who are raped in Congo, Africa.
And men who protected these women are killed.

And that woman, the military men removed her
bone in her arm, and now her arm is deformed.
And they forced her son to raped her....

And so these women have nobody to go to for help...
no rape counseling or anything....

But anyway...
You are lucky that you live in country where people help you...
and those people who name calling... are terrible.

I had gay friends at Gallaudet. I don't hate gay people. I don't hate anybody.
I am angry with that gay guy, Ricky who hate me.... and when I see gay people, I think of him... and I would take my anger out of them.

I am sorry.

Glb

I am not exactly sure what I am. I find that I do have bisexual tendencies. I can't menatlly picure myself having sex with another woman but I am attracted to some women as much as I am to men so I'm still working out to if I am really Bi or not.

As for what I think.... I wrote the following as part of a story I am writing (It is a sequal to the story posted on the link page of my signature)

The thoughts and Ideas that are said to be that of the male cousin's (Matt) is actually what I think and feel. Hope that helps.....

(Story)
“Ninon is hearing but raised by Deaf parents. Deaf are more open to different lifestyles than hearing. I didn’t even think about how Matt’s family would view them when I invited them to the wedding. Ninon is like a kid sister to me. I babysat her when Nora would go out. The fact that she loves another woman just is part of who she is and doesn’t matter to me.”

I smiled, “I feel mostly the same way. I was just surprised at the time. I have met other gay couples since then and have friends from school that are gay. I accept them the way they are. And still love them for who they are not what they are.”

Emily nodded, “When Matt first met Deanna and Ninon he was a bit shocked by them. The October before we married he went with me to the homecoming game for the Deaf School football team. We sat with Ninon and Deanna. I told Matt, Ninon was a good friend. Afterward Ninon and Susan asked us if we wanted to join them for dinner. Matt hadn’t caught on that they were Lesbians. I asked him if he minded going to dinner forgetting to tell him it would be a gay friendly restaurant. I think it was on the drive to the place that Ninon and Deanna kissed in the backseat. Matt caught it and it dawned on him they were a couple and not just friends. He looked at me and signed very small “Lesbian” trying to hide what he was asking me. I replied, “Yes”. You should have seen his face. He was … I can’t think of a word to explain. He was so confused because Ninon has two children. The girl is 14 and the boy 12. He started asking questions. He wanted to know if Ninon was Bisexual. She laughed at him and said, “Straight,” and waited a second before she signed, “Lesbian.” She then explain that she’d married very young and had the kids but always felt like she was living in the wrong body. She eventually realized she was in love with another woman and did not want to be with her husband. They divorced and she and Deanna have been together ever since.

Ninon doesn’t feel she ever really wanted to be with her ex-husband but she hadn’t come to terms with the fact that she was sexually attracted to women when she married. She probably married to try and make herself stop feeling the way she did toward other women. So we go to this restaurant. He tried to follow conversations and answer things but he was bewildered. More friends of Deanna and Ninon’s kept showing up and soon there were like twelve of us sitting around two tables. The only conversation that Matt was really able to participate in was why it is that men who wish to be women have an easier gender reassignment surgery than women. I felt sorry for him. But you know what? He never has said one thing bad about them. He doesn’t seem to judge them. It made me love him even more.”

“Wow,” I signed. “I’m surprised.”

Emily went on, “Matt tells me, even with his very conservative Christian upbringing, he has always felt that homosexuality is inborn. He does not feel it is a choice. He knows two women that have sons that are gay. Both of those women told him that they knew about their sons when they were as young as two years old. How can a mother know that about her child at such a young age if it was not something they were born being? He also told me how in Biology class they learned about how hormones can affect the gender of embryos. Too much of one hormone can make what is genetically a female have male characteristics and vice versa. Matt felt if that was true then it is possible that having a lesser degree of that hormone present at conception but still more than what should normally be there then it would be possible that the chemical imbalance within could determine homosexuality. Then there was his abnormal psychology class that discussed that researchers have seen that there is a chemical difference in the brains of some homosexuals than that of heterosexuals. Because of all these things he says he can’t see homosexuality as a choice.”

“Interesting,” I replied, “Okay, but people would argue that the choice is that homosexuals choose to act on their homosexuality instead of being Bible fearing Christians that see homosexuality as a sin against God. What does my cousin have to say about that?”

She looked away for a second trying maybe to think of how to say what came next, “He told me he has seen over and over again how gay people are treated by society. How they are shunned, called names, hurt and degraded. He feels that there is no way a person would willingly choose to endure that kind of life. He also told me that night after we arrived back at my house that he had a friend that was a closet gay. The man had married and tried to live the life that our society believes is the way we should live. But this man had a secret life. He would go out of town on business and on these trips lived a gay life. One day, somehow his wife found out and his life fell apart. She asked for a divorce. He lost his job and most of his friends. Six months later he killed himself. Matt wonders if this man had been honest with himself and lived a gay life instead of trying to fit into society if that man would be alive today? Matt thinks he would be.”

I shook my head not in disagreement but in sorrow for a life ruined because of keeping such a huge secret not only from the people that had loved that man but for keeping the secret of what he really was from himself until it came back to haunt him. “Terrible,” I finally signed.

“You want to know what he says about the Bible?” Emily asked in cautious sign.

“I guess. I know it has to be close to the same kind of thinking.”

“Yes, Matt told me he thinks that the Bible can’t be interpreted so strictly as many people interpret it. He pointed out to me that the Bible says to shun people who have Leprosy. You’ll have to forgive me for not knowing the exact wording but I am not a Biblical scholar. Matt told me that the Bible makes outcast of people with the disease. I think he said something about they are not considered to be Christians because of this disease. Well, he told me that we now know Leprosy is a disease and not something that can be controlled. It has nothing to do with believing in God. So the Bible cannot be held in a strict doctrine of what it says about Leprosy. He feels that the same holds true for homosexuality.”

I like real male's body all the way. I do respect whatever gays want as long as they are happy to live with it. But I do not want to get involved with them at the party or at bar becuz it's not my type. I'm warning u young ppl whoever u go with a gay, u will be sorry if it's time u will never know when u will get drunk, they will rape u taken an advantage of ur underwear. Sometimes, gay can be bad, u will never know who will be.

IIIII lIl lIll said:
I like real male's body all the way. I do respect whatever gays want as long as they are happy to live with it. But I do not want to get involved with them at the party or at bar becuz it's not my type. I'm warning u young ppl whoever u go with a gay, u will be sorry if it's time u will never know when u will get drunk, they will rape u taken an advantage of ur underwear. Sometimes, gay can be bad, u will never know who will be.

Apples and oranges.

Yeah, the last time I knew... straight people are as guilty of this as well. Havent you heard of date rape?

Again, sexual orientation has nothing to do with date rape... PEOPLE do.

Isn't it lovely how somebody always proclaim being straight loudly, and then saying they respect homosexuality... oooops, just don't hang out with them?

"I'm fine with gay people as long as they dont touch me!" Please. Somebody actually said that. I am straight, but even I can see this comes from a low self esteem. I don't care if a gay person kisses me either. :) :twisted: *hinting at Kootchie*

me straight. my wife and i have close gay and lesbian friends and had them come to our wedding 2.5 years ago. we support their wishes, gay marriage.

Yes, I'm open minded person from where there is not lot of open minded people over there, unfortunately. I don't follow in their footsteps in their beliefs toward homosexuality. I know what is best for me, not depending on others and their beliefs.

Liza said:
"I'm fine with gay people as long as they dont touch me!" Please. Somebody actually said that. I am straight, but even I can see this comes from a low self esteem. I don't care if a gay person kisses me either. :) :twisted: *hinting at Kootchie*

LOL, mwahhhhhies :hug: :klem:

:asshole: :laugh2: Maybe, one of these day u will catch Aids or/ Hiv from gays' party food/drinks or play in bed from straight to bisexual. That's why I prefer to keep me in good record for the rest of my life.

Perhaps you will catch HIV/AIDS from straight sex, if you're not too careful! Remember, Karma exists.

Back