Any idea on quit smoking?

Good job. it ain't easy.

Thanks!

For the first year or so after I quit, I kept having dreams that I was smoking, and I woke up wanting a cigarette, but I didn't light up! I don't have those dreams much anymore, though.

I quit smoking in 2005, I just toughed it out and quit, and refused to light up any more cigarettes. I am now smoke free for 3 years.

Same with my parents. Mom and Dad smoked for about 30 yrs, but quit when I was 13. They both quit cold turkey in Sept 1983 and haven't smoked since.

Some people can go cold turkey and quit; while other people need help to do it. Whatever method you choose, the key is to NOT give into cravings for the nicotine. Adopting other habits helps.

When my mother first quit, she used to put her hands down in water. She said it made it easier to resist lighting up, because you can't smoke if your hands are wet. She also did ALOT of dishes! :giggle:

Good luck to those who are trying to give up their smokes and congratulations, Lucia! Quitting smoking is NOT an easy thing to do! :)

I heard that if you try to quit smoking, you would have crave for something else like overeating for example. Your body switches to something to replace smoking, you know?

That is true. Because smoking satisfies an oral craving, you will substitute something else to satisfy the craving. The reason people gain weight is because they often substitute food items for the oral craving when they give up the cigs.

That is true. Because smoking satisfies an oral craving, you will substitute something else to satisfy the craving. The reason people gain weight is because they often substitute food items for the oral craving when they give up the cigs.

I smoke cigars whenever I go to bars or club to help with oral fixtures. I drink one glass of water every time I eat before and after meal to deal with craving. Also, whenever I get hungry, I just gobbling on veg snacks and fruits. I would rather to be slightly overweight than subjecting myself to cancer.

look at your smoking bill?

Here's my stats from Quitkeeper.

I have been quit for 4 Months, 6 Days, 16 hours, 32 minutes and 6 seconds (129 days). I have saved $421.48 by not smoking 1,296 cigarettes. I have saved 4 Days and 12 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 5/3/2008 8:00 AM

Btw here's link to Quitkeeper http://www.dedicateddesigns.com/qk/screens.htm this is good way to motivate yourself by looking at stats how much you had save money by not smoking.

Here's my stats from Quitkeeper.

I have been quit for 4 Months, 6 Days, 16 hours, 32 minutes and 6 seconds (129 days). I have saved $421.48 by not smoking 1,296 cigarettes. I have saved 4 Days and 12 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 5/3/2008 8:00 AM

Btw here's link to Quitkeeper Quit Smoking Meter :: Quit Keeper 1.08 :: Tracking your quitting statistics :: Screenshots this is good way to motivate yourself by looking how much you have save money.

I wish you continued success, lumbingmi.

Speaking of Chantix... a law firm, I believe out of New York (state) had filed lawsuit against the company that made/producted Chantix.

Do google on what people say about Chantix and how it had affected their family, friends, etc.

whenever I feel stress or being bored, I just go outside and walk for maybe one mile that way it takes ur mind off from smoking.

That's smart! Some people tried to quit smoking. They have a bad time and stress out again. They got back on smoking again. Tsk Tsk Tsk. They suppose not make an excuse for smoking when it's stress out. They need to find something different like go walk, swimming, exercise and use hands errands like clean up, crafts, arts and other. It will help forget about smoking.

My dad had a hard time to quit. He smoked for 35 years. He tried to get a patch to quit smoking. It wasn't help him. It's very tough! He didn't eat health very well. He didn't get exercise enough. He had a high cholesterol and high blood pressure. He didn't attention on his diet. It cause get cancer fast. He had 4 tumors in his gallbladder, lungs, vocal cord, and brain. He had been dying for since 8 months and had a chemo. He died at 48. That what I learned. I'm glad I am non smoker. I had try smoking cigarette. But I didn't like it. I never get bad habit or addict.

Keep it up eat a fruits and vegetables. You can chew a gum instead of expensive nitrodeom gum.

I wish you continued success, lumbingmi.

Thanks. I sometime feel I am so stupid for start nasty habit but it is good to know that my lungs are going to recover from smoking for so many yrs.

That's smart! Some people tried to quit smoking. They have a bad time and stress out again. They got back on smoking again. Tsk Tsk Tsk. They suppose not make an excuse for smoking when it's stress out. They need to find something different like go walk, swimming, exercise and use hands errands like clean up, crafts, arts and other. It will help forget about smoking.

My dad had a hard time to quit. He smoked for 35 years. He tried to get a patch to quit smoking. It wasn't help him. It's very tough! He didn't eat health very well. He didn't get exercise enough. He had a high cholesterol and high blood pressure. He didn't attention on his diet. It cause get cancer fast. He had 4 tumors in his gallbladder, lungs, vocal cord, and brain. He had been dying for since 8 months and had a chemo. He died at 48. That what I learned. I'm glad I am non smoker. I had try smoking cigarette. But I didn't like it. I never get bad habit or addict.

Keep it up eat a fruits and vegetables. You can chew a gum instead of expensive nitrodeom gum.

Sorry about your Dad. Sometime people can't see the whole big picture. Glad that you dont smoke. Yes that s true I have been eating fruits/vegs a lot since I quit smoking.

me and Jolie77 was discussing on topic of quitting smoking because I'm a heavy smoker.. always have crave for it .. i even tried patch and i had bad rash from the patch... ofc there are some suggestions from former smokers.. and i tried some of them but didn't work..

TO any ex smokers out there ... does drinking coffee or caffine makes ya want smoke more and more...? so i wonder if anyone out there have same experince having hard time with quitting smoking
My husband is one of them and he quits last Nov on doctor order so he bought gum and lazore (msipellng) at coscto. many time I thought he cheated but those gum or candy alike smell alike cigaretta. And he still drink heavy coffee everyday. Of course he sometime crave for it. Good luck.

You can do quit smoke without help. Just COLD TURKEY!!

My mom was heavy smoking. She started to smoke when she was 13 years old. She did sudden quit during COLD TURKEY. I think she was 72 years old to quit smoking. Now, she is 78 years old.

Back