Any idea on quit smoking?

Casperman

Reaction score
me and Jolie77 was discussing on topic of quitting smoking because I'm a heavy smoker.. always have crave for it .. i even tried patch and i had bad rash from the patch... ofc there are some suggestions from former smokers.. and i tried some of them but didn't work..

TO any ex smokers out there ... does drinking coffee or caffine makes ya want smoke more and more...? so i wonder if anyone out there have same experince having hard time with quitting smoking

It is documented that caffeine really makes it harder to quit.

There is a special medicine you can get by prescription from your doctor called ZYban. I had it and some prescription nicotine that was put in a little inhaler that was kind of like sucking on a cigarette.

I have quit and have not smoked for several years. It was difficult to stop, but I thought it was worth the effort. (Plus my doctor said I would die if I did not stop.)

Switch to tobacco dip/chew? This sounds rather gross but it helped me some to stop smoking. Maybe unflavoured cigars will help - I don't think they are that addictive like of that cigarettes.

There is a new kind of tobacco in bag (pouches) that you don't have to spit it out or worry about that brown stain on your teeth or clothes. Do search on "Marlboro Snus" and "Triumph Snus" The only downside is that Marlboro Snus is currently limited to Indiana (Indpls) and Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth). I believe Triumph is available in Ohio and Georgia. Snus is very popular in Europe, mainly in Sweden. I think Camel may have some out now.

im been smoking for 6 years since 1999 till 2005 and i got on and off smoking till i got quit myself because my boyfriend not smoker! but i had lung surgery when i was 12 years old and i have no cancer im so lucky to clean my lungs!

after i got quit smoking they my brother got smoking! i can smell so badly! but i can ingore it since my late grandfather been smoking lots.

me and Jolie77 was discussing on topic of quitting smoking because I'm a heavy smoker.. always have crave for it .. i even tried patch and i had bad rash from the patch... ofc there are some suggestions from former smokers.. and i tried some of them but didn't work..

TO any ex smokers out there ... does drinking coffee or caffine makes ya want smoke more and more...? so i wonder if anyone out there have same experince having hard time with quitting smoking

Coffee and cigs go hand in hand. That's something you'd probably need to give up for awhile. If you must have caffeine, try Vivarin.
I'm trying to quit myself. I went almost 2 weeks and caved because I started gaining weight. I was using the patch and chantix. My cravings were minimal but metabolism slows down so weight gain is almost inevitable. I'm joining a gym today and plan to quit again Monday. It's sooooo hard, don't you agree?? Also, there's a great smoking cessation forum on about.com. They're very supportive. You might want to check it out before you set a date, they have lots and lots of tips and info.

Good luck!!

Casper, I smoked a cigarette for a rare but never get addict. My husband was smoker for 10 to 11 years. I made him to quit. He asked me how he quit. I explain to him how to trick for smoking quit. He made it. He quit it.

I understand how it tough for you to quit. How many packs cigarette do you smoke in days? If you smoke 20 cig in a day. Next day you can try 19 then 18. You have to follow the days to reduce. You can try to chew a gun or patch. You can see your doctor to give you a medicine for quit smoking.

I am lucky to not smoke because my dad died of Lung cancer from smoking for 35 years. It's not worth to smoke. It wasted the money. The tax increase in the future.

I heard that if you try to quit smoking, you would have crave for something else like overeating for example. Your body switches to something to replace smoking, you know?

Being a heavy smoker is an outer symptom , not the problem itself. Same as being a heavy drinker. So without realizing and solving the inner problem that pushed one to become a heavy smoker at the first point, trying to quit will always be a struggle. And not just that but even if you quit smoking, it will be replaced by another dependence.

-

I have been smoke-free for 4 months now. I went cold turkey. It ain't easy but I gotta to do it to save my money and for my health.

During my first week of quit, I would go to this website - WhyQuit - the Internet's leading cold turkey quit smoking resource to reinforce myself why I m quitting in the first place. I also drink cranberry a lot to flush nicotine out of my body.

It isn't easy but it s doable as long you put your mind to quit it for real.

I heard that if you try to quit smoking, you would have crave for something else like overeating for example. Your body switches to something to replace smoking, you know?

Eating too much when it's quit smoking. Or chew a gum instead nitrodoem. Also can be biting the fingernails like a nervous. I am glad I don't smoke at all.

That's good for you to be smoke-free. Keep it up. :) I have a question if you're stress and what you will do? Go back to smoke? I just asking.

I have been smoke-free for 4 months now. I went cold turkey. It ain't easy but I gotta to do it to save my money and for my health.

During my first week of quit, I would go to this website - WhyQuit - the Internet's leading cold turkey quit smoking resource to reinforce myself why I m quitting in the first place. I also drink cranberry a lot to flush nicotine out of my body.

Thanks for sharing the link. I read through it and it is very informative. When I read the Smoker's Vow - It made me think that it was too true because at one point, they can't try to curb the nicotine but yet, struggling with it as well.

That's good for you to be smoke-free. Keep it up. :) I have a question if you're stress and what you will do? Go back to smoke? I just asking.

whenever I feel stress or being bored, I just go outside and walk for maybe one mile that way it takes ur mind off from smoking.

I started smoking in the 4th grade.. Yes believe it or not it's true. That is back when cigarettes were in our face no matter where we went. TV commercials, Billboards, cartoons, parents, at the store... .they were everywhere and it was portrayed that it was cool to smoke and they also claimed that smoking was not detrimental to your health. What a crock!!!.. Anyway I have been struggleing with quitting most of my life. There was once that I quit for 10 years and then started again.. What a dumb ass I was. Funny thing though, when I quit for 10 years it was cold turkey without any special gum, patch or hypnotism etc. I am currently smoke free for almost two years now but I did use the patch to get me started. I didn't need to go through the entire program and was able to quit on two boxes of patches. Now thank God smoking is not allowed in public establishments in Illinois. It really helps to not be around it so much. There are really two addictions we fight when trying to quit. The physical and the mental. I also know from personal experience that it's one of the hardest things I have had to do but I am so happy I was able to quit. I feel much better and healthier now and I am not winded anymore after climbing a flight of stairs. Remember that your lungs can repair themselves unless you get lung disease. Please quit before that happens. Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for your health.

I quit smoking in 2005, I just toughed it out and quit, and refused to light up any more cigarettes. I am now smoke free for 3 years.

It's not easy to quit smoking... I was used smoking till i was 19 yer old decied(sp) quit cuz i has hard time breath so i haven't smoking for long time since quit when i was 19 age.

It's for Everybody who want quit smoking but try to break habit for 1 day it'll easy make you feel better much or not it's depend how you feel wanna quit or not

I also asked my 2 grandmas who was a smoker for over average of 45 years each and they quit they said they got tired of smoking and realize it aint worth their health to smoke a cig.. one grandma have COPD and other grandma have mild congestive heart failure from smoking they said also think of my grandpa who died from lung cancer back in 99... it been on back of my mind for a week now.. i have rx for chantix i should give it a try and see bec it helped my aunt so any newer feedback's will be appericated...

also cost of cigs and dollars drained by cigarettes.. the way i figured.. i'm losing average of 150 a month.. while i cld use it for something else like spending on a classic car or else...

dont drink coffee while you smoke, these two tend to reinforce each other.

I did it this while going cold turkey (from ciggies and cannabis), it worked. It wasnt that hard just persistence and just kept telling myself i wont miss getting stoned, a change of view was done with 'reframing' my desire to be wasted was replaced with 'a desire to be clear and fresh' kind of helped to motivate this change. While i was at it, I took St Johns Wort too.

Back