Any Hot Rodders?

madison069

Reaction score
I am building a 79 camaro from the ground up. It's still in the building stage but slowly it will be finished when I am done with college and making some money!

Here are some pics of it,

100_3134.jpg

100_3135.jpg

Temp dash til I am done testing it at the track. After it pass the track test I will be working on the interior and body.
100_3451.jpg

It's dirty but i rebuilt the suspension and painted it black. The rearend has 4.10 posi gears in it.
100_3450.jpg

350 with aftermarket internal, along with afew upgrades.
100_1521.jpg

Hoping for 12 sec with stock converter, 11 sec with aftermarket converter.

here is a video of it running,

Either way, this has been a on going project for the past 10 yrs, but with college, a little money and a little time I have rebuilt the front suspension, rebuild the rear suspension and rearend. Built the motor and getting it legal to run at a NHRA quarter mile track.

So who else hot rods and what is it?

I don't have a hot rod, though that '79 Camaro you have a mid 80's Camaro rims. :P

Yea, I went with the 82-92 rims style since I had the set and it was cheap. Doing a build-up on a budget make up pick some common parts instead of custom or extreme aftermarket parts! LOL

I love older models. they're cool. hope you get a chance to really finish the build unless "overhauling" comes by and swipes your car LOL

My husband is restoring a 66 mustange from the bottom to top. He ordered a whole bunch of kits and parts for the body, interior, motor, ect. He said the motor he is going to build will be 280. Which will make the car a GT. The body work is done. Cherry red. Now he is putting the parts together.

I believe you meant to say the car is a 1966 Mustang GT. simply putting a motor is a car don't change the badge of the car.

Also that 280 is it a 289 instead?

I would love to see some pics of the car!

I will have to get some pics.
And you will have an idea. Lol I am learning this by watching my ol' man working on it.
I know it is a 28something. The pistons are huge.

By the time Hubby is done... I will know everything about cars :grin:

Actually that 289 has the same size piston pistons as the 350 chevy motors, but one thing that motor can do is rev to the moon! It's a blast to drive a high revving motor that's putting out that much power! The combination of the big bore and short stroke of the 289, it produce high horsepower but low torque.

The piston width is 4" unless he went with a over sized piston. a 460 ford big block has 4.36" piston for comparison in size.

Yea, I went with the 82-92 rims style since I had the set and it was cheap. Doing a build-up on a budget make up pick some common parts instead of custom or extreme aftermarket parts! LOL

That's a cool choice, though. That '79 Camaro will be worth huge bucks once it's all restored. I haven't seen those in a long time on the road. :) What size motor is that you dropped in that Camaro?

350, but nothing stock inside or outside. It's pretty much a warmed over motor nothing extreme, but hopes the changes will help in performance.

Seeing that you are online now. I have posted pics of the Mustang.

It is completed now. With pipes and all. :D

Gonna have to take another picture.

I will post it. Probably Tomorrow afternoon!!

It is HOT! I love the car. Looks and sounds sharp. :)

It has been completely restored!!

I'll try to get on to check out your picture tomorrow! No promises as I am pretty busy these days with the new job. Plus when I am home i spend a lot of my time with my dog since she is kept in the crate while I am at work. She prefer the crate over having the run of the house, odd huh?

Back