Any ex-cult members here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad

Reaction score
OK folks, let's try a different tack...

Has anyone here ever belonged to a cult of ANY kind?

I would like to hear about your experiences and survival (for lack of better words).

I'm talking of Scientology, Moonies, Guru Maharaji, Orange People, Hare Krishna, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists, Catholic Schools (LOL), et al - anything that fits into the 'cult' definition.

Even if you knew someone that was involved....what was the effect on you or your family and friends?

For those who want to attack each other about beliefs and/or non belief, I need to remind you that there is a shotgun stashed in the wings loaded with ratshot and your names are on it...get the picture? Start your own thread.

What is your own personal definition of a cult? It's not just the dickhead philosophy of Jonestown or Waco, etc...

Despite my own personal misgivings, for those hiding in shame, I found it liberating to talk and let it out. Sure, I may have been a moron then, but sorry Judge Judy, dumb ain't forever. I learnt and moved on.

Talking about it to others, especially those who did similar things helps to unload it. So come on guys and gals, give it up! Earn yourselves some real freedom.

I have been brain washed by everyone and everywhere.

I have been brain washed by everyone and everywhere.

me too :ty:

I am been brain washed by liberal public school and evolutionists who just won't let you have your religion belief for an answer.

*open rant* :iough: MAY :madfawk: Jehovah's Witnesses rot in hell :rl: *close rant*

That felt better, and don't offend me as I'm entitled to my opinion but I am open to discussion... a nice :gossip: is invited.

I did post in other older thread as you may find it. I was raised in Jehovah's Witnesses family. I'll be happy to answer any questions I can. To answer your question, my personal definition of cult is a religion that refuse to open its mind, be neutral to involve any religion issues and be open to it.

There is another term, "DEPROGRAMMING" means brainwashing to force person to deny and give up her/his belief and return to any religious. Deprogrammers could be against the lawsuit if they are against person's wishing to believe in!

Long times ago, the rabbi was asked for a request of deprogramming on me against Jesus the Messiah by my parents who planned to send me to Boston. They wanted me to deny and give up my belief in Jesus and return to Judaism. I found the rabbi's note in newsletter that he admitted to be deprogrammer and say if anyone who believes in Jesus and still be jewish, inform Rabbi so rabbi can do to deprogram the jews to deny Jesus and return to the judaism. I did not understand what deprogram means so my friends show me a proof of deprogramming. My friend did call Jews for Jesus about deprogramming. We found out from Jews for Jesus that they said that deprogramming is in dangerous of doing illegally against person's wishing. So i had to avoid deprogramming and defense myself not to go to Boston instead!

I am glad that I am still jewish and believe in Jesus the Messiah! Because I am sold to Jesus and belong to Him!

Yeah, I used to belong to a cult. It was called Christianity.

What's your definition of "cult"?

Yes I am an ex member of a cult called the hearing world. In this cult, I was brainwashed into believing that ASL was evil and that I must speak perfectly to be considered a full member of the cult. :giggle:

*open rant* :iough: MAY :madfawk: Jehovah's Witnesses rot in hell :rl: *close rant*

That felt better, and don't offend me as I'm entitled to my opinion but I am open to discussion... a nice :gossip: is invited.

I did post in other older thread as you may find it. I was raised in Jehovah's Witnesses family. I'll be happy to answer any questions I can. To answer your question, my personal definition of cult is a religion that refuse to open its mind, be neutral to involve any religion issues and be open to it.

That's something like I was looking for - thanks nozobo.

How was your "escape" from the cult? Did you have much adjustment to make?

If you were raised as a JW, then I guess it involved a whole new life to learn and your support based taken away as well, just to help you along.....

What was your motivation to leave?

What's your definition of "cult"?

In my opinion, a cult is an organization that draws you in and proceeds to cut off all contact and interaction with the outside world by controlling the hows and whats of information you receive. This, I guess, would be known as programming.

Then you are encouraged to cut off contact with other non believers unless this contact is for recruitment and advertising purposes. Some cults actually enforce this isolation by threats of force or confinement, but most use threat of discipline like being ostracised or expulsion from the group. Expulsion would be an extreme measure, as they can't afford to lose their members. There are strong attempts to "save" them first.

Eventually, the member accepts every word without question and dismisses everything from the outside world as the "Untruth". They can also suffer the most appalling abuses by the group as part of their "enlightenment".

Once they reach this stage, they become the trustees of the cult and generally are ready to become the recruiters eyes, ears and enforcers of the faith. Mindless zombies, by now I guess.

Once people reach a point where they run from the cult, they often are in need of psychological support, as they have lost their survival tools by now and are completely out of touch with the outside world.

Hope that helps.

:nono: :nono:
Yes I am an ex member of a cult called the hearing world. In this cult, I was brainwashed into believing that ASL was evil and that I must speak perfectly to be considered a full member of the cult. :giggle:

Cheeky girl..............:nono:....lol

:nono: :nono:

Cheeky girl..............:nono:....lol

I know..it is just one of those times when I just couldn't resist making a goofy comment like that. Just poking fun of my upbringing. :)

Yea..whenever I see the word. "Cult" images of Waco and Manson. Scary how those people got lured into being completely brainwashed like that. *goosebumps* all over.

In my opinion, a cult is an organization that draws you in and proceeds to cut off all contact and interaction with the outside world by controlling the hows and whats of information you receive. This, I guess, would be known as programming.

Then you are encouraged to cut off contact with other non believers unless this contact is for recruitment and advertising purposes. Some cults actually enforce this isolation by threats of force or confinement, but most use threat of discipline like being ostracised or expulsion from the group. Expulsion would be an extreme measure, as they can't afford to lose their members. There are strong attempts to "save" them first.

Eventually, the member accepts every word without question and dismisses everything from the outside world as the "Untruth". They can also suffer the most appalling abuses by the group as part of their "enlightenment".

Once they reach this stage, they become the trustees of the cult and generally are ready to become the recruiters eyes, ears and enforcers of the faith. Mindless zombies, by now I guess.

Once people reach a point where they run from the cult, they often are in need of psychological support, as they have lost their survival tools by now and are completely out of touch with the outside world.

Hope that helps.
If that's the case, then I think that a lot of students from Gallaudet and NTID are members of a deaf cult of their own. ;)

If that's the case, then I think that a lot of students from Gallaudet and NTID are members of a deaf cult of their own. ;)

Er, those two words are new to me. What do they mean?

Hey dude, I'm allergic to grape flavor-aid -witnesses peoples bodies flop over lifelessly- ... oh... oh.... shit....! SHIT SHIT!!!

~VIA BB~ Cult which meaning Culture. Like instance, egypt of people are egyptian. Interchange names like egypt or egyptian.

Black panther is their black cult. Because they are strong black group only, want black culture, no white or semtic.. Like Nazi group were powerful magic cult, they believed that german are the pure white people only and killed maggots off from their land for white. That where the cult they follow from...

There have many groups are million cult followers.

Whom is cult list I give:

Christian
Muslim
White racist
Black racist
Jewish
Buddiah
Hndiu
Waco
Jonetown
Amish
Mornon
Skinhead
Kkk
Gay
Deaf
On and on.....

I don't know if I am the cult? I believed what my beliefs is: There is none God but I am He; God is manifest in the flesh among you; therefore as I said there is none any heaven nor jesus is in heaven, or God is not even in heaven period! Because I always believed God is the son of man or God is the flesh and blood of Man, there is none God beside me. You automatically assume that I am cult what you want to make label on me. I am fine with that. You don't know what I am doing with my own beliefs...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back