ANY BODY EVER HEARD OF A HOH singer?

There is also Signmark, I think. (We are not sure whether he does his own vocals, but if he does, he's amazing.)

Also, Audiodef, didn't you used to have a roommate (deaf) or a friend who was an opera singer?

Jen M.

I *think* I read that Signmark hires somebody else to do his vocals, at least when he does English instead of Finnish. Sean Forbes does his own vocals, though.

Thanks. I thought Signmark had someone else doing them. In fact, I think I remember reading that he collaborates with other artists regularly.

Jen M.

I dated a guy that was a blues singer and he had a friend that is a successful singer. We where having lunch together and my boyfriend friend said I could be a singer, I thought he was joking , but he meant it . He said it did not matter that I had a speech effect, I was told it not be noticeable when I was singing. The guy worked with Stevie Wonder and other big name singers. So you can be singer and be good at it, Go for it!!

no, my guess its not known because they sing badly as they cant hear themselve properly, FORGET it, you;d just give people headaches

:laugh2:....that's what my son said whenever I start singing around the house....:laugh2:...thought it was the dog barking and told my doggie to "shut up!...you're giving me a headache"

But who cares? When I'm in a good mood, I sing & dance....:giggle: nobody has called the Cops on me yet....LOL

I think there are audio machines they can hook up to you and it listens to you and lights up when you hit the right note and pitch. Also there are books on colors that teach you to think in colors when singing a note. Helps you get the right pitch.

Well - I found out that the church I grew up in and another after we moved farther South both recorded me when I sang solos for the church. I had a severe loss at those times. We also have a recording of me, after I went total deaf, singing with my brother on acoustic 12 string guitar. I sang Silent Night in German and was not aware that my cousin had recorded it. Seems they play it each year at Christmas. By the way, I only know the 1st verse in German, not the whole carol. My kids asked me to do it this past Christmas and I did. Mother said I sang totally in key through it all. Not bad after not hearing anything for 5 years at the time.

This is amazing and inspiring. I watched the video of See What I'm Saying...I cried. I used to sing all the time but when my hearing went I quit because I didn't want to sound awful...I figured I would sound like a banshee screeching.

I don't know if I want to go into music so much as this has inspired me to maybe look towards the Arts as a direction of study as I am searching for the course of study I want to take for going to school.

I'm HOH (wear 2 hearing aids) and sing with my church choir. (Eastern Orthodox)

I was discovered quite by accident.

I was at Bible study at a member's apartment and saw some sheet music on her piano. So,I let out a few bars. The choir director (priest's wife) said a voice as good as mine should be on the choir. She even said I could go pro if I wanted to! (I dont.)

So,I got drafted!

The music is different from the Afro gospel and Southern gospel I grew up with (former Baptist and Pentecostal) but I'm a quick study.

I'm really enjoying using my newfound talent. :D Priest's wife says my rich voice (baritone) comes from my abdomen/diaphram;must be from all of that middle distance running I used to do. I used to do 5ks and hope to build up mileage and go back to that again.

Back