ANY BODY EVER HEARD OF A HOH singer?

search find on singer!

somethign let me go google I find basic :lol:

Sean Forbes is pretty good for a HoH person! Just saw a few of his videos and I liked them, although not a big fan of hip-hop these days. :thumb:

Sean forbes is really cool.....never heard of him..he sounds really gd to ... Wow... I am a fan now.

:) I say go for it! I'm a Deaf singer...although I'm no celine dion I do what I I can best as far as vocal style goes.
Don't let the HOH part get you down! If I can do it I know you can.

I write music too-although it's kinda difficult because I'm Deaf I love it and it's very rewarding. To hear my stuff you can visit reverbnation.com/jaspheth.

I do have a vocal track on there-it's kind of a hatefull track. It's supposed to be. I do hard rock/metal/industrial so singing like lady gaga isn't my thing but if it's your thing and you are able to do it and it's something you can do with your voice I see nothing that is holding you back except yourself.

I started singing when I was 5, and sing better than I speak-it can be done!

:)

Sheri.

I sing all the time. When I'm listening to my tape recorder on the street I just sing along and i get stares(but its been a habit of singing in the street since I was 9 before i was HOH)I sing some stuff in the shower. I can hear without hearing aids but need HA for class,meetings and family functions. I sing all the time. and i sometimes annoy ppl with it. cuz i sing to loud and then i get yelled at to lower my voice.

I was thinking about pursuing a career singing.... I can sing very well but... with me being hoh I cannot hear certain notes and get the pitches wrong... as I was told.... I am scheduled to get the baha next month so maybe that can help me out... this would b my dream and I am going to try to go for it.... but are there any other hoh singers out there?

I am a Deaf singer and it can be done.
It's very difficult for me and I typically will record my vocals on average at least 20 times or more before I make it public if it's good enough to put on my band page.

Lately though I've not put any vocal recordings up. I'm just not happy with my voice...but will when I get the confidance back.

you can visit my band page at Jaspheth | Marietta, GA | Other / Ambient / Industrial | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

although not the greatest thats ever been heard there is only so much I can do with a crappy home studio in my home. I need a real studio to get into.

don't give up! I never will!:wave:

OPPS! I totally forgot I posted here! disregard this post!

I used to sing a lot for both church and the community theater while I was younger and had hearing aids. Also, after I did not have hearing aids, I would still sing. I was told I did quite well. I know with a high school choral group, we did a singing Christmas tree at Walt Disney World and I had to sing a solo for all those watching and it was supposed to be televised.

Now, I can't hear a thing, and I do still sing mostly at home, and I am told I still stay on pitch. My kids pulled out the electric keyboard and had me sing a song I know and then my mother found the music and checked and I had the right pitch. Surprised us all.

no, my guess its not known because they sing badly as they cant hear themselve properly, FORGET it, you;d just give people headaches

I misread this title and thought it said "Anybody ever heard of a HOH SIGNER" and I was like, yes...oh, that's not what they said.

Anyway, I do not sing, except on rare occasions when I'm alone in the car and then only if I have the music loud enough that I can't hear myself. I do play in the band though, but I'm not very good.

Bet there are more HOH singers than we realize....so good luck and go for it...

Practice makes perfect.

Oh, there are plenty loss-hearing singers. However, for HOH, few did made it if they understood their own vocal.

i'm surprised that artists don't go deaf or at least HOH for all the loud music they are surronded by. I sometimes have music a little too loud but i do that so i don't actually hear myself. but i still do i just like it loud.

I was thinking about pursuing a career singing.... I can sing very well but... with me being hoh I cannot hear certain notes and get the pitches wrong... as I was told.... I am scheduled to get the baha next month so maybe that can help me out... this would b my dream and I am going to try to go for it.... but are there any other hoh singers out there?

Rapper Foxy Brown who became Deaf overnight and now she is using cochlear implants. So she explained about her deafness that she is completely "cure":roll::laugh2: by now because of the surgery.

Foxy Brown Returns: Deafness Cured, She's Back To Work - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV

i'm surprised that artists don't go deaf or at least HOH for all the loud music they are surronded by. I sometimes have music a little too loud but i do that so i don't actually hear myself. but i still do i just like it loud.

They do, sometimes. Extreme case-in-point: Frankie Wilde.

I sing. I have a wonderful voice teacher. Good singing is not dependent upon hearing (as opposed to staying on pitch, which is). The act of singing comes from the way you encourage the various muscles in your body to work together to produce a clear tone that resonates in the right places; this is based on being aware of how those various parts FEEL, not how they sound. The sound is merely the end result that takes care of itself.

Because of this approach, with the help of my coach (hey, this rhymes, let's light a roach!) my voice has gone from the "deaf zombie" voice to a voice that only my girlfriend can occasionally identify as having a little "down in the throat" problem. I do voice exercises on a regular basis - exactly the same ones any hearing singer should be doing.

Feel free to hit me up for tips. I'll share what I know.

I sing in the shower, car, and most anytime I think I'm alone. I think I sound great! but I'm a total scardy cat to find out if I really am any good. I like to hear myself sing and that's good enough for me. It does bother me a bit that my girlfriend doesn't think I should sing, she is HOH so I don't trust her opinion on this. Every time I start singing she interrupts me so I have just given up and don't sing around her much anymore. :hmm:

If you ever feel the need to bust loose, you can always book a studio session with Audiodef! ;) You know you are welcome here any time. I'm sure he'd have some good pointers for you, too.

Jen

I'm sure a lot DO suffer hearing loss. I can tell you that as a formerly avid concert-goer (LOTS of metal concerts!) I have some hearing loss from that. I was always "too cool to wear earplugs" when I went to shows. I also have tinnitus really badly now. LOL!

Jen M.

Back