any beer enthusiasts out there?

Dammmmnnn, I want to try some of that! What you describe sounds a lot like the stuff pioneered by Russian River Brewery (Beautification, Supplication, Damnation, etc) in Santa Rosa, CA.

:) It certainly is. You definitely don't want me to go through the list of the current week's tappings. It's the GABF week here at Avery. Meph Addict and 2002 Czar is on tap this week. A couple of '02s and a bunch of mid aged beer on tap as well.... Oops did I say too much?

mid aged beer?
whats that

some beer that is like half way to its fullest maturity. Like some beer takes 5-7 years, and they give it at 2-3 years.

Some beer can be aged 10+ years. Avery is only 17, and they started some of the biggest beer they have 8 years ago.

Lol, ever heard of "asian flush"? After I had a cup or glass of wine/beer two summers ago, I felt really sick, thew up, and turned red all over. Made me swore off on alcohol beverages ever since because no one looks good all red and puffy like a lobster >.<

Lol, ever heard of "asian flush"? After I had a cup or glass of wine/beer two summers ago, I felt really sick, thew up, and turned red all over. Made me swore off on alcohol beverages ever since because no one looks good all red and puffy like a lobster >.<

I told Jiro about that... He didn't like me saying things about that.

I don't have asian flush :whistle:

had no idea about beer being able to be aged for such a length of time, i thought it was only spirits, like rum or whisky..but .. beer !! wow this is something i have learnt *actually should be in 'what i have learned today" thread lol

had no idea about beer being able to be aged for such a length of time, i thought it was only spirits, like rum or whisky..but .. beer !! wow this is something i have learnt *actually should be in 'what i have learned today" thread lol

:)

Wine is around 13-16% abv usually and people age them for the longest time.

With beer I'd say you can safely age anything above 9% abv for a good amount of time. As a rule of thumb 10-13% can be cellerable for about 5 years. 15%+ can be 10 years and beyond.

Don't drink alcohol anymore, but when I did, it was mainly a triple shot of Jack Daniel's with a beer chaser and the beer was *groan* Michelob Lite. Also drank Lowenbrau on occasion.

Gave up all alcohol to get married. Hubby is worth it. Never drank the good quality beer though. I was a triple shot of Jack Daniels with a beer chaser, Michelob Lite.
Post #21

Quote=KristinaB Don't drink alcohol anymore, but when I did, it was mainly a triple shot of Jack Daniel's with a beer chaser and the beer was *groan* Michelob Lite. Also drank Lowenbrau on occasion.

Post #52

What did you substitute instead?? :lol:

I used to be beer lover but not much anymore due stomach issue that caused me to restrict consumption of alcohol, probably 1-2 beers per month or none at all. :(

Not me....I'm on the wagon

:gossip:

Hey happy faces.....I know where you live

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

That's what I thought.....as I was saying.....I am on the wagon till tomorrow

I didnt know what was the term for asian flush. I have witnessed a few ones of them but glad they are alright. LOL

I do not recall if jiro had moment of it before. :hmm:

I like beer,
It makes me a jolly good fellow!

I like Beer!

It helps me unwind, and sometimes it makes me feel mellow!

-charles

Back