Antivirus Software for Macs

To be frank, you don't really need an anti-virus software. All they do is slow down your computer. That's what all anti-virus softwares on both PC and Mac do, slow down their computers.

The Mac platform has far, far less viruses in comparison to the PC platform. So the odds of getting infected with a virus is pretty slim to none.

I'm with Banjo on that one. I have never used these for my mac. :)

There is no NEED antivirus for MAC cause it has open source..it is almost same goes to linux too.. so it has very complex coding. MAC FTW :D

Yes only on the partition where Windows is installed. If you get bad viruses renders Windows unrenderable, you can simply just throw away or format that paritition without affecting the Mac OS X parition.

Thanks for that, Sequoias. I am wondering if doing this on my new Mac (soon) would help for those times my Mac gets a .exe document? Or any other formats my Mac can't read? Or is there another way out of this so I don't have to do the partitioning?

Thanks for that, Sequoias. I am wondering if doing this on my new Mac (soon) would help for those times my Mac gets a .exe document? Or any other formats my Mac can't read? Or is there another way out of this so I don't have to do the partitioning?

trying to read a exe document without an PC emulation software is useless. If you get any exe document, just simply throw it away in the trash. It is not hard to parition and put Windows on the other part of the same hard drive. Boot Camp does all the job.

trying to read a exe document without an PC emulation software is useless. If you get any exe document, just simply throw it away in the trash. It is not hard to parition and put Windows on the other part of the same hard drive. Boot Camp does all the job.

Bootcamp does this partitioning to allow insertion of a Windows emulator such as Parallels Desktop? Sorry, I'm confused but wouldn't Parallels be able to do that? Will my now iMac (will order soon) come with Bootcamp? Supposedly, right now Mac Mall is offering Parallels free at the time of my iMac purchase. Thanks for your patience.

Bootcamp does this partitioning to allow insertion of a Windows emulator such as Parallels Desktop? Sorry, I'm confused but wouldn't Parallels be able to do that? Will my now iMac (will order soon) come with Bootcamp? Supposedly, right now Mac Mall is offering Parallels free at the time of my iMac purchase. Thanks for your patience.

Boot Camp comes with every new Mac pre-installed. Parallels is just for using Windows while in Mac at the same time, you can use the paritition from Boot Camp to run Parallels or VM Fusionware or similar. Boot Camp is great for gaming or more complex stuff.

I had gotten new Macbook Pro from B&H in NYC and free Parallels Desktop. But I not yet to download it. I won't buy Windows 7 full version software.

Boot Camp comes with every new Mac pre-installed. Parallels is just for using Windows while in Mac at the same time, you can use the paritition from Boot Camp to run Parallels or VM Fusionware or similar. Boot Camp is great for gaming or more complex stuff.

Agreed. Depend what user using. I use VM for business and relay video.

Try use MAC OSX go to same website that hijacked Windows. You might see pop up download window and just go ahead and download it then run it. It would not run it. I did that on Ubuntu system. MAC and Linux can't read M$ virus code funny isn't it!!

:rofl2:

Catty

I had gotten new Macbook Pro from B&H in NYC and free Parallels Desktop. But I not yet to download it. I won't buy Windows 7 full version software.

Why would you download Win 7 when you have Parallels Desktop. You can't download Win 7 to a Mac, anyway.

So, are you going to use the Parallels Desktop?

Why would you download Win 7 when you have Parallels Desktop. You can't download Win 7 to a Mac, anyway.

So, are you going to use the Parallels Desktop?

Windows 7 can be download from Mac and make iso to burn via toast or something like that.

Parallels Desktop and Fusion are sold so separately and Windows OS isn't included.

Yup, agreed and I use bootcamp over virtual desktop because virtual desktop is bad for games.

Yup, agreed and I use bootcamp over virtual desktop because virtual desktop is bad for games.

I second that!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

I ever wonder will Quad Core system make any difference in gaming performance on VM?

Catty

Back