*another* polar vortex??? :(

winter-go-away.jpg

Good thing I went food shopping weeks ago, and stocked up well. Should be in good shape until the end of the month.

Look at brighter side, this week and next week will be likely to be the last week of frigid weather. Wait til March, it is gonna be crazy weather waiting for us to deal with.

Bet we will likely be witness above average tornado activity this coming spring.

I read that this summer might not get very warm for alot of areas affected by the Great Lakes because they're so thoroughly frozen. It's going to take them a long time to melt, and they'll keep cooling the air until they do.

Look at brighter side, this week and next week will be likely to be the last week of frigid weather. Wait til March, it is gonna be crazy weather waiting for us to deal with.

Bet we will likely be witness above average tornado activity this coming spring.

Tornadoes, you say? Well, in that section, IL is off to a good start, as we recently had a bunch of them hit here last week.

I read that this summer might not get very warm for alot of areas affected by the Great Lakes because they're so thoroughly frozen. It's going to take them a long time to melt, and they'll keep cooling the air until they do.

That's what worries me-- the Coast Guard says they may be breaking ice until May or June, and if that's the case, we won't see warmer weather until July, at least.

I don't think it means we'll continue to have winter and never get spring and summer. I think it just means it will be colder than usual. I'm seeing the phrase "relatively cooler" - here's one link, but so far I can't find the one I was looking for Potential Record Ice on Lake Superior May Mean a Cool Spring

Anyway, I'm not too upset about that part. In the past few years, the hottest days of summer have been unbearable here. If it's warm enough that I can still grow everything I like to grow in my garden (all food:) ) then I'm fine with it.

I don't think it means we'll continue to have winter and never get spring and summer. I think it just means it will be colder than usual. I'm seeing the phrase "relatively cooler" - here's one link, but so far I can't find the one I was looking for Potential Record Ice on Lake Superior May Mean a Cool Spring

Anyway, I'm not too upset about that part. In the past few years, the hottest days of summer have been unbearable here. If it's warm enough that I can still grow everything I like to grow in my garden (all food:) ) then I'm fine with it.

I'm sure you're okay with it, but I :dunno: how Chicagoans will feel about having a frozen lake until late spring-- they love to swim and fish around here. Me? I'm not too worried about it, either, but not sure what my housemates might say about cooler weather.

I'm sure you're okay with it, but I :dunno: how Chicagoans will feel about having a frozen lake until late spring-- they love to swim and fish around here. Me? I'm not too worried about it, either, but not sure what my housemates might say about cooler weather.

Maybe they can get themselves some ice skates.

That's what worries me-- the Coast Guard says they may be breaking ice until May or June, and if that's the case, we won't see warmer weather until July, at least.

until July? :eek3:

In here, the warm weather usually start in between March and April.

Hmm. That gives me an idea. I just might use that suggestion for a certain housemate that I'd like to see give THAT a try.

Yeah, and who knows, maybe once the thaw starts, he'll fall into a hole;)

until July? :eek3:

In here, the warm weather usually start in between March and April.

That reminds of of an incident at a local swimming pool a while back, while still in school. It was a beautiful day, high 70's, perfect swimming weather, and we spent about 30-45 minutes there before we noticed the water becoming colder and colder, and we realized that the temps were rapidly dropping-- it got as low as 55 degrees before the lifeguards had everybody get out, and this happened in June, mind you-- I had never seen that happen before, and I haven't seen it since.

Yeah, and who knows, maybe once the thaw starts, he'll fall into a hole;)

Yeah, and get in a whole lotta trouble cause he can't swim in deep water. Better yet, I'll have him go to the shallow side of the lake, so if he falls in, he can easily get out, cause I ain't jumping in a frozen lake and getting my own hide frozen.

Yeah, and get in a whole lotta trouble cause he can't swim in deep water. Better yet, I'll have him go to the shallow side of the lake, so if he falls in, he can easily get out, cause I ain't jumping in a frozen lake and getting my own hide frozen.

Haha you're nicer than I am. I was envisioning a, um, different scenario.

Back