Another one of those drug test, before you get benifits thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dunno2: I never said anything about prosecuting someone before a crime was committed. ????

To be more clear in my original statement, you stated, "So, I ask you does a person doing drugs in his free time still not matter?". And, my answer was that just because they have done the drugs does not mean those crimes will be committed.

As to the topic of the post, just because someone does drugs does not mean they are bilking the system. It only means they have a drug addiction. If they bilk the system, they should be prosecuted for that crime.

No, I live in the 3rd largest city in Missouri (170,000) but all around us are rural areas. It is happening in the cities now as much or more than in the country.

Meth is generally more a of rural problem. Other drugs are not as available in rural areas. Meth was originally manufactured as a substitute for more expensive and harder to obtain cocaine. Just like oxycontin (often called "hillbilly heroin") is used as a substitute for heroin in the rural areas. Although heroin is becoming much more prevalent in outlying areas. Actually, opiate addiction is a far more wide spread problem than meth.

You are preaching to the choir. I couldn't agree more: our priorities as a society are seriously skewed.

Does your state have H-Cap? That would be a possibility for her.

I checked and there is one in Kansas City. Thanks. Maybe she will move there. We'll see.

To be more clear in my original statement, you stated, "So, I ask you does a person doing drugs in his free time still not matter?". And, my answer was that just because they have done the drugs does not mean those crimes will be committed.

As to the topic of the post, just because someone does drugs does not mean they are bilking the system. It only means they have a drug addiction. If they bilk the system, they should be prosecuted for that crime.

And chances are very good that it is necessary for them to receive assistance because the justice system has greatly reduced their ability to support themselves without assistance.

I checked and there is one in Kansas City. Thanks. Maybe she will move there. We'll see.

Cool. I hope that something can be done. It is inhuman to allow her to suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back