Annoying ignorant hearing people stories

E.S just deleted all of the profiles pictures and changed privacy setting to friends only instead of friends of friends.

E.S. is deafskeptic's alter ego on FB. That's all I'm sayin'!

Had a police officer actually ask me today why I was driving and what gave me the right to drive. I was a witness to an accident involving an SUV not paying attention and running up onto a sidewalk and hitting a mother and child in stroller. The driver of the SUV was texting while driving. Since I was side by side with her on her left, I could see what she was doing. Mother and child were fine and did not get transported anywhere. SUV driver was ticketed and fined. I was chewed out for daring to drive a vehicle. I used my cell, texted a neighbor (Sheriff's Officer) who came right out and educated this officer about the rights of a d/Deaf driver.

Had a police officer actually ask me today why I was driving and what gave me the right to drive. I was a witness to an accident involving an SUV not paying attention and running up onto a sidewalk and hitting a mother and child in stroller. The driver of the SUV was texting while driving. Since I was side by side with her on her left, I could see what she was doing. Mother and child were fine and did not get transported anywhere. SUV driver was ticketed and fined. I was chewed out for daring to drive a vehicle. I used my cell, texted a neighbor (Sheriff's Officer) who came right out and educated this officer about the rights of a d/Deaf driver.

Wow, the ignorance is unbelievable! Stay strong Kristina!

Unbelievable that the officer chewed you out for driving, just because you are deaf. Did you show him your DL? I can't believe stupidity of some people.

What an ignorant ass! We all should ge ttogether and drive in circles around this officer! lol

Had a police officer actually ask me today why I was driving and what gave me the right to drive.

(Not that I could possibly know), but it sounds like the person who caused the crash was dealt with much more kindly then the witness!

(Not that I could possibly know), but it sounds like the person who caused the crash was dealt with much more kindly then the witness!

Well - she did get an automatic $1000 fine for texting while driving on top of the other charges she will get for the accident. They really chewed her out as well and she started fighting. She calmed down when they threatened to arrest her. Seems this officer was relatively new and was not sure of the laws totally.

My son ask me the other day, "Mum, can deaf people drive?" :shock:

Uh, son, here's your sign. :giggle:

So, apparently mine are !!! :giggle:

No wonder why I thought I looked funny.

:laugh2:

Only if their ears are long enough to reach the steering wheel!

:giggle: I give him a look like, "WTF do you think I'm doing right now?"

I wonder if he think to self that maybe Mum driving against the law. Probably sit up late at night freaking out that his Mum criminal. :laugh2:

Reminds of time that take him for dinner not long ago. Have taught some ASL and one of sign teach him is "Yes." He ask me, all serious, "So, when Deaf people have sex do they sign yes throughout?" :giggle::roll:

:giggle: I give him a look like, "WTF do you think I'm doing right now?"

I wonder if he think to self that maybe Mum driving against the law. Probably sit up late at night freaking out that his Mum criminal. :laugh2:

Reminds of time that take him for dinner not long ago. Have taught some ASL and one of sign teach him is "Yes." He ask me, all serious, "So, when Deaf people have sex do they sign yes throughout?" :giggle::roll:

Are you sure he's not just teasing you? Some teenagers like to push buttons.

Boys have so little understanding. Dallas ask me once age about 14 if girls "get off" from use tampon. He dead serious.

No, he definitely serious when ask. Make me just roll eyes at him. :roll:

Well, good thing he has you for his mom then. One way or another, he'll learn. I just hope it doesn't involve you getting permanent rolled over eyes. :)

Boys have so little understanding. Dallas ask me once age about 14 if girls "get off" from use tampon. He dead serious.

Back