Animal Forum Poll Please Vote. Thank you.

Want an Animal Forum?

• Yes

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheri, if you want an animal forum to talk about your exes and nasty neighbors-- I'm all for it. :twisted: Many people do talk about their pets in here and the wildlife is popular (just ask CyberRed!).

Good idea. What do you think about if you volunteer to moderate the animal forum so it'll make it easier for other mods and alex? Looks like you'd be just comforable doing that, right?

Defee said:
You can go ahead and have an animal forum but i wont be discussing my type of dog which is pitbull that a lot of people are afraid or hate them.
i will discuss other kinds of animals so i would vote yes..

Ignore these people, Defee, and go :greddy: -- they're just scared, that's all.

It doesn't bother me when people talk about pit bulls. I know people gotta have their own interests and love, and I respect that! I hadn't even thought about having ratties as pets to train before my friend talked about hers.

I. Will. Talk. About. Ferrets. Even. If. People. Don't. Like. Them. :bye: :twisted:

Defee said:
You can go ahead and have an animal forum but i wont be discussing my type of dog which is pitbull that a lot of people are afraid or hate them.
i will discuss other kinds of animals so i would vote yes..

We may wrestle in the mud due to heater debate about pitbull. ;)

Liza said:

It doesn't bother me when people talk about pit bulls. I know people gotta have their own interests and love, and I respect that! I hadn't even thought about having ratties as pets to train before my friend talked about hers.

I. Will. Talk. About. Ferrets. Even. If. People. Don't. Like. Them. :bye: :twisted:
Yep, u are right!..to each his/her own! everybody has a type of pet they love and i happen to love pitbulls just like you happen to love ratties and ferrets..
It would be nice if we could talk about our pets without somebody saying something negative! If i dont like that particular type of animal, i wont say anything negative because it is none of my business and i do have respect for them cuz at least some people love them, thats what matters! All kinds of animals deserve love too!! Thanks for understanding, Liza!

Defee said:
Yep, u are right!..to each his/her own! everybody has a type of pet they love and i happen to love pitbulls just like you happen to love ratties and ferrets..
It would be nice if we could talk about our pets without somebody saying something negative! If i dont like that particular type of animal, i wont say anything negative because it is none of my business and i do have respect for them cuz at least some people love them, thats what matters! All kinds of animals deserve love too!! Thanks for understanding, Liza!

I don't know if I'd keep ratties as pets, but they seem cute enough. I definitely wouldn't take in those Wash DC rats digging through dumpsters though!
:nana:

Ferrets are my first love, though-- and cats come in second. :twisted: Take care, girl, allright? I'd hug your pitbull dog without any hesitation if you say it's OK. Owners know their pets best methinks!

Liza said:
I don't know if I'd keep ratties as pets, but they seem cute enough. I definitely wouldn't take in those Wash DC rats digging through dumpsters though!
:nana:

Ferrets are my first love, though-- and cats come in second. :twisted: Take care, girl, allright? I'd hug your pitbull dog without any hesitation if you say it's OK. Owners know their pets best methinks!
LOL! u funny! i wouldnt want them nasty diseased filled vermins in Wash. DC either, just the clean ones, thank you! lol!
My dog will let you hug him once he knows that you are friend of ours..otherwise we wont let you!
Take care of yourself too! Hows life in Norway?

Cheri said:
Not a lot of people hate pitbulls dogs, Defee, Let me tell u something here in Fort Wayne Indiana where I went to the Cookoff the people that runs the cook off had a pitbull puppy and it was so cute I asked her does she or he bite? She said no I pet that dog for the first time and I don't think all Pitbulls are bad dogs after all. :)

I agree...I've seen my share of pitbull dogs around the neighbourhood and they all have been very friendly and approachable.
One of them followed me home from the bus stop by the main roads near home -- she had only 3 legs! :shock: But she was sooooooooo sweet and kept on trying to trip me over and get me to pet her more and more, ha.

PurpleRose71 said:
I agree...I've seen my share of pitbull dogs around the neighbourhood and they all have been very friendly and approachable.
One of them followed me home from the bus stop by the main roads near home -- she had only 3 legs! :shock: But she was sooooooooo sweet and kept on trying to trip me over and get me to pet her more and more, ha.
Aww she is a friendly one and she apparently likes you and she did that to get your attention! my dog does the same thing..he will jump in front of us just to get our attention..haha.

I just heard a story in the News about a boy who was attacked by a pitbull. He provoked it. I don't know anymore, but anyway...I wouldn't care if people talked about pitbull.

I voted, "yes." You know...it might be best to call it Animal Rights to cover a wider range of discussions?

I saw a gray kitten the other day at the Pet Store. It was soooo adorable, but it was already sold. I would have bought the kitten if I could. I can see why they bought her already because the kitten kept wanting to be touched, and it would reach out its paw as if saying, "Come back and pet me, please!"

It's easy to get attached to them! They say not to buy pets from the store, but I mean....the kitten was too cute to be left there! Poor thing!

Last edited:
I believe there are enough pets/animals related threads posted by our members, and noticed that the majority of members were up for a forum just for pets/animals.

Fellow ADers, please look for the Pets & Animals forum under the "Other Forums" section of AllDeaf. Or click here: http://www.alldeaf.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Thanks to those that were kind enough to share their ideas and suggestions to improve AllDeaf. :)

Liza said:

:lol: And I'll be probably prattle on and on about all my cats I've had in my life. ;)

Pitbulls arent bad dog, it is the owner's responsible for the dog's behavior for being agressive and attack people for stupid reasons.

Mod Note:

Forum has been created. There's no need for any more voting. If you want to discuss something else, create a new thread. Thanks.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back