An insight into this sight

Mrs Bucket

Reaction score
This picture - cute eh? My sweet girl Hannah with her crazy albeit sweet Mummy this AM. (hence the bedhead hair!)

Photoon2010-01-17at0734-2.jpg

This was what I saw before...

Photoon2010-01-17at0734-1.jpg

This is what I see now...

Photoon2010-01-17at0734.jpg

Oh yes, this is just my one good eye - the left eye. You can see how the right eye doesn't respond like the left does. The right only sees thick white blurriness.

Blindness isn't complete blackness; just sharing insight into my sight.

Thank you for sharing this knowledges of your sight. It helps me to know where I can talk directly to you when i meet you in person. sometimes i don't ask them about it.

oh wow! I've always wondered what you see. I thought you only need to see it closely

I understand that there are few spots or someone called it "few islands" in their signts.

That was how my hubby's ex fiancee's sight was. She described to us very well so I was able to envision it correctly.

What a good way to educate people about blindness. Thank you, Mrs. Bucket.

I had a rare insight into blindness [for a person with normal vision] once.
About 20 years ago I had an injury to my eyes. The hospital treated my injury and then had to bandage my eyes for a week. That was 1 week without sight. When the bandage came off all I could see was a white mist.
I was told to expect this so it was not to much of a shock. It took 3 or 4 weeks for my vision to slowly return to normal and for things to come into focus. Won't ever forget that. I have great admiration for blind people because it ain't easy.

Oh yes, this is just my one good eye - the left eye. You can see how the right eye doesn't respond like the left does. The right only sees thick white blurriness.

Blindness isn't complete blackness; just sharing insight into my sight.

:gpost:

A lot of people seem to think blindness is seeing black all the time.

Dispelling one myth at a time! :yesway:

Wonderful explanation. Thank you for the insight.

I used my Mac and this was much easier to do for me.

:hug: everyone. FF is right about floaters as I do have those and I really dislike the floaters because I'll blink my eyes a lot thinking it's dust or dirt in my eyes but nope, it's floaters.

It can be tough on a rough day but I have to remind myself not to get overwhelmed.

Thank you for sharing.

I knew a man who was legally blind who drove himself back and forth to work. It was a straight road, just a couple of miles.

My wife's sight is deteriorating. Don't know what will happen in the future. But right now she sees ok with glasses.

Thank you for sharing.

I knew a man who was legally blind who drove himself back and forth to work. It was a straight road, just a couple of miles.

:shock:

How blind was he? ("Legally blind" includes a huge range of residual vision, from 200/20 to nada.)

:shock:

How blind was he? ("Legally blind" includes a huge range of residual vision, from 200/20 to nada.)

He was blind enough that he could not legally drive, but it was a small farming community (he worked the same farm as I) so the police never seemed to notice him. His job was irrigation and he had done it for years so he did not need great sight, just enough not to fall in a hole.

When he drove he always stayed on his own side of the road.

My grandmother was was "legally" blind after her cataract surgery. In her left eye, she went total blind (blackness), in her right eye, she had what she called a "slit" of vision that was a vertical line in the center of her field with whiteness all around.

I am slowly losing my sight and I have "floaters" now.

I have Ocular Histoplasmosis Syndrome. It causes punched out lesions in the retina and overgrowth of blood vessels and bleeding. When it bleeds it can get treatment with lasers. That takes away more vision.

I have much scarring on my retinas, which makes what vision there is waver. As for floaters, I don't usually jump and try to grab the spiders that I used to think were jumping in front of me.

Eye disorders suck generally. As mine progresses, I have more trouble doing things and it makes me hostile.

Working on that part still :)

He was blind enough that he could not legally drive, but it was a small farming community (he worked the same farm as I) so the police never seemed to notice him. His job was irrigation and he had done it for years so he did not need great sight, just enough not to fall in a hole.

When he drove he always stayed on his own side of the road.

Well obviously, cause legally blind means you're not allowed to legally drive. But some "legally blind" people can read 14pt font with their naked eye and other "legally blind" people can only see night from day.

Well obviously, cause legally blind means you're not allowed to legally drive. But some "legally blind" people can read 14pt font with their naked eye and other "legally blind" people can only see night from day.

quite a lot of states give restricted licenses to the legally blind. Not totally, legally.

Back