an artificial voice

:laugh2: at this entire thread. Sounds like the OP is looking to make some $$$. Heck, with this economy i can't blame him.

but perhaps if he could come up with something a little less...oh what's the word...

WHACK-A-DOODLE?? :slap:

:laugh2: at this entire thread. Sounds like the OP is looking to make some $$$. Heck, with this economy i can't blame him.

but perhaps if he could come up with something a little less...oh what's the word...

Yes. I heard this a long time ago so it may no longer be true -- but what I heard was that almost everyone who lives in the Middle East believes that every single American with, oh, maybe one or two exceptions, is extremely wealthy. :laugh2:

I suspect that is probably why he is focusing on ASL instead of LSL.

Yes. I heard this a long time ago so it may no longer be true -- but what I heard was that almost everyone who lives in the Middle East believes that every single American with, oh, maybe one or two exceptions, is extremely wealthy. :laugh2:

It's important to research and know your market. LoL.

Right. Most Americans (well, myself anyway) are kinda sorta broke. :ugh:

If I could just... say this... um...

First of all, for the first idea, wouldn't it be better to just create a smartphone/iPhone app which has buttons with common phrases for the aforementioned situation? Obviously I think it's easy/fast enough to communicate through writing 9___9'' But if you really want the option of "speaking" to hearing people who don't know sign, then create a stinking app like that v___v''

And second of all, for the tool to help people learn ASL... I think it would be better described as a tool to help people REVIEW ASL. Like once they've already learned some signs they can practice and see if they're getting the message across that they intended... but for that, with the 5 parameters (as Jazzberry noted) being so complex, simply monitoring hand movements would not work. What would be better is if it was some sort of video tool which recorded data on ALL 5 parameters, watching for facial expression, eyebrows, head tilt and other body language etc. So as to differentiate between similar signs like "innocent" and "naive." But as technology is right now, that would be difficult to accomplish, as you'd need a pretty high-quality camera and some pretty nifty software. Long story short? Too flipping much of a cost and a hassle. Just go see a dang tutor or video chat online if you want to make sure you're signing right.

Sorry if that sounded harsh, but I'm just sayin'.

my friend i don't have any product to sell here , i only in prototype phase and need your help to ensure that the concept is good or need adjustments

If I could just... say this... um...

First of all, for the first idea, wouldn't it be better to just create a smartphone/iPhone app which has buttons with common phrases for the aforementioned situation? Obviously I think it's easy/fast enough to communicate through writing 9___9'' But if you really want the option of "speaking" to hearing people who don't know sign, then create a stinking app like that v___v''

And second of all, for the tool to help people learn ASL... I think it would be better described as a tool to help people REVIEW ASL. Like once they've already learned some signs they can practice and see if they're getting the message across that they intended... but for that, with the 5 parameters (as Jazzberry noted) being so complex, simply monitoring hand movements would not work. What would be better is if it was some sort of video tool which recorded data on ALL 5 parameters, watching for facial expression, eyebrows, head tilt and other body language etc. So as to differentiate between similar signs like "innocent" and "naive." But as technology is right now, that would be difficult to accomplish, as you'd need a pretty high-quality camera and some pretty nifty software. Long story short? Too flipping much of a cost and a hassle. Just go see a dang tutor or video chat online if you want to make sure you're signing right.

Sorry if that sounded harsh, but I'm just sayin'.

my friend that's what i need from my posting here is to share the experience
i really appreciate all info you sent , i try to get all notes into consideration .
- maybe not smartphone and iPhone users will use the device that i try to do
- i think the prototype will be around 30$ (i don't advertise here just to focus on my point of view)
- i will try to make the device more technological (connected to pc as keyboard or mouse , connected to pc as sign review)

tanks for you
Marwan

now you can order pizza or call 911
this device will able to connect to landline phone
and you can call pizza hut or emergency call by siging the phone number and the device (most connected to landline cable) will dialing that number, then the device will automatically generate a sound as information for the receiver that the caller is a deaf person and asking the receiver to press on # from his side as aknoledgemenmt that he is ready to receive your order , now you are ready to signing what the order you need and the device will convert your sings to voice throught landline , after you finish, the device ask the receiver to press * for finish the call and as confirmation that he get the order in right way , or press # for replay the order voice again in this case the device will replay the voice you sign automatocally again .
so by this way the deaf peapole will able to order or use the landline an ineteractive and usefull way
waiting your suggestions
Marwan Naboulsi:shock:

Back