America Without Post Office? Postal Office

You're confusing two separate events.

President Nixon sent the Army to the post offices during the strike of 1970. The postal workers weren't fired.

President Reagan fired striking air traffic controllers in 1981. Some of them were replaced by military personnel.

well i wasnt even born then lol but bottom line your still gonna get your mail just not from the post office

also if the post office defaults then the army delivers the mail hell it happened before with regan the post office peeps went on strike so reagan fired em all and had the army do it

:rofl: you're on wrong history.. Nixon didn't fire all PO employees. Military tried to run PO and they got lost and don't know how to run such complicated system. Eventually they gave in and admit that they can't do it. Nixon got sucked and had to solve problem with employees and have them return to their duty with new Union Contract. Nixon sucked big :rofl:

Catty

I actually don't give a shit about saving trees since there are so plenty of them and more trees are growing everywhere. GO GREEN = full of shit

You have no idea what you're taking about! California had a huge mudslide not long ago because trees where cuts down and nothing was planted to replace the trees that where keeping the soil from washing away and burying people home!! The trees that are being cut are some animals home and food supply.
Some people just cut down trees for a wind farm in a town next to mine. It turned out the wrong trees where cut down and the developer gave the town some land back that had trees to replace the one that never should had be cut in the first place! The town did not want to wait 50 years or more to have full
grown trees! Some people take pride preserving in nature and making sure wildlife have a place to call home.

I think it could be costly sending out wedding invitations using a freight company. The PO want to stop delivering mail in Saturdays and closes PO that are in small towns to save money. I live in a small city , I would hate to see our PO shut down.

If that so, then it will slow decrease for small town into ghost town and nobody give crap about that place. History has told on what happen to northwest of IL state when they build highway and dodge the several good cities and disappear pretty big time.

You have no idea what you're taking about! California had a huge mudslide not long ago because trees where cuts down and nothing was planted to replace the trees that where keeping the soil from washing away and burying people home!! The trees that are being cut are some animals home and food supply.
Some people just cut down trees for a wind farm in a town next to mine. It turned out the wrong trees where cut down and the developer gave the town some land back that had trees to replace the one that never should had be cut in the first place! The town did not want to wait 50 years or more to have full
grown trees! Some people take pride preserving in nature and making sure wildlife have a place to call home.
The trees used for paper products are grown on tree farms, just like crops. Also, many card makers now used recycled products.

We had to search for our mail. When we asked him about that, he got angry and said, "If I had to deliver the mail to the right addresses it would take me all day!"

Oh, wow :eek3: That just made me laugh. :laugh2:

Dig deeper. Pre-fund mandate is what Congress require PO to pay. Congresss made mistake passing law which was flawed that calculate prefund excessive. So that money went to CSRS Retirement and Healthcare for Retired will have to refund PO $$$. It's like if you overpaid money at store. You found out you overpaid it, you return to store and ask to refund you an overpayment. Same idea what PO is doing to Congress to get $$$ back.

There's no conflict of interest here tho....

Which is why Unions are encouraging Representative everywhere in States to refund Overpayment. So did PMG agree the same term with Union. This would have save PO from failure BIG time.

I have heard about it but I didn't understand it completely until you explained it.

Since USPS is an independent agency under the federal government, it makes money from marketing (services/products), not a cent from taxpayers.

So I wonder why Congress passed the law that requires USPS to pre-fund its retirement/health care system (under CSRS only? What about FERS?). Are you saying that Congress doesn't allow USPS to touch it that was overpaid? Congress controls the fund, even though it's for postal retirees, right?

I remember PMG in video said that he wants to set up its own retirement/health care system for USPS employees and I always thought we had our own system but now I understand why he talked about it.

I have heard about it but I didn't understand it completely until you explained it.

Since USPS is an independent agency under the federal government, it makes money from marketing (services/products), not a cent from taxpayers.

So I wonder why Congress passed the law that requires USPS to pre-fund its retirement/health care system for future retirees (under CSRS only? What about FERS?). Are you saying that Congress doesn't allow USPS to touch it that was overpaid? Congress controls the fund, right?

I remember PMG in video said that he wants to set up its own retirement/health care system for USPS employees and I always thought we had our own system but now I understand why he talked about it.

why? simple. Union.

The trees used for paper products are grown on tree farms, just like crops. Also, many card makers now used recycled products.

they shoud be growing hemp its 25 x faster to grow than Pine

they shoud be growing hemp its 25 x faster to grow than Pine

Yep, having a large hemp industry in just a few states could pretty much solve all paper product needs in the entire world. Would also provide jobs and investment capital to hurting rural areas.

We had to search for our mail. When we asked him about that, he got angry and said, "If I had to deliver the mail to the right addresses it would take me all day!" :shock:
:lol: Is he for real? Oh boy. :shock: :laugh2:

facepalm2.jpg

I know what you mean. My mom always gave small Christmas presents to our mailman. We give presents and tips (unofficially now since the PO frowns upon it) to our mailman (I mean postal carrier).

We had trouble with only one postal carrier, and we had to report him to the Post Master. Either he got fired or transferred because we didn't see him again. He used to misdeliver our mail all the time. We had to search for our mail. When we asked him about that, he got angry and said, "If I had to deliver the mail to the right addresses it would take me all day!" :shock: He behaved in a weird, threatening manner.

The rest have been fine. :)

I never heard of a mail carriers giving presents to people, I know some give cookies to dogs. Marty get some from our mail carrier .

I just want to add a few points.

Yes, that's true that today instead of mailing, alot of people send e-cards (for birthdays, holidays, romance, etc) and make electronic payments. That's one reason the mail volume is declined. However many people still subscribe to magazines that we deliver to their homes weekly, bi-weekly and monthly. With my own eyes, I still see them in many many bundles on pallets daily on the workfloor. Businesses and residents still receive catalogs, advertisements, large and small parcels by mail through USPS. Prisoners still write love letters to their wives or girlfriends. So what I am saying is that USPS will not be out of business for another 20 years or so as long as they make changes for the better. That's what PMG is doing now to make improvements for USPS.

I also believe that one of the reasons USPS is in deficit is that they spent billions of dollars on automated machines for high speed and to reduce labor force. In my plant, there are about at least 60 of them one million dol each. They plan to get rid of some of those machines because of low mail volume so clerks/carriers will be transferred into the plant from some stations which will be permanently closed in the near future. They will sell or lease those places. Even they wasted billions of dollars on equipments that detect anthrax after 9/11. They are no longer used. What a waste of money.

One plant near Santa Monica, CA was closed and sold for $76 millions to Steven Speilberg, one of the famous movie producers, however he changed his mind later and sold it to a real estate business for $44 mil.

One more thing, mail carriers are not allowed to accept gifts from customers. If any one of them is caught by a postal inspector, he/she could be fired because of violation on ethnic codes.

what many people fail to realize is that there are many, many bosses that dont do actual work and fewer laborers. There are many workers at usps that are over 65 yrs old and refuse to retire because the salary is too good to pass up esp. in this economy.

True true, too many people in management and alot of old employees work more than 40 years but the management can't do anything because of ageism. I was told by my deaf co-worker that one 70 years old woman who lives alone refuses to retire at all, meaning she continues to work until she dies. Oh, well, that's her choice. BTW, it takes one minute to walk from the building exit to the parking lot but it takes her 5 minutes or longer.

...One more thing, mail carriers are not allowed to accept gifts from customers. If any one of them is caught by a postal inspector, he/she could be fired because of violation on ethnic codes.
We asked our local post master about that. He said that's official rule but if it's small gifts or tips, especially at Christmas time, then it's no problem.

We asked our local post master about that. He said that's official rule but if it's small gifts or tips, especially at Christmas time, then it's no problem.

yep. same here. we leave Christmas Card w/ gift (either gift certificate or tips) inside in mailbox.

We had a stand-up talk about ethnic codes again in few past months. It hasn't been changed and some new rules were added. I can't remember what because there are so many rules.

Anyway a postal inpector can't be at different places at the same time so the carriers can easily get away with it.

Back