America Without Post Office? Postal Office

Oh 22 years, that means you are under FERS, not CSRS.

CSRS is for those who started working before late 1984. FERS is for those who started working after late 1984.

That also means that you pay SS taxes like me (27 yrs) and you are eligible for SSDI. You will be required to get a medical document from your dr to prove that you can't work any longer because of your disability.

Edited: I didn't see your new comment above, sorry.

:rofl: no biggie!! Happens to anyone else who missed my comments above :roll:

Yup. Ez for me to prove it like all of you can do it.

Catty

I think it's such a phoney controversy.

It's a normal routine for USPS to make requests to the government to make changes.

You will STILL have USPS, just that it will have to change its structure to make it run.

That's right. Nevertheless, I think the union will be pissed off if Congress allows USPS to lay off more than 200,000 workers by 2015 since PMG made a request to have no lay-off clause eliminated from the contract.

One of other mail carrier had dog cookies in her postal truck then PO inspectors saw this and wrote her up for this. She stopped carry this. Sometime people will bring peaches to PO for us to eat, and other foods once in a while. They are farmers, strange no peaches this year because freeze kill most of their orchards so no peaches and cherries. Bummer.

Wow. That's 1 of million chance that PI would catch that. Betcha she "won a lottery". (dog cookies are harmless and some of my co workers still carry dog cookies to spoil dogs to be nice to mail carriers. I did the same thing on one route back then).

Catty

That's right. Nevertheless, I think the union will be pissed off if Congress allows USPS to lay off more than 200,000 workers by 2015 since PMG made a request to have no lay-off clause eliminated from the contract.

2015 :hmm: kinda long way off for me.. IF they decide to lay off 200k workers, I would be happy to take early outs!! :rofl: IT would be a GOOD timing cuz on 2014, all employess would keep 100% sick leave they accrues to cash in when they quit or retired $$$'s Yuppeee!!

Catty

2015 :hmm: kinda long way off for me.. IF they decide to lay off 200k workers, I would be happy to take early outs!! :rofl: IT would be a GOOD timing cuz on 2014, all employess would keep 100% sick leave they accrues to cash in when they quit or retired $$$'s Yuppeee!!

Catty

By 2015 means before 2015. If you know that, sorry and please ignore this message.

"The U.S. Postal Service lost money in six out of the 10 years from 2001 through 2010, according to its financial reports. By the end of the decade the semi-independent government agency's losses had reached a record $8.5 billion, forcing the Postal Service to consider seeking an increase in its $15 billion debt ceiling or face insolvency."

Postal Service - Losses By Year

Seriously, USPS should just lay off people and restructure its model. Email has replaced most of the mail nowadays. People pay bills online.

There are 500 processing centers in USA and 300 of them will be closed started next March 2012. 30,000 to 35,000 jobs will be gone. They will annouce it today.

Back