Amazon Prime shipping

Also, just today, this morning 2 UPS trucks and 1 FedEx truck just went by. I live in a tiny Town that is part of a major big city.

Apparently I must live in a black hole for shipping companies. It's not Amazon's fault.

I ordered something from Walmart online. The items are being shipped by FEDEX from Laurens, SC, which is 166 miles from my house. It's about a 2.5 hour drive.

It shipped Monday morning (yesterday), and is scheduled to arrive at my house Friday afternoon! Why does it take five full working days to travel 166 miles? I suspect they're sending it to Atlanta first, then sending it back to SC. It's ridiculous.

Apparently I must live in a black hole for shipping companies. It's not Amazon's fault.

I ordered something from Walmart online. The items are being shipped by FEDEX from Laurens, SC, which is 166 miles from my house. It's about a 2.5 hour drive.

It shipped Monday morning (yesterday), and is scheduled to arrive at my house Friday afternoon! Why does it take five full working days to travel 166 miles? I suspect they're sending it to Atlanta first, then sending it back to SC. It's ridiculous.
oh my...

I'm lucky to be on major deliver route at specific hours so I get my stuff very quickly. looks like you're on "off-route" or something.... :(

Yesterday, UPS delivered my Pier 1 order. It was on time, so that was good. Bad news is, it was totally shattered inside the box. :( So, I had to exchange it. The exchange went fine.

Crazy!

Some of the parcels are being sent to Post Office which means slower service. Both FedEx and UPS have contracts called "Surepost" for UPS or "Smartpost" for FedEx. When a customer opts for "Free Shipping" it's used for slower service which takes a while. I don't know if they misloaded your package to Atlanta area or what. I agree it is ridiculous, that's how the managements changes things all the time.

FedEx SmartPost® Shipping & Tracking for Low Weight Packages

Some of the parcels are being sent to Post Office which means slower service. Both FedEx and UPS have contracts called "Surepost" for UPS or "Smartpost" for FedEx. When a customer opts for "Free Shipping" it's used for slower service which takes a while. I don't know if they misloaded your package to Atlanta area or what. I agree it is ridiculous, that's how the managements changes things all the time.

FedEx SmartPost® Shipping & Tracking for Low Weight Packages
My FedEx shipment was not free shipping but I see what you mean.

I didn't expect it to arrive overnight but five days for 166 miles is crazy slow. They could have walked it here in that time.

My FedEx shipment was not free shipping but I see what you mean.

I didn't expect it to arrive overnight but five days for 166 miles is crazy slow. They could have walked it here in that time.

Ah ok, sounds like something happened in FedEx's end. Hope you get the package sooner than five days. :)

Ah ok, sounds like something happened in FedEx's end. Hope you get the package sooner than five days. :)
It's nothing urgent, so I'm OK. It just seems silly. :lol:

Well - this wasn't an Amazon purchase, but still am a little ticked.

I ordered from Barnes & Noble. Tracking says it will be UPS and I should get it today. Seems that it went to the main Post Office sorting here in my city, to be delivered by USPS and not UPS and no, I did not get it yet. It was received at the Post Office 3 days ago.

Back