Amazon Prime shipping

I have 6 months free prime for being a student. just 6 months, so if I want to keep prime after my 6 months is up, I have to pay up but I won't.

yup but at discounted price.

I use Prime Shipping as well, most of my items I ordered came within a day most of the time, sometimes in 2 days. There's a Amazon shipping warehouse in Nevada so it gets here pretty quick. They use different shipping company, UPS, FedEx, USPS, OnTrac whichever is cheaper for Amazon to send out.

Maybe you could contact customer service who is familiar with Prime service and inquire why it takes too long to have them send to you. Sometime it the shipping company's fault for misloads but that takes a day to correct it and get to you quicker. But a week late isn't an excuse from Amazon Prime when you used free 2 days shipping.

I use their regular shipping and have been very please for the most part. It comes USPS and my issue isn't with Amazon, it's with my carrier.

Update:

Shipment left San Diego by FEDEX last Wednesday.

Arrived Memphis, TN, Saturday.

Still in Memphis today, Monday.

Expected arrival in South Carolina is Wednesday.

That just seems slow to me.

I found out a little while ago that my latest order started out on FEDEX then was transferred to USPS for the final delivery.

Why/how does something like that happen?

Update:

Very slow. I just use free super saver shipping, and I usually get stuff much more quickly than that.

It's various sellers, not just one. Also, I follow the tracking, which I don't think the seller controls.

I notice sometimes FEDEX transfers shipment to USPS. Then it sits in the post office for a day or two before I get it delivered. :( I don't know why FEDEX can't deliver to the house. I see them (and UPS) drive by my house every day.

The best free delivery I get is from Staples. Only1-2 days.

no no. I mean that I think that seller used standard shipping instead of 2-days delivery. Have you tried contacting that person for explanation?

Why/how does something like that happen?
I don't know but I follow the tracking, and that's what happens. I had one item ship from China to Charleston in less time than it took to get from Charleston (next town over) to my house. It was FEDEX until Charleston, then it was USPS.

Update:

Memphis is probably backed up due to some weather problem or something.

Memphis is probably backed up due to some weather problem or something.
I just got a tracking update.

It just left Charlotte this morning, and arrived in a nearby town. It is now "out for delivery." Hooray!

Don't know who the carrier will be, so I'll keep a watch out for the delivery. :)

Very slow. I just use free super saver shipping, and I usually get stuff much more quickly than that.

with my Prime shippings, it's been UPS that delivers them for me. My only complaint is UPS always leaves my packages with the apartment office instead of leaving it at my door. Last week when I was expecting a video game package, I left a note on my door asking UPS to leave the package at my door and they did. Fed-Ex almost always leaves packages at my door. But yeah, have had no real issue with prime 2-day shipping.

Also, I don't know if UPS or Fed-Ex delivers on weekends (business day shipping?). No idea how that works.
Ups and Fedex will not deliver on Saturdays, unless you request it and pay for it.
And I agree with Bottesini, I use super saver shipping, and it works out good for me.

Finally got my last order yesterday. It's a good thing I was watching for it. The delivery man first went the house across the street (no one was home). He turned and saw me standing in front of my house, and brought the package to me. I told him, "You had me worried there for a minute!"

Ups and Fedex will not deliver on Saturdays, unless you request it and pay for it.
And I agree with Bottesini, I use super saver shipping, and it works out good for me.

Around here, we have UPS trucks come through the neighborhood almost every Saturday.

Around here, we have UPS trucks come through the neighborhood almost every Saturday.
I'm not sure about year-round but during the Christmas season I see them on Saturdays.

My biggest gripe is the UPS processing site is a mile from my house and I don't get my stuff (which leaves there around 8:00 am) till the end of the day. It really doesn't matter because I'm usually at work anyway. I guess they deliver to the furthest addresses first and work their way back to the processing site.

Reba
Did you ever find out why the holdup that made your package take so long to arrive?

I used to work in shipping. UPS will not deliver on Saturday unless the shipper requests it, and pays extra for it.
Unless UPS changed the policy?

I work for UPS... they do have Saturday delivery to most metro areas...only the express or 2 day packages to be delivered Saturdays. Rural areas or out of territory areas doesn't provide Saturdays will be deliver on Monday.

I have Amazon items that will be shipping here today via UPS. I don't normally do Saturdays but I had important things to do so I needed to get it today so I paid extra to get it deliver today. :)

I used to work in shipping. UPS will not deliver on Saturday unless the shipper requests it, and pays extra for it.
Unless UPS changed the policy?

Back