all of you, i have a question about your experience

matajan

Reaction score
Have you experienced in misunderstanding of communication when you socialized with hearing students and faculty without signing at ivy league, uc, stanford, mit, or any universities?

Does it make you feel frustated and disappointed when hearing people do not understand you?

What could happen to you if any of your partner can cause you misunderstand?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you experienced in misunderstanding of communication when you socialized with hearing students and faculty without signing at ivy league, uc, stanford, mit, or any universities?

I think I remember any of these cases applies to misunderstanding of communication when I socializied with hearing students and faculty without signing. Often, misunderstand communication is negative to the community where I feel I was in the wrong place. One time, I was outside of dorm at Cornell University, I was drunk myself walk on near parking lot and few hearing students think I am strangely behavior, police apporach to me if I was crazy but I am really drunk. In fact, hearing students think i want to drink lots of beer but not, I want to drink root beer from friend who had one in kitchen. My hearing friend left cuz he thought I want to be alone but not, should be side with me. All of these happen that there is misunderstand of communication. Because most of them dont sign to me, often talk around with people.

Does it make you feel frustated and disappointed when hearing people do not understand you?

Depend on people who can understand me but I havent told deaf until last, I am really hear of any hearing friend can leave me if I cant talk. But I have to, often, I talked wrong way then they do not understand me very repeatedly.

It is not good idea to tell you any conclusion if someone cause you misunderstand, it is really sad because you think you know your partner is only talk to you then you will understand what he or she said in positive or good but in behind, she tell it is serious or bad thing then you laughed or agree make you big mistake. It is really afraid of facing someone who cause you misunderstand.

Nope - not once, never happened :lol:

Seriously - Matajan, there is a HUGE world outside of Ivy League.
You are missing out on so many things if you are always THINK OBSESS IVY SCHOOLS OBSESS

So many good things you are missing ZOOM FINISH because you only thing about Ivy League.

I feel SAD, PITY-for you. Why, because you are missing the world.

NB everyone - yes, I changed my grammar intentionally

do you understand that you could have a good experience with hearing students if you let them know that you are deaf and if you stop trying to talk like a hearing person?

when you try to talk to them, you most likely sound like and look like a special kid. that's why they avoid you and leave you alone. you are a deaf guy so act like a deaf person and everything will be a lot easier for you. stop trying to act like a hearing person.

do you understand?

do you understand that you could have a good experience with hearing students if you let them know that you are deaf and if you stop trying to talk like a hearing person?

when you try to talk to them, you most likely sound like and look like a special kid. that's why they avoid you and leave you alone. you are a deaf guy so act like a deaf person and everything will be a lot easier for you. stop trying to act like a hearing person.

do you understand?

You are kidding on me.

Why shouldn't I talk like a hearing person?

If I told I am deaf, girl will leave me but isn't it correct?

If I try to speak like a hearing person, some people automatically identify me as a Deaf person with a Deaf voice anyway. Some people tend to sign to me after I speak for a brief time. :lol:

Jiro,

Did you know that people with CI never possible as succeed if they want talk to hearing people like one AD member got benefit herself, said had boyfriend in CALtech who is hearing?

But you said if one act like hearing then will leave me.

Jiro,

Did you know that people with CI never possible as succeed if they want talk to hearing people like one AD member got benefit herself, said had boyfriend in CALtech who is hearing?

huh ?

Jiro,

FYI, he is an oral deaf, HA wearing. Not hearing.

I agree. I can't make sense of that statement too much. Anyone well versed in Matajan-speak wanna translate for us?

FYI, he is an oral deaf, HA wearing. Not hearing.

I agree. I can't make sense of that statement too much. Anyone well versed in Matajan-speak wanna translate for us?

Jiro said I should be act like deaf...why?

Can't I talk like hearing same as matlin marlee, deaf actress?

I even tried flipping it into ASL & PSE/CASE etc and I can't figure out what he means:shock:

Because you are deaf?

You aren't Marlee Matlin, so you can't talk like her.

I'm not Marlee Matlin, so I can't look like her.

So?

Only Marlee Matlin is Marlee Matlin.

You are YOU.

You are kidding on me.
No I'm not kidding. I know the truth.

Why shouldn't I talk like a hearing person?
Because you can't talk like a hearing person if you tried. You will sound like a special kid. That's why you have trouble communicating with hearing people. That's why they avoid you. Am I correct?

If I told I am deaf, girl will leave me but isn't it correct?
no. I told people I am deaf and they like me. If I tried too hard to act like a hearing person, they will leave me alone because it's very hard to communicate with them and it makes people feel awkward and uncomfortable. When people know I am deaf, then they know how to communicate with me after I explain. Everything gets easier.

matlin marlee can't talk that good. I can hear her voice. She sounds like a special kid. She can talk only 2-3 words. She has interpreter to talk for her. Everybody knows she is deaf and yet hearing people still like her. See?

Why don't you let people know you are deaf? Stop trying to talk. Do you want people to think you are special?

I know a young deaf guy (not an Ivy League grad) who is popular with all people, and very popular with young ladies. He uses ASL, no voice, note writing, and a charming smile for communication. He shows other people that he's interested in what they do and feel, and he demonstrates good manners and a cheerful attitude. He dates college girls. He is sincere with no pretensions or fake anything.

Voicing skills are not necessary for attracting women. In fact, I notice several of the hearing young ladies find note writing to be rather charming and romantic. They apper to appreciate a guy who makes the effort to communicate with them. And, after all, they can keep the notes when then part. :)

I know a young deaf guy (not an Ivy League grad) who is popular with all people, and very popular with young ladies. He uses ASL, no voice, note writing, and a charming smile for communication. He shows other people that he's interested in what they do and feel, and he demonstrates good manners and a cheerful attitude. He dates college girls. He is sincere with no pretensions or fake anything.

Voicing skills are not necessary for attracting women. In fact, I notice several of the hearing young ladies find note writing to be rather charming and romantic. They apper to appreciate a guy who makes the effort to communicate with them. And, after all, they can keep the notes when then part. :)

Like movie, click by adam sandler who wrote note to kate beckinsale...they are hearing

Jiro,

That has to be the most convoluted thing I have ever heard. :eek3:

:thumb:

matajan - listen to Reba. she is hearing woman. she knows this truth. do you understand, matajan?

Back