All about...

Gatorboy00

Reaction score
Y'all know how many members of this board always have an All about me thread? Well this time, I have decided to set one up but it's not all about me, it's all about Wal-Mart! I believe that I know a lot about Wal-Mart since I work there for more than 2 years. Ask any question about Wal-Mart and the history of the store. I am sure someone was wondering about something at their local Wal-Mart. Ask away!

TweetyBird said:
what abt walmart???

I think you don't quite understand the purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread is for the ADers to ask question about Wal-Mart. I can answer any question about Wal-mart, I believe.

There’s something I’ve always wondered about. I’ve met a lot of Deaf people who work at Wal-Mart, and there are a lot here on this board too. Exactly how many Deaf people work for Wal-Mart? What is the percentage of total employees?

Gatorboy00 said:
I think you don't quite understand the purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread is for the ADers to ask question about Wal-Mart. I can answer any question about Wal-mart, I believe.

Okay..I'll play..Why are there no wal marts in NYC?

1.) Wonder why "Wal-Mart"? I knew Wal is come from the founder's last name Walton. Just wonder why not we use Walton Mart instead.

2.) How many countries that have Wal-mart stores (included Super and regular)?

3.) What happened to the sign "Everything are made in USA" ? I do remmy that motto during early 1990's. My friends and I made fun of Wal-mart cuz of that stupid sign.

I love WalMart! :)

Questions about Walmart.. Ok.. Ummm...Let's see I know they have Sales, I know they have just about anything there...But, Can U sell bbnt there for a One Low Price? :giggle:

Heard Playboy will or has done a "Women of Walmart" photo spread have you seen it and is it even out yet ?

Levonian said:
There’s something I’ve always wondered about. I’ve met a lot of Deaf people who work at Wal-Mart, and there are a lot here on this board too. Exactly how many Deaf people work for Wal-Mart? What is the percentage of total employees?

Wow, that's a good question, but it's impossible to answer. It's like asking how many white people works at Wal-mart, how many black people works at Wal-Mart, how many hispanic people works at Wal-Mart, etc (If I haven't listed your race, don't take it offensive, :) )

coffeeeeman said:
Okay..I'll play..Why are there no wal marts in NYC?

Because Wal-Mart need at least 5 to 10 acres on a flat land to build one. NYC doesn't have room for that. However, there's one in New Jersey that is about 10 to 15 minutes from NYC.

Lasza said:
1.) Wonder why "Wal-Mart"? I knew Wal is come from the founder's last name Walton. Just wonder why not we use Walton Mart instead.

2.) How many countries that have Wal-mart stores (included Super and regular)?

3.) What happened to the sign "Everything are made in USA" ? I do remmy that motto during early 1990's. My friends and I made fun of Wal-mart cuz of that stupid sign.

1. Sam Walton is the founder of Wal-Mart. In 1962, he had a small store and he called it Wal-Mart. Many years later, the name is still there. That's why it's called "Wal-Mart." Some people called the store, Wally's World or Wally Mart. Don't even ask why, :D .

2. Argentina, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, and, of course, USA.

3. Hmm, I think you have your stores mixed up, because Wal-Mart always had the same motto since 1962 which is "Low Prices. Always."

Cheri said:
I love WalMart! :)

Questions about Walmart.. Ok.. Ummm...Let's see I know they have Sales, I know they have just about anything there...But, Can U sell bbnt there for a One Low Price? :giggle:

I think bbnt will be better off on eBay! :giggle: Here's a cool tip on shopping at Wal-Mart. If you find a coupon in the newspaper that is from other store that features a item cheaper than Wal-Mart's price. Bring that coupon to Wal-Mart, and they'll let you buy that item at the same price or cheaper.

(The prices in the following example is just made-up, allright?)
Example: I find a Target coupon for a Playstation 2 that says $99. I bring the coupon to Wal-Mart where their Playstation 2 is $129. I buy the Playstation 2 and show the coupon to the Wal-Mart cashier, and they will mark it down to $99 or $98 to beat Target's price.

Soonersfan79 said:
Heard Playboy will or has done a "Women of Walmart" photo spread have you seen it and is it even out yet ?

Yes, Playboy did a feature called "Women of Wal-Mart" and yes, I have seen it. It's exculsive for Cyber Club at www.playboy.com which means it's not in the magazines. If you really want to see them, download a p2p program like Kaaza or Overnet. They have it, :).

Gatorboy00 said:
I think bbnt will be better off on eBay! :giggle: Here's a cool tip on shopping at Wal-Mart. If you find a coupon in the newspaper that is from other store that features a item cheaper than Wal-Mart's price. Bring that coupon to Wal-Mart, and they'll let you buy that item at the same price or cheaper.

(The prices in the following example is just made-up, allright?)
Example: I find a Target coupon for a Playstation 2 that says $99. I bring the coupon to Wal-Mart where their Playstation 2 is $129. I buy the Playstation 2 and show the coupon to the Wal-Mart cashier, and they will mark it down to $99 or $98 to beat Target's price.

wow Is that so? I never knew they accept Target's Coupons. I will do that. Target are all right but Wal Mart is one of my Favorites. Thanks for the Information. :thumb:

Gatorboy00 said:
Wow, that's a good question, but it's impossible to answer. It's like asking how many white people works at Wal-mart, how many black people works at Wal-Mart, how many hispanic people works at Wal-Mart, etc.

OK—let me rephrase the question. What I was really driving at was this: is it just a coincidence that I know so many Deaf people who work at Wal-Mart, or is Wal-Mart a particularly "Deaf friendly" company?

Levonian said:
OK—let me rephrase the question. What I was really driving at was this: is it just a coincidence that I know so many Deaf people who work at Wal-Mart, or is Wal-Mart a particularly "Deaf friendly" company?

Wal-Mart is a "Deaf friendly" company for sure, but they have broken many ADA laws. My guess is that they still working on the ADA thing. At my store, we never have any interperter during meetings. That's one thing I don't like about my store. I don't know if other Wal-Mart provides interperter. Anyone who works at Wal-Mart and do get interperter service, please send me a private message about that!

The Super Target that is about 10 miles from my Wal-Mart has a VERY "Deaf friendly" environment because they provide interperter 24 hours. I only shop at Target when I don't feel like going to my store. I live right next to Target, how ironic, heh!

Gatorboy00 said:
Wal-Mart is a "Deaf friendly" company for sure, but they have broken many ADA laws. My guess is that they still working on the ADA thing. At my store, we never have any interperter during meetings. That's one thing I don't like about my store. I don't know if other Wal-Mart provides interperter. Anyone who works at Wal-Mart and do get interperter service, please send me a private message about that!

The Super Target that is about 10 miles from my Wal-Mart has a VERY "Deaf friendly" environment because they provide interperter 24 hours. I only shop at Target when I don't feel like going to my store. I live right next to Target, how ironic, heh!
Hi gatoryboy.....

I have been working for wal-mart for 4 years... (will be 4th year in June 5th)

Yeah its "deaf-friendly" when i first started working at wal-mart in 2000... every employee's are required to take "CBL training courses" on the computer.. they speak by voices.. that time i didn't have any interpreter for those CBL. but right now i think 2001 or 2002 CBL's now have an ASL interpreter on the computer screen or open caption. wondering if ur's got the same thing?

yeah same thing at the meetings (daily meetings) normally talk about sales up or down, how to improve etc.. i get no interpreter, however the meetings are only 10 min. But, I always get a notetaker to write me what they're talking about etc. almost nothing's important.
mostly talk about sales up, how many accident free days, events such as fund raising, relay for life, how to make the company more better and in shape.

as for the Deaf percentage.. reason its impossible to know the percentage of deaf population who works at wal-mart is because its confinical (sp?).

Gatorboy00 said:
Care to explain why?

Well, I have read many newspapers about people who complaints over Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart let the people to use their 5th wheelers or trailers pullin' by trucks or whateva to park at Wal-Mart's parkin' lot to stay overnight for free. That makes R.V. Park owners lose their business, because no body wants to pay the fees at R.V. Park areas. That's why I don't like Wal-Mart. Some R.V. Park owners sued Wal-Mart for doin' that to hurt their businesses.

I know it's great to have Wal-Mart sellin' their stuff at lower prices, but I still don't like Wal-Mart's scheme for hurtin' the businesses like the R.V. Park owners. Tsk !

Back