All about electric cars!

I'm not being stubborn, I'm just in "Crying wolf" mentality. You will eventually realize and agreed with me. I have hear plenty of lies and BS over 40 years worth of time, do you think another talk will convinced me? NOT!

I'm not being stubborn, I'm just in "Crying wolf" mentality. You will eventually realize and agreed with me. I have hear plenty of lies and BS over 40 years worth of time, do you think another talk will convinced me? NOT!

so that means you're stubborn and refuse to see the FACTS in front of you. oh well

:dunno:

trust me - I will never agree with you because I believe in facts, not myths.

I don't think anyone is trying to convince you that the impossible will take place. You are saying that nothing has changed in 40 years. actually plenty has changed. just look around you. Cars are more efficient. less smog in the air. ect...

LOL, there are severals cars that got excellent mileage back in 80's. Yes there was cars with almost 50MPG during 80's. So, really it has not changed much. Of course, the emission has improved but it does affect mileage negative too.

I once owned 1985 car that gets me 60MPG. So, it is STILL not new to me.

Edit: http://www.mpgomatic.com/2007/10/08/super-cheap-high-mpg-cars-1978-1981/

I don't think anyone is trying to convince you that the impossible will take place. You are saying that nothing has changed in 40 years. actually plenty has changed. just look around you. Cars are more efficient. less smog in the air. ect...

LOL, there are severals cars that got excellent mileage back in 80's. Yes there was cars with almost 50MPG during 80's. So, really it has not changed much. Of course, the emission has improved but it does affect mileage negative too.

I once owned 1985 car that gets me 60MPG. So, it is STILL not new to me.

80's.... that was after 70's oil crisis. so they DID do something about it... a 60-mpg car...

You didn't notice the "Cyclical" Its nothing new. All I hear is "WOWOWOW" Tell you this it is all :sure: And do you think I am kid? I wish I am still kid. I am over 45 years old and been though ups and down. Hello? The idea of alternative fuel has been over hundred fifty years old and do you think magically going to change overnight after hundred fifty years? LOL!

80's.... that was after 70's oil crisis. so they DID do something about it... a 60-mpg car...

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Yeah even the bigger cars have better gas mileage than my tiny Honda.

Altho it rocked that 1980s cars got better mpg and didn't need a hybrid system. It dropped fast in mpg in the 1990s which sucked.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is why I can't see in future that they are going to make difference. The only time I will believe is when we see real hard core proof and it has not materialized yet. Trying same thing over and over and expect different result? That is definition of INSANITY. When one believes that trying same thing and expect same result is truly sane while others thinks it is going to make different result is really insanity.

Altho it rocked that 1980s cars got better mpg and didn't need a hybrid system. It dropped fast in mpg in the 1990s which sucked.

You didn't notice the "Cyclical" Its nothing new. All I hear is "WOWOWOW" Tell you this it is all :sure: And do you think I am kid? I wish I am still kid. I am over 45 years old and been though ups and down. Hello? The idea of alternative fuel has been over hundred fifty years old and do you think magically going to change overnight after hundred fifty years? LOL!

why are you still yapping on about alternative fuel?????

we've already started using it for a LONG time already. it's the result of oil companies in conjunction with car companies, research labs, and government.

beside - what kind of alternative fuel are you talking about? there are several kinds.

Yeah, that is why I can't see in future that they are going to make difference. The only time I will believe is when we see real hard core proof and it has not materialized yet. Trying same thing over and over and expect different result? That is definition of INSANITY. When one believes that trying same thing and expect same result is truly sane while others thinks it is going to make different result is really insanity.

dude..... you've ALREADY started seeing the result! see below!

Yeah even the bigger cars have better gas mileage than my tiny Honda.

your 60 mpg car from 1980 would not be capable of carrying a family of 4 and a fully-loaded trunk for vacation. now you can!

your 60 mpg car from 1980 would not be capable of carrying a family of 4 and a fully-loaded trunk for vacation. now you can!

Yeah, true. 1987 CRX HF only can carry 2 people and get 60 mpg. Today, you can carry 5 passengers and get 50 mpg with Toyota Prius or 34 mpg highway with a 2011 Hyundai Sonata sedan. Mine only gets about 30-33 combined and it's small and cramped lol

WRONG! My VW jetta with 4 doors can carry 5 people in it and gets 60 MPG, and it got the largest trunk space I ever seen.

EDIT, here is link it is almost exact what I had. Only that it is different color and hubcaps. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5215767-Changed-up-the-Zenders

Have you heard about the Koenigsegg CCXR? I learned about it a few years ago from a coworker.

(I think) it's the worlds fastest car that is hybrid on fuel choice, can use corn or petrol.

Have you heard about the Koenigsegg CCXR? I learned about it a few years ago from a coworker.

(I think) it's the worlds fastest car that is hybrid on fuel choice, can use corn or petrol.

Gas mileage still stinks on it. Corvette still rocks. You can get 30 mpg on the highway with it.

Gas mileage still stinks on it. Corvette still rocks. You can get 30 mpg on the highway with it.

Haha, I hope whoever buys it isn't doing it for the gas mileage. They should be loaded with cash that it didn't matter. :giggle:

By the way, The Telsa electric sport car can go to 60 in 4.3 secs and get up to 250 miles on a charge. Top speed is about 130 mph as well. I think it's about $100k for the car.

I have not seen anything in there that supports your claim. It basically proved my point.

Like I said - it is in oil companies' best interest to pursue green-friendly technology because it will be profitable.

I have nothing against these oil companies raking in profits as long as they invest in other things such as green technology. why should I have a problem with it? This is a capitalist country. If they're raking in so much $$$$$, then they must be doing something right.

You don't like it? so why are you driving gas-guzzling trucks then? you are making these "greedy oil companies" richer and richer every time you refuel your trucks. don't be a silly hypocrite.

btw diehardbiker - no comment about this?

Back