All about electric cars!

Free electricity? Likely from taxpayers money or electric company's incentives to get people buy electric cars, then once it gets mainstream which I don't believe would happen anytime soon, end up "Coin operated recharged station" with credit card swipe to charge KWH being charged. So, its free as short term pretty much.

BTW the price of oil has been dropping and was briefly below fifty bucks per barrel.

Free electricity? Likely from taxpayers money or electric company's incentives to get people buy electric cars, then once it gets mainstream which I don't believe would happen anytime soon, end up "Coin operated recharged station" with credit card swipe to charge KWH being charged. So, its free as short term pretty much.

BTW the price of oil has been dropping and was briefly below fifty bucks per barrel.

No credit card swipe or coins around the charging post. I might miss something... :hmm:

:D Not going to happen. I rather have jug of fuel with me than bulky heavy batteries to deal with, and with Jug, it is much quicker to refuel that way.

Got it. Understand what ur post says...New to me. Wow. Someday you like an electric HD bike. :P

:D Not going to happen. I rather have jug of fuel with me than bulky heavy batteries to deal with, and with Jug, it is much quicker to refuel that way.
I bet your grand grandpa thought gasoline motor was CRAZY! he prefer horse because it's more safely and less problem then your grandpa or father think fuel injections are junk and too complex with computer so he like carburetor better. Soon your future grand-son think Hovercar is crazy.

:laugh2:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/09/wsj-gm-chevrolet-bolt-electric-vehicle/

So GM just made 100% electric car now.

Audi did same thing. http://www.greencarreports.com/news...ron-also-280-mile-family-electric-car-in-2017

You DO have valid argument. Often I notice Americans have high standard of convenience so, when vehicles runs out of juice, plug takes hours which many don't like to deal with and I don't see how it can appeal general public, they could appeal to the audience that has money, and wants something new.

This is why I don't see 100% EV as mainstream anytime soon. Have you wondered why I prefer Hydrogen Fuel Cell? Hydrogen fuel cells works almost same as EV, they both run by electricity right? Why do I prefer Hydrogen Fuel cell? It takes couple minutes to refill the jug, and Hydrogen is fed though the battery and smash oxygen to produce electric power, and the shit is pretty much water... Yes I called it shit because you can't drink that water otherwise your gonna be dead.

I bet your grand grandpa thought gasoline motor was CRAZY! he prefer horse because it's more safely and less problem then your grandpa or father think fuel injections are junk and too complex with computer so he like carburetor better. Soon your future grand-son think Hovercar is crazy.

:laugh2:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/09/wsj-gm-chevrolet-bolt-electric-vehicle/

So GM just made 100% electric car now.

Audi did same thing. http://www.greencarreports.com/news...ron-also-280-mile-family-electric-car-in-2017

You DO have valid argument. Often I notice Americans have high standard of convenience so, when vehicles runs out of juice, plug takes hours which many don't like to deal with and I don't see how it can appeal general public, they could appeal to the audience that has money, and wants something new.

This is why I don't see 100% EV as mainstream anytime soon. Have you wondered why I prefer Hydrogen Fuel Cell? Hydrogen fuel cells works almost same as EV, they both run by electricity right? Why do I prefer Hydrogen Fuel cell? It takes couple minutes to refill the jug, and Hydrogen is fed though the battery and smash oxygen to produce electric power, and the shit is pretty much water... Yes I called it shit because you can't drink that water otherwise your gonna be dead.

120 miles is pretty good range and EV come with adapters for house. Why complained? Just plug when you are home almost same idea like laptop, mobile, DSLR, etc. :roll:

120 miles is NOT enough, my parents lives 250 miles away, how am I going to travel to my parents house using EV with only 120 miles? On other hand if it offers a thousand miles range then I would think different but this is not going to happen anyway, right?

My MIL is closer... 70 miles, still not enough for round trip.

120 miles is pretty good range and EV come with adapters for house. Why complained? Just plug when you are home almost same idea like laptop, mobile, DSLR, etc. :roll:

I think I might have 4 or more vehicles. One EV for short trip. Muscle cars for pleasure cruising or show. Regular vehicles for work or long trip. But if I move to Hawaii, I will have 4wd vehicles, and bye my belove muscle cars and EV.

120 miles is NOT enough, my parents lives 250 miles away, how am I going to travel to my parents house using EV with only 120 miles? On other hand if it offers a thousand miles range then I would think different but this is not going to happen anyway, right?

Don't mean you drive your parent in everyday. Mostly EV design for local city.

simple.... you choose a right tool for a right job. obviously.... EV is not a right tool for visiting your parents 250 miles away. majority of people live in major metropolitan areas. that's over 10-20 million people total. people commute daily to or within cities/surrounding cities - usually less than 20-30 miles.

EV is the right tool for that everyday purpose.

so are you going to fret over something that you don't do everyday like.... driving to your parents' house? :roll: many households have at least 2 cars. I'm sure they would get a good ole' fashioned car with gasoline.

do you think driving a vehicle with 10 mpg a logical choice for daily commuting to work?

You still missed my point, I don't commute, so my wife too don't commute. I rather have big and small vehicle and both to run on gas. My excursion is basically for family use, especially on long trip and I have bad back and Excursion really helps me a lot because they offer plenty of room for me to lay down while my whole family still can traveling regardless. And no, my Excursion runs on Diesel, and yes, I average 19 MPG when traveling coast to coast going 75-80MPH! I could hit 23MPG easy if I go strictly 50's MPH. On city, during winter its 13MPG, Summer 15-18MPG.

I do want use car instead if going out of town sometimes. I don't want to be stuck with the options I have if I own EV! It does not make sense for me to have EV since it limits to 50 miles radius (Don't forget round trip!)

Sure there are people that wants EV, I am talking about having EV as mainstream is NOT going to happen, maybe up to 20% yeah but beyond that, it is NOT going to happen. And know what? Saudi don't think we will ever see oil at rate of $100+ a barrel again.

It is all about supply and demand, the more fuel efficient vehicle, the more alternative fuel vehicle on road, they effectively kill the demand for the oil meaning what? It will kick supply into overload resulting what? Oil price drop, simple as is! Once oil price drops to the point where people will lose interest in EV or alternative fuel and stick with cheap oil because they know, and love oil for too long.

simple.... you choose a right tool for a right job. obviously.... EV is not a right tool for visiting your parents 250 miles away. majority of people live in major metropolitan areas. that's over 10-20 million people total. people commute daily to or within cities/surrounding cities - usually less than 20-30 miles.

EV is the right tool for that everyday purpose.

so are you going to fret over something that you don't do everyday like.... driving to your parents' house? :roll: many households have at least 2 cars. I'm sure they would get a good ole' fashioned car with gasoline.

do you think driving a vehicle with 10 mpg a logical choice for daily commuting to work?

You still missed my point, I don't commute, so my wife too don't commute. I rather have big and small vehicle and both to run on gas. My excursion is basically for family use, especially on long trip and I have bad back and Excursion really helps me a lot because they offer plenty of room for me to lay down while my whole family still can traveling regardless. And no, my Excursion runs on Diesel, and yes, I average 19 MPG when traveling coast to coast going 75-80MPH! I could hit 23MPG easy if I go strictly 50's MPH. On city, during winter its 13MPG, Summer 15-18MPG.

I do want use car instead if going out of town sometimes. I don't want to be stuck with the options I have if I own EV! It does not make sense for me to have EV since it limits to 50 miles radius (Don't forget round trip!)

Sure there are people that wants EV, I am talking about having EV as mainstream is NOT going to happen, maybe up to 20% yeah but beyond that, it is NOT going to happen. And know what? Saudi don't think we will ever see oil at rate of $100+ a barrel again.

It is all about supply and demand, the more fuel efficient vehicle, the more alternative fuel vehicle on road, they effectively kill the demand for the oil meaning what? It will kick supply into overload resulting what? Oil price drop, simple as is! Once oil price drops to the point where people will lose interest in EV or alternative fuel and stick with cheap oil because they know, and love oil for too long.
*shrug* simple. EV's not for you. it doesn't mean EV is shit either.

you choose a right tool for a right job. not a very hard concept to understand.

It seems hard for u to grasp the prediction and others opinion.

Simple, I dont predict there will be widely supported EV, period.

Just like too many people predicted we will be seeing 150 to 200 dollars a barrel for oil, has it happened? Nope, It has never happened. 5 years ago, I predicted that oil price will retreat back to less than 50 dollars a barrel, now we are seeing it again.

*shrug* simple. EV's not for you. it doesn't mean EV is shit either.

you choose a right tool for a right job. not a very hard concept to understand.

Gas price will go up someday....give EV back on the roads again.

I don't think for a long time. The root cause of low oil price nowadays was caused by several factors. Many oil exporter countries outside of OPEC wants sell their oil, not willing to cut production generally because they need money badly, Russia for example, they depend on oil for their economy why they need to cut production just to hurt their economy? Its pretty much double edge sword for them. On top of that problem, we now know much more oil reserves out there meaning supply of oil gets very high thus giving pressure on oil price to remain low. On top of that, government now requires increase fuel efficiency vehicles which won't help solve the over-supply of oil. Think about it, EV does not even need a drop of oil, what happens to the supply of oil when EV becomes mainstreamed vehicle? Its going to remain over-supply, result much lower oil price that lead to attraction using oil instead of alternative fuel which is expensive in the end.

One thing I could grateful for is that we the United States never want government to get involved with oil business, leaving only private citizen owning it, now that the private owner scramble to save their money, cut their bottom line, result? We won't be suffering like Russians does. Capitalism at best!

The truth is, the only way to have EV as mainstream type of vehicle is when we have ultra low on oil reserves, or depleted oil reserves; which is not going to happen for a damn long time, highly doubt in our lifetime.

Maybe you don't know, China is sitting on one of world's largest oil reserves and China refused to touch it, not willing to sell them to anyone... How it going to help with world's oil over-supply woes?

FYI one of my buddy asked me, and my friend to install electric outlet for their future EV. We asked for specs, WOW! Its bigger than you think, it requires 40 amperes with 240V outlet. That is a lot of juice, similar cost to run two central air conditioner/heat-pump. So think about it, having more EV will require revamp the power grid because at present, the power grid capacity is around 95% leaving only 5% So EV is not the true cost efficient solution after all.

How many watts out of 40 amps at 240V? Code requires no more than 80% of rated current, so 80% of 40A is 32A multiply with 240V equals 7,680 watts of power to recharge EV!

Back