All about electric cars!

Read the link from Times I just post earlier. Manufacturers were forced to slash cost of electric cars in response falling oil prices.

A year ago, oil was around $100 a barrel, now its 65 dollars a barrel, have NOTHING to do with summer or winter blend. Its OPEC decision keep production level at same, that kills value of oil, nothing to do with summer or winter!

$3.00 to fully charge E cars? Are you sure? I don't believe it because there is no meter showing how much it draws. You can't get more energy out of a given energy by type of fuel. Don't forget EV gets about 60 miles in range max, you could fill gas powered car for then 40, but now it is 30 dollars and you could go at least 400 miles out of a tank

I am NOT drunk, you guys are!

My apologies for called you a drunk.

You can read the house's electric bill then calculator it. It was not that hard.

http://www.pluginamerica.org/drivers-seat/how-much-does-it-cost-charge-electric-car

Don't forget EV gets about 60 miles in range max, you could fill gas powered car for then 40, but now it is 30 dollars and you could go at least 400 miles out of a tank
Okay, Are you stoned? Not for EVERYONE who can drive over 60 miles a daily. Plus maintenance free (motor oil, coolant, ATF, spark, glow plug, blah blah) for 5-10 years.

Why should I forget about it? I always reviews on it a lot plus few of my friends own EV motorcycle and they told me a story about it. That's how I got an idea for EV.

Tesla Model S can go 208-265 miles.
Zero S can go 185 miles.

local taxi firm use green machines half petrol half electric they comfortable cars

Gov't and State are afraid to lose gas tax for highway, bridges and roads if lots of electric vehicles will be grown. Only Washington state charge electric-car owners $100 a year.

Gov't and State are afraid to lose gas tax for highway, bridges and roads if lots of electric vehicles will be grown. Only Washington state charge electric-car owners $100 a year.

no. that's silly. they have nothing to be afraid of because the governments will always find another thing to tax.

really? You gotta ask yourself, how long will price stay low? Are Tesla free of debts?

If oil price stay low too long, bank that Tesla owes to don't give a damn, and can demand money back, which result could force Tesla into bankruptcy.

To OPEC, electric cars are a threat to them, and they will do anything to kill them. Don't forget the term "Cartel" Saudi Arabia is a oil cartel, period. They sit on massive profit and will do whatever they please while Tesla is not sitting on massive profit at all.

Tesla can come back normal when oil price climbs up again.

They can't sell lower than the profit margin, otherwise they will have problem pay back banks, and investors. This is why investors are being spooked and pull they money out of Tesla to the point that Tesla may have to be forced file bankruptcy.

Right and Tesla will drop price in future.

They can't sell lower than the profit margin, otherwise they will have problem pay back banks, and investors. This is why investors are being spooked and pull they money out of Tesla to the point that Tesla may have to be forced file bankruptcy.

you're thinking way too short-term.

yes they can sell lower than the profit margin. ever heard of long-term business strategy? and you are mistaken.... the article you posted has never said such thing that investors are being spooked and pulling out.

However, Jonas is still recommending that investors buy Tesla shares. Although he trimmed his price target from $320 a share, his new target of $290 a share still would give investors a better than 50% gain.

Tesla (TSLA) shares were lower in premarket trading Wednesday. Shares have lost 31% since hitting a record high in early September, during a period in which oil prices have plunged 42%. But Tesla shares are still up more than 30 for the year despite the recent slide.

Tesla... bankruptcy? LOL not likely. you might want to take a look at Tesla's backers. I remind you - they're heavy hitters... meaning - they're ultra wealthy and have unlimited resources. bankruptcy? oh man... thanks for a good laugh. you also might want to think about how the heck is Tesla staying afloat for whole these years? again - take a look at these backers' backgrounds.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...ll-under-london-to-keep-your-tesla-going.html
By 2030, Greater London’s population will rise to 10 million from 8.2 million in 2013, according to data used by National Grid. The number of electric vehicles, such as those made by Tesla Motors Inc. (TSLA), plying the region will grow to as many as 60,000 in 2020 from 1,000 now; the number of heat pumps will multiply to as many as 125,000 from 10,000.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...as-shoppers-seen-looking-past-pump-price.html
Still, Kallo and InsideEVs.com suggested the recent market reaction runs counter to Tesla’s future health. And sales of hybrid and electric cars increased 1.6 percent in November from October in the U.S. as gasoline prices were falling.

and the big question is....
“The longer term threat is if cheap oil is permanent or going to be here for a very long time,” Whiston said. “That could create a problem for Tesla once it gets out of the vehicle segments that cater to the very wealthy and get down to the people who might normally buy a compact sedan like a Honda Civic. Those are the people who care about the price of gas.”

how long will this cheap gas stay cheap for? my guess? not long.

Not surprised... BTW TELSA is depending on government support, and it is fact and it might not last long.

One think oil price won't stay low for long time. One must ask, if had ever long period of time that oil price was low and stable in history? The answer is yes it was, so the chance of oil price remain $50's per barrel for long period of time can happen, and it WILL kill TESLA. Too many oil industries around, and one small electric motor corp... I don't think Tesla can survive. Without government subsides, Tesla won't be around long.

And guess what? Hawaiian isn't interesting in all electric cars regardless.

I didn't see any electric vehicles around in Hilo, Hi. What a heck.....

Not surprised... BTW TELSA is depending on government support, and it is fact and it might not last long.

One think oil price won't stay low for long time. One must ask, if had ever long period of time that oil price was low and stable in history? The answer is yes it was, so the chance of oil price remain $50's per barrel for long period of time can happen, and it WILL kill TESLA. Too many oil industries around, and one small electric motor corp... I don't think Tesla can survive. Without government subsides, Tesla won't be around long.

And guess what? Hawaiian isn't interesting in all electric cars regardless.

I don't think so.... Too many Tesla or other electric vehicles in SoCal already, they demands services such as brakes or body parts etc. I dont see why Tesla is out of the picture. And one other story is some people are tired of paying oil/filter change services, or trip to the pump island to refill gas.

Right, they can afford expensive gas, demands 4wheel vehicles in inhabited roads. I have a feeling there is electric vehicles in Kona area because there is low rainfall season than Hilo. I go there this weekend to get refresh my brain what I see there....Aloha

Went to Kailua-Kona today, didn't see any electric vehicles around there. The weather is so great feel like 80 degree warmer...

Whats the point? Electric Vehicles exists since a hundred sixty years ago! Most of these EV owners are just a percentage.

My point still stands, EV will never go into mainstream and because of California government wants more EV, throwing taxpayers money into EV that most don't want or need of them. It is all about refueling convenience when going on long distance traveling. Gas powered vehicle was invented later than many other different types of fuel powered vehicles like Steam, electric , even fuel cell and so on.

Hawai'i is nice place to visit, been there... Shaka Brah!

I finally spot 3 Nissan Leaf "ZeroEmission" electric cars that parked on the bays of the charging station in Queen Kaahumanu Center in Kahului, Maui, Hawaii. The charging station that I see is no pre-pay, just plug the vehicle, charge up to 90 minutes. Looks like free electric to the electric vehicle owners. Who pays? Taxpayers? :dunno:

Back