Alex?....

Amen! GalaxyAngel, Rebelgirl and Peachlady! ;)

I wasn't aware there is English grammer checker elsewhere. After thinking about it...it's true that while SOME ADers have poor English grammer skill, I would rather not have it with AD. Why? Because this is deaf forum and many of us understand asl sentences. Not all of us do because each of us came from different educational backgrounds. My English grammer is pretty good, but I wouldn't want to use English grammer checker. Each person has different opinion and I respect that. Not bad suggestion though...that way each ADers can choose to use it or not.

Yeah, it's why I brought it up about English grammer, not just spell checker if, anyone who wants to improve their spellin'/english grammer. This AD is an educational forum for everyone to learn from all walks of life. I don't mean to make it sound like that they have to make their sentences to be perfect. No, that's not what I mean. I am certain that some of ADers would like to be an equal with others ... you know, the " same " feelin'" with them when they read each other's posts without feelin' different or maybe, to make each other feel like they are in the same boat of an understandin' level. They can chose it if, they like ... I am not forcin' them to. I am just suggestin' English grammer that included spell checker. If, one wants just English grammer checker ... I would bring up the spell checker as well. Not just English grammer.
Recently I just posted in Les/Gay Forum, askin' for their link about GLBT sign language. I would like to learn it, too. Because, I've never seen one like this before. That's somethin' new. :)

I am sorry if, I mentioned about Les/Gay Forum is a little bit off topic. I just want to explain about myself what I believe in. I believe in that every person has the right to learn, if they chose to or not.

I LOVE Firefox's new spell-check! I am actually getting BETTER at spelling because instead of spelling a word wrong and letting the spell-checker do the work and fix it, I can SEE it's wrong, fix it myself, and the next time I know how to spell it correctly!

I agreed that Firefox works well with alldeaf with spell checker. It rules!

Well I can understand what you're saying.. I'm the same way.. if I can't spell then most of you got my point.. however....

there are alot of "intelligent" or so called "intelligent" members here have insulted and been bashed on just because of bad grammer or misspelling a word or two. I mean , some of you think of yourselves.. how about a change of heart and think of others that may feel more confident if there was a spell checker or grammer check? I see now that there is a couple we can get spell checkers from. Like PeachyLady was saying.. some of you are like "i don't need one" but for once.. we could at least share our thoughts and maybe help each other.. We don't need egoists here.. we need supporters.

I wanted to add my 2 pennies to your post. Grammar/spelling correction is well and all but one need not go overboard with the nitpicking to make the other person feel bad about mistakes. It could be constituted as bullying more than being helpful. I also want to point out that it's also possible that people may want to offer positive feedback on correcting grammar without wanting to make people feel bad about it. One has to see the difference between helpful, kind feedback and negative, aggressive nitpicking, you know?

Well there are some intelligent people who do critical on those who have poor english grammar or spelling...I don't think that's nice at all and it does constituted as being bully to me...I've noticed that some intelligent people try to place their words very carefully in their posts so it won't backfire at them later but I'm not that dumb to firgure it out but I choose to ignore it instead...

yep angel, i agree with you that it is called a bully when it come to one that do critical on the grammars. i dont care about grammars. they are being themselves as well in real life. why must be good at it? No one are perfect, period! :)

Alex,

I'm just curious. The super mod and moderator labels speak for themselves. VIP or Premium Member status...just wondering how one got the honor?

Thank you for this great site. One day, I may be able to find the words to express my gratitude to form a testimonial.

With sincerity,

BecLak

Alex,

I'm just curious. The super mod and moderator labels speak for themselves. VIP or Premium Member status...just wondering how one got the honor?

Thank you for this great site. One day, I may be able to find the words to express my gratitude to form a testimonial.

With sincerity,

BecLak
I suspect it has to do with the number of posts. If that's the case, then DrPhil will be up there in no time with his double postings. :giggle:

IE7? Lame.

Firefox or Chrome are the best browsers and they come with automatic spell-checker when I installed the broswers on my computer.

ie7? Lame.

Firefox or chrome are the best browsers and they come with automatic spell-checker when i installed the broswers on my computer.

epic fail!

Back