Alex?....

So you're saying I have poor english grammer since I'm the one asking for a spelling checker to be add on this forum...

Well I'm sorry if I'm too dumb

Huh ? Did I say that you have poor English grammer ? I didn't say that. Gee - where did you get that idea, huh ?

I said some ADers, not you. Understand ? You need to read my post carefully, Angel. And, what's more - Don't you use that word " dumb " ever again.

Hey Alex ... thank you very much for this link. It's not for only Check Speller but also "Look Up on Merriam Webster" and "Look Up on Wikipedia". I've relied on those too. Very good for some of us for education! :ty:
If you click on the "spell checking" icon (
spelling.gif
) within the Quick Reply box, it'll ask you if you want to download ieSpell from ieSpell - Spell Checker add-on for Internet Explorer

Just click OK to download the plugin for your browser and you got yourself a spell checker.

G'day.

Huh ? Did I say that you have poor English grammer ? I didn't say that. Gee - where did you get that idea, huh ?

I said some ADers, not you. Understand ? You need to read my post carefully, Angel. And, what's more - Don't you use that word " dumb " ever again.

Okay, I'm sorry about that....

Same as mine...mine have red underline and I double click on left side to get correction spelling words.

But it would be great to add one anyway! :thumb:

I already have spell checker automatic come w/Firefox.. :)
When I typing wrong spelling.. itself pop up red under line.. and will use my mouse click right then left click will come tab came on and will listing tell you which one do you choose correct spell.. If not found listing nothing.. then pain ass to search the dictionary.

That would be great benefits for addy spell checker attach with AD.
Up to Alex's mind.. If he refuse.. I'll beat Alex's brain come with electro shock.. make him change his mind.. :fingersx:

I did click on the link that Alex posted, I don't see "download". Did I miss something? :dunno: I am using Firefox. I hate IE!

^Angel^,

Do you have spell checkers on your internet explorer? You can download a free software on your computer, Let Roadrunner help you with that. ;)

I'm using IE 7 and love it. The spelling cheker for download located on left side. Click that. I clicked the top one only called primary mirror (CNET). It worked great. I don't know about Firefox. Sorry.
I did click on the link that Alex posted, I don't see "download". Did I miss something? :dunno: I am using Firefox. I hate IE!

Well, because some ADers have some poor grammer in English, so why should someone want the spell checker to be added ? How about English grammer checker as well ? I think it would be fair for everyone. :)

I don't know if, this is too much to ask ....

I wasn't aware there is English grammer checker elsewhere. After thinking about it...it's true that while SOME ADers have poor English grammer skill, I would rather not have it with AD. Why? Because this is deaf forum and many of us understand asl sentences. Not all of us do because each of us came from different educational backgrounds. My English grammer is pretty good, but I wouldn't want to use English grammer checker. Each person has different opinion and I respect that. Not bad suggestion though...that way each ADers can choose to use it or not.

I wasn't aware there is English grammer checker elsewhere. After thinking about it...it's true that while SOME ADers have poor English grammer skill, I would rather not have it with AD. Why? Because this is deaf forum and many of us understand asl sentences. Not all of us do because each of us came from different educational backgrounds. My English grammer is pretty good, but I wouldn't want to use English grammer checker. Each person has different opinion and I respect that. Not bad suggestion though...that way each ADers can choose to use it or not.

*nodding agreement*

Very true!!!

Anyway, I find this thread here is a good suggestion that we need correct spelling checker. I didn't know that Alex already set spelling checker long time ago...

I've never really been picky about spelling. I just go with the flow. If I make a spelling mistake, oh well...

I've never really been picky about spelling. I just go with the flow. If I make a spelling mistake, oh well...
Well I can understand what you're saying.. I'm the same way.. if I can't spell then most of you got my point.. however....

there are alot of "intelligent" or so called "intelligent" members here have insulted and been bashed on just because of bad grammer or misspelling a word or two. I mean , some of you think of yourselves.. how about a change of heart and think of others that may feel more confident if there was a spell checker or grammer check? I see now that there is a couple we can get spell checkers from. Like PeachyLady was saying.. some of you are like "i don't need one" but for once.. we could at least share our thoughts and maybe help each other.. We don't need egoists here.. we need supporters.

I already have spell checker automatic come w/Firefox.. :)
When I typing wrong spelling.. itself pop up red under line.. and will use my mouse click right then left click will come tab came on and will listing tell you which one do you choose correct spell.. If not found listing nothing.. then pain ass to search the dictionary.

That would be great benefits for addy spell checker attach with AD.
Up to Alex's mind.. If he refuse.. I'll beat Alex's brain come with electro shock.. make him change his mind.. :fingersx:

:laugh2: It is true about search the dictionary. Yes, Right I download Firefox last sat night. I like best Firefox. I surprised that already automatic and help me right spelling there COOL!!! I fed up with IE 7 since IE kicked me out many times for 2 months grrr!! I removed IE 7 period! sucks!

*pssst* Vampy, Like everyone are doesn't need you brag 'bout it ok..
Just help each together re-correction spelling.. btw that would be great benefits help have great methods tool "spelling check" on toolbar or wha..ever name it.
I hope you could willing accept them understand as their feelings. *wink*

Rebelgirl, I like your attitude good point!

Back