Alaska Governor Sarah Palin slashed Deaf School funding

shut_the_fuck_up2.jpg

yup. that's the aaaaauuuuuuhhhhhhhhh-nold we know :cool2:
(do not talk behind his back)

I have NO respect for her at ALL!

When she's no longer a mayor, she'll find out the hard way what it is like to fight to get services for her special need son, due to limited funding, which she implemented in the first place.

I wonder the people in her county will vote her out when the next election rolls around?

Goes to show deafies voting for repukes is like chickens voting for Colonel Sanders.

Tsk Tsk voting AGAINST their own best interests....:roll:

I'll never understand why people jump to believe bullcrap like this. I hate politics and consider myself an Independent voter. I vote on the person, after learning the truths and researching and listening to both sides. I watch FoxNews, CNN, and MSNBC and a couple programs on other channels so that I am informed. Way too many people watch just CNN or some other totally biased program like Oprah or The View and take it for fact.

The fact is, as an independent, I see how blatantly biased towards democrats the huge majority of the media is and way too many people actually believe the lies. This is just another perfect example. The original poster posts some lies and half of you followup posters are believing it and thinking Palin is bad as a result. At least Foxrac tried doing the absolute minimum research by going to a blatantly liberal website and posting a link above. However, Foxrac and everyone else didn't even scroll to the bottom of the article to read the comments and check one or two of the links from posters in the comments section. The Huffington Post article is (as usual) blatant misinformation. Below are a couple links from the comments section of that article to a few much more reliable sources that confirm each other that Palin did in fact increase spending for special needs schooling dramatically (to triple the amount over the next 3 years). Of course I'll still rather see the actual budget documents but I'm really tired and it's way past my bedtime, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

That huffingtom post link again (scroll to bottom to read the comments and head closer to the truth):
Adrienne Williams: Palin Slashed "Special Schools" Funding In Alaska

Factcheck.org - Newsweek article:
Factcheck.org: Sliming Palin | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com

Education Week article:
Education Week: Alaska Legislators Overhaul Funding

A snippet from the comments and more reliable articles:
A second part of the measure raises spending for students with special needs to $73,840 in fiscal 2011, from the current $26,900 per student in fiscal 2008, according to the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development.

Unlike many other states, Alaska has relatively flush budget coffers, thanks to a rise in oil and gas revenues. Funding for schools will remain fairly level next year, however. Overall per-pupil funding across the state will rise by $100, to $5,480, in fiscal 2009. Total K-12 funding will rise to $1.2 billion from $1.1 billion, when transportation, energy, and other state funds are included, according to estimates from the governor’s Office of Management and Budget.

The state also agreed to add another $216 million to fill in shortfalls in its teacher-retirement system, the budget office said.

The moral of this is don't believe the bullcrap. In this case, at least read the whole article, and the followups/comments to it, and check other articles. Be an educated voter!

Last edited:
Actual, you need to know that Alaska population are quite small than Rhode Island. It's small chance there is deaf available in there. I have know some friends in there that told there are hardly seen around. There are few states doesn't either have deaf school or closed down during few, because of parents made the decide for their children toward mainstream.

By the way, in California have large population, mean have more deaf schools. In fact, more than Texas which only have one and yet, largest deaf K-12 campus than in CA. ha.

:ty: SimpleMan and Darkage for correct the rumor with FactCheck.org. At first I was like :confused: and decide to not say anything what I think of this thread yet because I know Palin has a special need child. I keep myself until the snope.com/FactCheck.org or Palin´s rebuttal.

I'll never understand why people jump to believe bullcrap like this. I hate politics and consider myself an Independent voter. I vote on the person, after learning the truths and researching and listening to both sides.

Same here. Thanks for the link

I have NO respect for her at ALL!

When she's no longer a mayor, she'll find out the hard way what it is like to fight to get services for her special need son, due to limited funding, which she implemented in the first place.

I wonder the people in her county will vote her out when the next election rolls around?

correction - she's a Governor. With her approval rating of 87%.... I doubt she'll get voted out.

Ok, I won't respond to the obvious as I take it you two know what I meant. Tis trivial, anyway.....

Back