Alarm clock for the deaf

Nobody laugh now...

My first alarm, as when I was growing up, (for me nor my family knew there were gadgets out there for the deaf, and there wasn't much back then) was an aquarium pump plugged into a timer.

I put the pump under my pillow and it would vibrate the living daylights out of me. I must admit it gave me a bit of independancy instead of relying on my mum to wake me up. Admittedly it shook so damn hard that I would wake early in fear of it going off, for I hated being woken with such force. It certainly did it's job as an alarm until one morning I got home from work and could smell something not quite right coming from my bedroom - I'd got up very early that morning and forgot to deactivate it before I left for work. In horror I ran to the bedroom, picked up my hot pillow to reveal what was left of a molten mess of an aquarium pump! I'd suffocated it and it had melted and was on the verge of smoking - boy! That was it - I just relied on my internal clock from then on.

Kangaroo :)

Shel90, I got your alarm clock in the mail today, and it seems to work well! Thank you sooooooo much, I am deeply grateful! :ty::ty::ty::ty::ty:

And I can play with the bubble wrap now, LOL!

Glad to know that it arrived safe and sound. Enjoy playing with those bubbles! LOL! :)

Back