Ahhhhhhhhhh!

I had to check up the word tinnitus since everybody is talking about it. :D That really sounds bad and annoying.

Hope it will be better soon. In the meantime here's a :hug: for you

Jamie

Thanks Jamie you are such a sweetie

I hope you find some peace. I know my tinnutis was so bad, I would just cry all night. One thing they told me years ago was to limit the amount of salt in my diet. I don't know if it helped. Now many years later, I don't cook with salt or use low sodium products.

I know your not a candiate, but CI surgery has decreased my tinnutis by around 90%. If I go without my CIs then I get the roaring, until I put them on.

Ever since I was diagnosed with Meneire's they have had me on a minimal salt intake and there are other things also I have had to give up. Its helped with the vertigo etc... The tinnitus is always there its just sometimes it seems to be way worse than others. I had a 3 hour sleep night where I kept waking up.. Seems this happens a few times a month for a few days at a time. While its there every day, right now is making me want to hit my head against the wall! :shock:

That I totally understand!!

I have had an appointment with my Audi before when I had tinnitus

I have told my audi this... She told me to raise my hand even if I think I am hearing something. It was so bad that I had to reschedule my hearing test.

The tinnitus I was having at the time, was what prompt me to having a hearing test.

:hug: I really do not know what else to say... but to hang in there. :aw:

thanks so much babyblue :hug:

hope your tinnitus feels better today...trust me ive had times where my tinnitus was ridiculously loud too like trains and planes in my head and I wanted to just cut my ears off..even tho i knew it wouldn't help...not sure how long you've had it but fans and sleeping with the tv used to help me...the fan doesn't really do it anymore since i don't hear it haha but the tv is good cuz ill watch tv and fall asleep...hopefully it will subdue itself a bit and thanks:) i hope the test goes well on friday

Tinnitus

I have tinnitus since 1970 and never stopped, sometimes hurts and feel pain in the mucsles around my ears. But I got used to it. For those who needs to mask it, you can buy affordable mask from Pharmacy like Walgreen that will help or you can buy white noise sound (Dynamic Tinnitus Mitigation System)and copy it to your IPod. And aslo some hearing aids added some white noise to hearing aids such us Widex Mind and Belton.

hope your tinnitus feels better today...trust me ive had times where my tinnitus was ridiculously loud too like trains and planes in my head and I wanted to just cut my ears off..even tho i knew it wouldn't help...not sure how long you've had it but fans and sleeping with the tv used to help me...the fan doesn't really do it anymore since i don't hear it haha but the tv is good cuz ill watch tv and fall asleep...hopefully it will subdue itself a bit and thanks:) i hope the test goes well on friday

Thanks Alicia, and I do hope you see the ENT incase there is something else ( i dont want there to be but just incase.) I know how it feels to be put through that ringer, it sucks.. The new Audi I am seeing wants me to go back to the ENT after I get the new aids.. Im not sure he understands how upsetting it is. I will cross my fingers for you friday, also it will be nice to get your hearing aid back!

I have tinnitus since 1970 and never stopped, sometimes hurts and feel pain in the mucsles around my ears. But I got used to it. For those who needs to mask it, you can buy affordable mask from Pharmacy like Walgreen that will help or you can buy white noise sound (Dynamic Tinnitus Mitigation System)and copy it to your IPod. And aslo some hearing aids added some white noise to hearing aids such us Widex Mind and Belton.

Ozzie thanks so much for the info... I did just join the forum over at menieres.org. Reading some things that sound so familiar. I will definitely look into these things as I am so desperate at this point.

Ekkk candybrowneyes, I know exactly how you feel! I've had tinnitus from time to time as a child, but it was only 1-2 times a year if that, and minor.. it'd only keep me up at all night that night then I'd pass out from crying [cuz I was just a child, scared of what I was hearing, yanno?] then as I got older, it'd still come 1-2 times a year until Summer of 2006, I got one one day while I took the girls to a fair in my hometown while my husband had to work for a bit. It was during a ride I was on with my girls, I started getting tinnitus, and verrrrrrrry dizzy.. I knew it wasn't gonna be the same typical all night tinnitus.. and I was right. It was there to stay with me until my 1st CI activation about 11 months later! Imagine the 11 months of pure hell I went thru 24/7? I couldn't even understand anyone speak due to the tinnitus masking out speech & it totally freaked me out 'cause all my life hearing aids benefitted me well. But I wasn't able to wear hearing aids on my right side for 6 yrs already when I got tinnitus out of no where due to balance issues & tinnitus every time I'd wear it right before the birth of my oldest. So I went for 6+ yrs only wearing my left hearing aid & even that wasn't helping when I was going thru my 11 months of tinnitus hell due to the speech being masked and me being from a hearing family! It was totally frusturating. I laughed for months at any suggestions on seeking to see if I'd be a candiate for CI. Finally I broke down and went to see in Feb, got surgery in May, got activated in June. This was in 2007. Several months later, I said "I love love love this, let's go for the other one!" since I had stopped wearing my left hearing aid about 2 months after being activated so again the following Feb/March I saw my Dr. and asked him if he was ready for round 2. Went thru surgery May & activated in May. He let me be activated one week early then he'd normally would because of the girls' end of the years school events & going straight up on a girl scouts troop mini vacation right on the last day of school. :) I love being a bilateral CI'er and the fact that my tinnitus is no longer here. Sure I'd get 'em once in awhile but very minor and it goes away if I put on my CI and start listening to things. :) It's great! :)

Good luck on your journey in the future in becoming a CI canidiate then getitng your CI if that's the route you're looking into. :) Anytime you wanna chat when your tinnitus is driving you insane, just message me. :)

OMgosh! My tinnitus is driving me insaneeeeeeeeee =(

Hope it improves! I dont get it so I dont know what it is like but I know so many people who suffer from it. They feel the same as u do.

Back