Ahhhhh!!! I'm Gonna Die!!!

Dark-Half

Reaction score
THEY'RE GONNA PUT ME TO SLEEP AND POKE ME IN THE HEAD WITH SHARP POINTY THINGS ON JUNE 7TH AHHHH!!

On a serious note, i'm more scared of facial nerves getting damaged than anything. I'll keep yall updated. I think I'm mostly looking forward to the drugs :) Drugs make the world a happy place! Oh, and of course, the hook up. I think I might cry emo tears inside when I hear robotic noises that sound like a bird taking a long wet fart.

Congrats on having a date set for your CI surgery!

I didn't even realize you were going thru the candidacy progess & all so this post caught me by surprise. Or maybe I knew, but forgot? Who knows. :]

Good luck! Take care of yourself and let us know when you can how things are going! I hope the whole experience is a net positive one for you and it meets or exceeds your expectations!

Hey Dark Half!, gl with your surgery. My biggest fear was aslo facial nerve damage but that never happened. I understand it's only temporary. I did get partial numbess in my left ear but that's wearing off now. My ear is nearly back to normal. :D

You're going to be fine! keep us posted, didnt know you were being tested either.Good luck!

Good luck Dark Half. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Ask your surgeon if they use a facial nerve mointor when doing CIs. Most ENTs do. They significantly reduce the chance of facial nerve damage, as an alarm goes off any time the facial nerve receives any type of stimulation.

If it is hard to get in touch with your surgeon, ask your surgery coordinator whether they bill for CPT codes 95867 and 95920 -- those are the codes associated with using the facial nerve monitor.

Good Luck !

THEY'RE GONNA PUT ME TO SLEEP AND POKE ME IN THE HEAD WITH SHARP POINTY THINGS ON JUNE 7TH AHHHH!!

On a serious note, i'm more scared of facial nerves getting damaged than anything. I'll keep yall updated. I think I'm mostly looking forward to the drugs :) Drugs make the world a happy place! Oh, and of course, the hook up. I think I might cry emo tears inside when I hear robotic noises that sound like a bird taking a long wet fart.

Good luck ,Dark-Half. I hope you could enjoy at least some of sounds after surgery .

Dark Half good luck on your surgery I had mine on Sept 7th I believe it was not that long ago lol. Dont worry you will be fine, I came through mine with flying colors. And may I be the first to say welcome to the dark side? By the way your surgery date is also my daughters birthdate. So Ill remember to include you in on the celebrations that day.

:giggle: Like your sense of humour. Best wishes for the surgery and we'll look forward to seeing your newly collectivised, irresistent self on the dark side <Dr Evil laugh>

I have the partially numb ear too, along with this area on my head, on the implanted side. It's still quite numb. I can't wait til that passes. It feels very strange brushing my hair or washing my hair on that side! :]

deafskeptic said: I did get partial numbess in my left ear but that's wearing off now.

Whew! for a minute I thought you were dying after the surgery :eek3: . Good Luck with the Surgery! What device did you pick? I am going to get the Freedom.

Congrats on having a date set for your CI surgery!

I didn't even realize you were going thru the candidacy progess & all so this post caught me by surprise. Or maybe I knew, but forgot? Who knows. :]

I posted back in jan or feb, weather conditions prevented me from making certian dates so it kept getting pushed back and It felt silly to keep posting dates over and over so I figured bleh. I didn't really plan on announcing the surgery date here either, but I figured it'd make for a good laugh if I put a spin on it. Yeah, I'm excited and nervous. I choose the new advanced bionics harmony model. It has a lot to offer imho. I can't wait til hook up haha..

Edit; I feel like little timmy when I say this but -- thanks everyone~!!!

:giggle: Like your sense of humour. Best wishes for the surgery and we'll look forward to seeing your newly collectivised, irresistent self on the dark side <Dr Evil laugh>

Gotta love it! Everybody has hijacked my "Welcome to the dark side" theme...;)

Darkhalf - Best success in your endeavors!

Yea, the facial nerve bit is nerve wracking to say the least. I think they got that down to a fine art where the worst is temporary paralysis. A friend of mine had a twinge of it a couple of days afterwards probably more from swelling (pressing on the facial nerve) than the actual surgery itself. A couple of days later it went away.

Good luck with the surgery and the hook-up.
Enjoy wandering around in drug-induced haze. Maybe you will spill some secrets if they accidentially slip you truth serum drug. ;)

dark---

same day I get my molar extraction!

but i will keep you in my thoughts and get you to get thru the surgery! and you will do FINE :)

congratulations on the date of surgery and good luck
looking forward to hear your update after June 7th :)

Wendy

Back