*Ahem*

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is a CI-Borg??... :Ohno:

Uh-Oh a repost?

I didn't see that other thread either, I guess that happens when you work too much. :whistle:

Ohh, so it means a group of people that have CI?... :ugh:

^Angel^ said:

Yeah it's a bit of a joke actually. In the early days some people in the deaf community used to say that people with a CI were "robots" so it's like taking ownership of the name if you know what I mean. CI borgs say funny things like "welcome to the dark side" every time someone gets a CI.

It's a sort of way of laughing at ourselves.

^Angel^ said:
not a group.. but individual who have ci.. but it is not a real word just made up.. :)

R2D2 said:
Yeah it's a bit of a joke actually. In the early days some people in the deaf community used to say that people with a CI were "robots" so it's like taking ownership of the name if you know what I mean. CI borgs say funny things like "welcome to the dark side" every time someone gets a CI.

It's a sort of way of laughing at ourselves.

LOL, that's cute, thanks for explaining it, I got it now :)

I was just getting ready to post that thread, but ya'll beat me to it......
I didn't realizw what it meant....... Now I do!! :)

Boult said:
not a group.. but individual who have ci.. but it is not a real word just made up.. :)

Who made up that name anyways?...

Cassbugs said:
I was just getting ready to post that thread, but ya'll beat me to it......
I didn't realizw what it meant....... Now I do!! :)

LOL, I'm glad I'm not alone in this, I was scared at first thought I might get jumped on, but then again, I let my worries get to me sometimes heh..

I couldn't recall I am not sure where it originated probably in DN or my forum or elsewhere :dunno:

Boult said:
I couldn't recall I am not sure where it originated probably in DN or my forum or elsewhere :dunno:

:gasp: you have a FORUM?....

^Angel^ said:
:gasp: you have a FORUM?....

I think he means Deaf Notes - I'm pretty sure that is not a CI forum but is a general website for deaf people? Dunno never been there.

R2D2 said:
CI borgs say funny things like "welcome to the dark side" every time someone gets a CI.

That is so funny, :rofl: 'Welcome to the dark side'. :rofl:

R2D2 said:
I think he means Deaf Notes - I'm pretty sure that is not a CI forum but is a general website for deaf people? Dunno never been there.

Oh I know that forum but I thought he said this >>
Boult said:
I couldn't recall I am not sure where it originated probably in DN or my forum or elsewhere

:dunno:

^Angel^ said:
Oh I know that forum but I thought he said this >>

:dunno:

He's right - I was reading too fast! I've PMed him to ask him about this forum.

Back