AGBell Body Snatchers

ASLGAL

Reaction score
I like this, thought I'd share

It says a lot, at least to me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okl2ODsrRq8]YouTube - AGBELL's Body Snatchers[/ame]

Oh, I hate to think like having a BIG BROTHER watching over us to make us forget that we are deaf and just not use ASL. Oh, I hate AGBell's method and theory. Thank you for sharing it with me. "sigh" Talking to myself "What is wrong with the AGBell audists?" :(

For some reason I keep thinking of the X-files when I see this film; I dunno why :dunno:. Anyway, it certainly says a lot! A.G Bell will never be my hero.

Talking to myself "What is wrong with the AGBell audists?" :(
Have you ever seen the movie Sweet Nothings in My Ear starring Jeff Daniels and Marlee Matlin? There's a line in it that explains this very well: "The majority always thinks the minority wants to be just like them."

Have you ever seen the movie Sweet Nothings in My Ear starring Jeff Daniels and Marlee Matlin? There's a line in it that explains this very well: "The majority always thinks the minority wants to be just like them."

Yes, I have seen the movie "Sweet Nothing in My Ear". I don't remember the line in it, but now that you mention. The question is the majority which mean the hearing people thinks that we the Deaf and Hard of Hearing minority wants to be just like them. Oh, come on, that is a crock of bull crap. We have tried to explain to them many times but they are the ones who don't even want to listen to us about our needs for special accommodation. The hearing people are more deaf then we are. Geez. :roll:

Yes, I have seen the movie "Sweet Nothing in My Ear". I don't remember the line in it, but now that you mention. The question is the majority which mean the hearing people thinks that we the Deaf and Hard of Hearing minority wants to be just like them. Oh, come on, that is a crock of bull crap. We have tried to explain to them many times but they are the ones who don't even want to listen to us about our needs for special accommodation. The hearing people are more deaf then we are. Geez. :roll:
As a hearing person, I can understand the mentality, but I can't explain it nor do I agree with it. My son was diagnosed as deaf at 6-months, and I still remember wanting to slap the audiologist for suggesting that my wife and I shouldn't have any more children because there was a chance that our future offspring would also be deaf. We were like, "So what!"

Maybe there are real AGBad body snatchers! I almost got snatched myself...thank god, ASL saved me from becoming a victim!!!

Yep. They've got deaf minds.

I still remember wanting to slap the audiologist for suggesting that my wife and I shouldn't have any more children because there was a chance that our future offspring would also be deaf. We were like, "So what!"
Mountain Man that's an awesome attitude to have!
In the grand scheme of things, deafness and hearing loss are not that big of a deal.

Sad thing is though is that when parents find out their infant is deaf they flip out like their child now has a fatal life threatening disease that will need management for the rest of their lives. Fact is, deafness is not fatal, it does not lead to a certain death.

I think when a child is confirmed to be hoh/deaf, I think the hospital should be required to offer a pamphlet that simply states the options the parents have and a phone number to a local deaf group or deaf advocacy group. This way they are led to people that can tell you first hand their successes and frustrations with CIs, oral v. manual, and so on. And each state needs to offer ASL classes for the entire family regardless of the parents decision on the placement of their child.

Why do we need to forget we're deaf?........

<confused>

Why do we need to forget we're deaf?........

<confused>

The video is a comment on AGB and the assumption that all people who are deaf are broken and need fixed and if not fixed then to be relocated away from the 'normal' people.
They used the 'Body Snatchers' as a way to illustrate it.

Lord NO! I didn't posted that thinking or saying it was real truth, anything but the real truth. Sorry it was confusing.

The video is a comment on AGB and the assumption that all people who are deaf are broken and need fixed and if not fixed then to be relocated away from the 'normal' people.
They used the 'Body Snatchers' as a way to illustrate it.

These people are talking and not signing. :roll: Exactly what point is that making??:cool2:

These people are talking and not signing. Exactly what point is that making?
Because the unspoken attitude is that talking is "healthy and normal" and that ASL/Sign is something that's a "special needs" crutch.

AGBell Body Snatchers! :lol:

Really like the sound of its word - just perfect words describing who the AGBad people are!

:deaf: Rules! :D

I can't understand the video because there is no sound. Is that the whole point? <confused>

Back