Afterhours.

Oh, I am not aware that he has an implanted CI. Wow. Good Luck! I hope that it does not affect your health...

My friend has the CI, and it took one month for her to be back in normal. Your time will go by fast. This is not new to me.

I have a suggestion, maybe join a bible teaching church and start a deaf ministry. You be amazed how many people are willing to learn sign language. Its a only suggestion. You seem young, maybe go to college and take 1 or 2 classes that interest you like computers, math, art etc.. Learn a new thing .

I have a suggestion, maybe join a bible teaching church and start a deaf ministry. You be amazed how many people are willing to learn sign language. Its a only suggestion. You seem young, maybe go to college and take 1 or 2 classes that interest you like computers, math, art etc.. Learn a new thing .

Agreed!

All kinds of things happen in college, you'd be amazed.

I too am a classic night owl I usually go to bed anywhere between 6-8 am. I find that reading, working on my website, or playing a pc games helps. When I get really bored I just start browsing around AD.

You must be depressed. How old are you? Just forget the pills for now.

Do you do normally exercise? If not, that's it. Your body needs some strength like more walking, keep you busy outside cutting branches, sweeping the outdoor floor, etc. You will more likely have a good sleep. Do you have a tractor?

Did you wash your bed sheets & pillow case once a week or two weeks? Did you wash your face before you go to bed? Don't ask me why - I know they are silly questions. You will be surprised.

Erm, I don't know how I gave off the impression I was depressed? Roflmfao. I'm sorry but thats just too funny XD I -do- get depressed every now and then, but that's rare. I'm 24 and I exercise. The rest of the questions are far too silly for my liking to answer.

My sleeping issues have nothing to do with washing bedsheets or face washing or whatever. It's my mind. It's over-active.

Edit; I've ALWAYS had sleeping issues ever since I was like...eh 7 or 8. I lost my hearing when I was 6. It might be related to that. Has nothin to do with the op. I'm feelin pretty fine and the operation hasn't affected me. I was feeling horrible for the first 5 days but now I'm good.

edit2; I've tried melatonin before. I even went up to the highest dose and it didn't help me sleep any. It made me drowsy.

Erm, I don't know how I gave off the impression I was depressed? Roflmfao. I'm sorry but thats just too funny XD I -do- get depressed every now and then, but that's rare. I'm 24 and I exercise. The rest of the questions are far too silly for my liking to answer.

My sleeping issues have nothing to do with washing bedsheets or face washing or whatever. It's my mind. It's over-active.

Edit; I've ALWAYS had sleeping issues ever since I was like...eh 7 or 8. I lost my hearing when I was 6. It might be related to that. Has nothin to do with the op. I'm feelin pretty fine and the operation hasn't affected me. I was feeling horrible for the first 5 days but now I'm good.

edit2; I've tried melatonin before. I even went up to the highest dose and it didn't help me sleep any. It made me drowsy.

Coiuld just be that you are a natural night owl. When we eat and sleep are determined more by what society says is the norm, and sometimes our natural circadian rhythms are the opposite of the majority. I have been a night owl since I was a small child. Does it seem to get worse in the summer?

What about Nyquil or Benadryl? I'm aware you're not sick, but, they both have the same thing in them that sleeping pills have. Just a thought.

Coiuld just be that you are a natural night owl. When we eat and sleep are determined more by what society says is the norm, and sometimes our natural circadian rhythms are the opposite of the majority. I have been a night owl since I was a small child. Does it seem to get worse in the summer?

Lol, ironically, yes and that's interesting :P

- as for the nyquil/bendryl thingie. Yeah I've tried both. They work to a degree but I'd rather not get addicited or dependant :S

What about Nyquil or Benadryl? I'm aware you're not sick, but, they both have the same thing in them that sleeping pills have. Just a thought.

And they also have other ingredients that OTC sleep aids don't have. Just my POV, but I really don't think it is a good idea to take a medication just because one of its side effects happens to be drowsiness.

- as for the nyquil/bendryl thingie. Yeah I've tried both. They work to a degree but I'd rather not get addicited or dependant :S

Yep, if you are just one of those people who have those particular rhythms, your body tells you that you need to rest during the heat of the day, and become active when it is cooler. That's why it will get worse in the summer.

Off subject, I am curious - do you have a ceiling fan in your bedroom? I have both the ceiling fan and a small air conditioner. Most of time, I use the fan. I avoid being too tired in my devil room.

Hmmm . . . you have a point.

Dark- Half,
I think it's all in your mind! The countryside around you should be the best medicine rather than any sleeping pills or other pills I think. Can't you find somebody to share some talks, drinks, games, fun in person? Perhaps you should look for either a person who is even more bored than you or a person who is so cheerful. One of them may help get rid of your boredom.

Don't think of your boredom any more. Just do something that you enjoy most. Or switch your mind that you are enjoying yourself :giggle:

Cheer up man.

Thi

i am insomnic i always do is reading my books i have tons of books shrugs
and i sometimes watch movies i do lurking around my computer grins
and playing with my dog ha

Whenever I'm unable to fall asleep, I read something long and boring, like a school textbook

Well. Many middle age people have a hard time to sleep. I'm not in the middle age, and I have trouble sleeping on my bed once a while.

Maybe, you gotta :wackit: that make you feel good so that you will have a good sleep. :whistle:

Back