Adding more info to avatar

Why don't the people who would like to add their age or if they are hearing or not just do it? And the ones who do not just don't add that? The great thing about having choices, everyone gets what they want. I am not saying to have it showing with our avatar but in with our information on ourselves.

Yea people have choices and we should respect their choices. But it would be nice to give some information. If they dont want, I wont lose my sleep over it.

When I put hearing aid on, I put my status as "hard of hearing", when I don't use the hearing aid, I put my status as "deaf". SOunds siLLy. :dizzy:

"HOH w/ HA"

I agree with the hearing status. So we will know how many are there like how many deaf, hard of hearing or hearing in alldeaf. See whose status has the most. But age, no. If someone wants to know ur age, they will have to check their profiles. If it is not there, oh well...

Explain?

Isn't this messageboard consist many deaf members? Plus if someone re daring to label u, flaming, calling, or insulting you - you cld tap in your power to ban that person. simple or no?
It's not that.

A lot of members complain that they want to be seen as someone based on how they talk and act, not as a deaf person. Yet, you're proposing that they identify themselves as being deaf up front.

That's like me meeting a person and say, "Hi, my name is Vampy and I'm deaf." I rather introduce myself as "Hi, I'm Vampy." I'll let the other person analyze me based on what I do, not how I label myself.

It's not that.

A lot of members complain that they want to be seen as someone based on how they talk and act, not as a deaf person. Yet, you're proposing that they identify themselves as being deaf up front.

That's like me meeting a person and say, "Hi, my name is Vampy and I'm deaf." I rather introduce myself as "Hi, I'm Vampy." I'll let the other person analyze me based on what I do, not how I label myself.

Okay the simple solution is having 'hearing status' as option like 'Age'. Member dont have to reveal if that person is deaf or hearing.

I feel sorry for people who aren't proud of themselves.

Okay the simple solution is having 'hearing status' as option like 'Age'. Member dont have to reveal if that person is deaf or hearing.

I feel sorry for people who aren't proud of themselves.
Do you really think the old farts are gonna go around saying, "Hi, I'm 50 years old!" ;)

I don`t mean to go off topic. But sometimes I don`t know if a member is a man or a woman, I think it should be in the avatars.

I don`t mean to go off topic. But sometimes I don`t know if a member is a man or a woman, I think it should be in the avatars.

I think that isn't bad idea. I sometime make mistake by thinking that ad member is girl but it s he. Lol

Yes, I agree, sometimes I would say "she" and this member would say hey! I'm a "he", or I'll say "he" and this member would say I'm a "she".

Why Not

On Screename's color

Pink for lady

Blue for man

or color Star next to Screename :dunno2:

:giggle:

IMO - I'll defer when it comes to the age status. However, As for the gender identification - That is a grand idea. I'd suggest using various colors because not every girls or boys are into colors that is aimed at each gender. If the color features are not available then we all can come up with another idea how to accord this.

I realize that not every one will put their gender on the profile. If they don't want to put it on their profile, then how would that work on the avatar too? Some people just would like to remain anonymous.

*coughing* age... wanna know my age.. I do not think so!
LOL

btw gender yea.. would be great.. than confused truly who r u assuming that I'm male.. Oh excuse me.. Checking my parts.. isn't there.. Pay attention I'm female.. LOL

ID who am I : Yeah of course I'm frigg'n DEAF purebreed!

:D
Anything else?
anybody say more?
*Gravel pounded the high court* Case closed!
Move on the case.. do it!

I will pass with the age, thanks

But for the gender part -- It's not bad idea, eventually someone might end up calling the male person as a female. Error occurs sometimes.

Do Mods ever listen to our freeback and suggestions? Maybe I should create new thread with polls :dunno:

I think since GalaxyAngel (the nice-looking man with the mustache and tie) pounded the gavel, the mods have no choice.

But, you know, all of this information could be seen just by clicking on the poster's avatar. I clicked Lumbingmi's, and it said to PM him for the info. My point is people choose to show or withhold most of these statistics anyway.

Pardon my logic, but it seems a bit like making new laws when old ones already on the books just need to be used.

Back