AD looks different!

I used the same name and password each time. I get the "Thank you for logging in, Reba" window. Then it switches back to the home page, and I'm NOT logged in.

If I try to make a post, I get the window that tells me I'm not logged in. So I log in again. Then, it tells me I'm not authorized to post.

The only way I'm logged on now, is that I switched from IE to Foxfire this afternoon.

I notice that it effects my AD account settings also. I have mine set to NOT view avatars and signatures. Now, they sometimes they just "pop" on by themselves. Also, I can only make short posts because I get logged off before I can submit some of my posts. I don't like re-doing them. :( I never know what to expect. :dunno:

Oh werid! hmm I am using IE right now and didnt happen to me hmm wow hmm

I used the same name and password each time. I get the "Thank you for logging in, Reba" window. Then it switches back to the home page, and I'm NOT logged in.

If I try to make a post, I get the window that tells me I'm not logged in. So I log in again. Then, it tells me I'm not authorized to post.

The only way I'm logged on now, is that I switched from IE to Foxfire this afternoon.

I notice that it effects my AD account settings also. I have mine set to NOT view avatars and signatures. Now, they sometimes they just "pop" on by themselves. Also, I can only make short posts because I get logged off before I can submit some of my posts. I don't like re-doing them. :( I never know what to expect. :dunno:

I have been having the same problem you're having, Reba. Whenever I try to log in, It will do the same thing saying "Thank you for logging in" and it goes right back to the home page.

Here's what I did and so far it has worked to a trick - When it goes back to the home page after you logged in, Click on "Today's Posts" and that will take you to the page that you normally do when after logging in by looking at the New Posts. I hope that'll be a help. I've been able to stay logged on after doing the trick and am able to submit the posts.

I have been having the same problem you're having, Reba. Whenever I try to log in, It will do the same thing saying "Thank you for logging in" and it goes right back to the home page.

Here's what I did and so far it has worked to a trick - When it goes back to the home page after you logged in, Click on "Today's Posts" and that will take you to the page that you normally do when after logging in by looking at the New Posts. I hope that'll be a help. I've been able to stay logged on after doing the trick and am able to submit the posts.
That way worked for me once, then it didn't work again.

I can only access AD thru Firefox now. I can't get into AD with IE at all anymore. The only problem with Firefox is, for some reason, I sometimes get "timed out" before I finish my posts. It's very discouraging, so I'll probably just post less.

I just wish the changes didn't prevent me from logging in. It gets harder each time I try.

This time, I got the warning about trying too many log in attempts.

I switched to Firefox this time and finally got in. I don't know how long I'll be able to stay. Each time I log in I have to use a different "technique".

If I disappear completely some day, you'll know what happened to me.

:scatter:

secondly i have same problem like that... sometimes it denies my user/pw and it asks me to come back in 15 minutes and try again. that is odd.

strangely i can access to AD website in firefox - no problem so far.

btw, i have enjoyed the new look of AD.

That way worked for me once, then it didn't work again.

I can only access AD thru Firefox now. I can't get into AD with IE at all anymore. The only problem with Firefox is, for some reason, I sometimes get "timed out" before I finish my posts. It's very discouraging, so I'll probably just post less.

Trust me, Reba, you are better off with Firefox than with IE. IE is terrible. I use Firefox only.

And I have never had the time-out problem in Firefox myself.

Trust me, Reba, you are better off with Firefox than with IE. IE is terrible. I use Firefox only.

I did get a "time-out" msg while posting on AD, in Firefox.

Today, even with Firefox, I had to access AD "thru the back door". I couldn't get logged in directly.

It's very aggrevating. :mad:

I just have to learn to keep my posts short and sweet, and not as frequent.

Looks good Alex, I am used to the old format. It will take some getting used to. Whoa it is alittle more brighter in here :eek3:

Reba, I had the same problem with Firefox and I un-installed Firefox then now I am on IE and have not had any problems ever since. If the problem persists. Talk to Alex and you could also send an e-mail to one of the computer internet magazine publications online and see what they have to say as far as forum messengeboards are concerned with your situation.

... If the problem persists. Talk to Alex and you could also send an e-mail to one of the computer internet magazine publications online and see what they have to say as far as forum messengeboards are concerned with your situation.
Alex and I have been communicating.

I don't think there is much point in asking for help from other places. It's Alex's site, and he knows best what makes it work.

Hopefully, it will get straightened out soon.

If I were a paranoid person, I would almost think that someone didn't want me posting. :D

:rofl: Alright Reba ... Hope things work out and you will be able to make more posts here on AllDeaf. :cool:

I agree... I'm using Firefox too and Reba need ask Boult for help to fix the issues.

IE sucks because of MS...

After he updated his website, it is getting worse and worse. I wish that he should go back the way it was before. I think he makes a big mistake to update it, and a lot of bugs already invaded in the software. It would take so many hours for him to fix his website. He will get a lot of gray hairs...

Back