about SSDI. I didn't notice I got this one until today!

mayuna

Reaction score
Hi, I have never touched bank, and my husband has responsibility for account . But I found out that I have been getting SSDI from January. I didn't know about this. Because I didn't get any letter that inform I passed for SSDI.

The SSDI was deposit in business account, so my husband might not noticed, too......

Hi, I have never touched bank, and my husband has responsibility for account . But I found out that I have been getting SSDI from January. I didn't know about this. Because I didn't get any letter that inform I passed for SSDI.

The SSDI was deposit in business account, so my husband might not noticed, too......

if u dont know u passed for SSDI then how SS office get your account for deposit???cuz of they will ask ur for account #, they cant do without this...

How come your husband didn't notice this? Makes him think business is better than usual but he wasn't busier! :lol:

Did you applied for SSDI? For your sake, you better get familiar with your finanical affairs. Why was it deposited in business account?? It gotta go to your own account as it is in your name.

You better call them and find out if the money is yours or if they had made a transaction mistake, It doesn't happen frequently but it's better to be safe than sorry.

You better call them and find out if the money is yours or if they had made a transaction mistake, It doesn't happen frequently but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Cheri's right; we in the deaf world have heard untold numbers of stories wherein deaf folks have been billed for thousands of dollars because of an administrative error.

Cheri's right; we in the deaf world have heard untold numbers of stories wherein deaf folks have been billed for thousands of dollars because of an administrative error.

Yep; and I wouldn't want to see it happening to mayuna too.

Yea I would go to the office asap and get it straighten out before you get stuck for nothing if it was the adminstrative error.

Deaf people need to get a job.

Wow, that statement is really uncalled for... besides in order to receive SSDI (not SSI) a person has to have held a job or jobs prior to applying for the disability insurance and after a person is on SSDI it doesn’t mean they cant work part time to add to their income.

Wow, that statement is really uncalled for... besides in order to receive SSDI (not SSI) a person has to have held a job or jobs prior to applying for the disability insurance and after a person is on SSDI it doesn’t mean they cant work part time to add to their income.

If you stay here you will see that we are all really opinionated and not shy to express this. (one of the working deaf here)

Still and all, Botti, Kevbo, being one of the original members of this forum, and I'm guessing he's has graduated from college by now, I see he's still immature and opinionated to a fault just for the reaction he revels in.

Still and all, Botti, Kevbo, being one of the original members of this forum, and I'm guessing he's has graduated from college by now, I see he's still immature and opinionated to a fault just for the reaction he revels in.

Sure, but my point was, that you feed the reaction when you give response to the more outrageous statements. I guess I didn't make it very well. Sorry.

Sure, but my point was, that you feed the reaction when you give response to the more outrageous statements. I guess I didn't make it very well. Sorry.

No, I got you, Botti; after all, I did the same thing but if he comes back, like he does a half dozen times a year, I will not pay him any more mind than I do the ants outside....:lol:

What is the difference between SSI and SSDI? Why do you have to work a few years to get SSDI?

Okay .. nobody would get SSI or SSDI without applying for it. So you at least knew something about it. And the only way it would get in any bank account you are associated with is if you gave them the checking and routing numbers. So you are responsible for any errors that happened here, IMO. If you did apply, fine, but at least call your local SSI office to correct them of any bank account inaccuracies. I am not pro/con against SSI/SSDI but when someone feigns innocence against SSI/SSDI funds getting deposited, whether it is in an inaccurate bank account or not, the APPLICANT had to have given that information. SSI/SSDI officials do not "just happen" to have banking information.

SSI is a “needs-based” benefit. In addition to providing benefits to persons who are disabled of any
age including children, it also pays monthly benefits to people over age 65 whether or not they are
disabled. The key to SSI benefits is “financial need.” The “Financial Eligibility,” is
based on the person’s lack of personal resources and income to meet necessities of life.

SSDI is also called SSD. Social Security calls it just “Disability” and refers to the DIB, or the Disability
Insurance Benefit. Whatever it’s called (we’ll use SSDI), the program was created so workers who
become disabled and unable to work to their normal retirement age will be able to access their Social
Security retirement benefit early. Private pension plans would call this a “disability retirement” benefit.“
Financial eligibility,” is solely based on the length of time and amount paid in F.I.C.A.
payroll taxes.

SSDI pays a monthly benefit based on the amount of F.I.C.A. payroll taxes the person has paid into
Social Security over his/her working career. The benefit may be anywhere from one dollar per month to
around $1,700 per month.

(I know, weird site to find the info on... but it works)
http://www.hcvadvocate.org/hepatiti...1.1.1_Living_With_HepatitisC/ssi_and_ssdi.pdf

no its not. He's entitled to an opinion.

Back