Abortion

In the case of legal and professionally done abortion, women are at a FAR lower risk of death from getting the procedure as opposed to giving birth. You're much more likely to die of childbirth.
Many women still died from the abortion since it is legal.

Not only their death from it, but these women died from their life being twisted because of the abortion.

Hillary SUPPORT Abortion Right

Obama SUPPORT Abortion Right

McCain AGAINST Abortion Right but support if woman been rape.

Hushasbee AGAINST Abortion Right - all cases.

Not only their death from it, but these women died from their life being twisted because of the abortion.

Can you please provide link to support your claim? I only know that many women died from illegal abortion?

When women are in life threaten or serious issue with newborn, abortion is preferred method to save women's life, if no abortion then women would die from that, it don't make sense if many women died from legal abortion that compared to die from life threaten that caused by newborn, that's conflict sense.

Like Reba said, there's no statistics to setup.

Can you please provide link to support your claim? I only know that many women died from illegal abortion?
Here's some.

...In 1998 and 1999 (the most recent years for which data are available), 14 women died as a result of complications from known legal induced abortion. Ten of these deaths occurred in 1998 and four occurred in 1999; no deaths were associated with known illegal abortion...

CDC has periodically reported data on abortion-related deaths since these deaths were first included in the Abortion Surveillance Report in 1972 (5,6). An abortion-related death was defined as a death resulting from 1) a direct complication of an abortion, 2) an indirect complication caused by the chain of events initiated by abortion, or 3) aggravation of a preexisting condition by the physiologic or psychologic effects of the abortion (1,2). Sources of data for abortion-related deaths included national and state vital records, maternal mortality review committees, surveys, private citizens and groups, media reports, health-care providers, medical examiners' reports, and computerized searches of full-text newspaper databases. All deaths associated with any type of abortion, induced or spontaneous, were investigated. For each death possibly related to an induced abortion or an abortion of unknown type, clinical records and autopsy reports were requested and reviewed by two clinically experienced medical epidemiologists to determine the cause of death and whether the death was abortion related. Each abortion-related death was then categorized as legal induced, illegal induced, spontaneous, or unknown (whether induced or spontaneous). Abortion-related deaths for 1972--1999 are provided in this report. Abortion mortality data are updated whenever additional information is supplied to CDC. The 1999 data have not been published previously and are the most recent data available. National case-fatality rates were calculated as the number of known legal induced abortion-related deaths per 100,000 reported legal induced abortions. Case-fatality rates for 1972--1997 are provided in this report. Case-fatality rates for 1998--1999 cannot be calculated because a substantial number of abortions occurred in the four nonreporting states, and the total number of abortions (the denominator) is unknown....
Abortion Surveillance --- United States, 2000

What are your statistics for deaths from illegal abortions?

Yes, because of complications. When abortion was illegal, the death was higher because abortion was done poorly. :) I known someone that died while having abortion when abortion was legal, she had blood clots. :(

Major media hide fact women die for legal abortion, expert says

Did You Know?
Abortion is a leading cause of death

The number of unborn babies who die every year from abortion (1.3 million) is more than eleven times greater than the combined total of Americans who die annually from:

accidental falls (12,000)
drownings (4,000)
poisonings (6,000)
car accidents (40,000)
suicides (30,000)
homicides (25,000)

The number of unborn babies who die every year from abortion is higher than the number of Americans who die annually from cancer (550,000) and from heart disease (700,000) combined

Nearly all of the 1.3 million abortions a year are done because the woman did not want to be pregnant at that particular time (although 70% say they intend to have children in the future).

The majority of women undergoing an abortion give one or more of the following reasons:

a baby would interfere with work, school, or other responsibilities (75%)

cannot afford to have a child (66%)

do not want to be a single parent or have problems in the relationship with their husband or partner (50%)

Only 1% of women aborting say they have been advised that their unborn baby has a defect,

and only I% say they became pregnant by rape or incest.

Abortion Statistics

The very nature of illegal abortion prevents the collection of statistical data. Illegal abortion doctors don't keep records and make them available to the CDC.

Yep, That true. I also remember hearing stories that doctors whom performed illegal abortions using dirty tools and never keep them clean make it even worst that can kill a woman getting more serious health infections. That really sadden me.

Yes, but they don't like those statistics to be published.
Reba, do you mean they prefer to keep the secret concerning those statistics? Do you mean they are reluctant to put them in public?

The very nature of illegal abortion prevents the collection of statistical data. Illegal abortion doctors don't keep records and make them available to the CDC.
Then how do people "know" about the numbers of illegal abortion deaths?

Yep, That true. I also remember hearing stories that doctors whom performed illegal abortions using dirty tools and never keep them clean make it even worst that can kill a woman getting more serious health infections. That really sadden me.
But "stories" aren't the same as proof.

Reba, do you mean they prefer to keep the secret concerning those statistics? Do you mean they are reluctant to put them in public?
That's right.

Abortionists want to give the impression that legalized abortion means the same as no-risk abortion.

But "stories" aren't the same as proof.

Actually, I have read stories like that that happens to some women who are lucky enough to be alive to tell their stories that some women had illegal abortion, also perform abortion on themselve is even worst. Some doctors don't even have a legal practice license to perform abortions and they do it in secret. But today, abortion became more legal for doctors to keep their tools clean, inform the parents if their child want abortions they have to get permission. I know the new law is that if a teenagers get pregnant they must get parents permisssion to have abortion at the hospital where is more legal. In the past like 200, 80, 60 and 40 years ago there were lots of illegal abortions that lot of women have died.

But that doesn't change what I said into anything less than a fact! A woman is at a statistically greater chance of dying from complications related to childbirth than she is of dying from complications related to abortion- that is just fact. That does not mean women don't die from abortions, it just means that women are more likely to die if they carry the pregnancy to term.

and only I% say they became pregnant by rape or incest.

Yeah, because as we all know, every single rape victim reports the crime. Oh, wait, most don't!

Rape is the single most demeaning thing you can do to someone, short of killing them (and in some cases, even in the face of killing them)... even if it shouldn't, even if victims should be able to talk and get help... there's a HUGE amount of shame associated with it. The last thing someone so exposed and broken wants is to be looked at, prodded, and photographed. The 1% represented in your statistic are the ones incredibly brave, or the ones too far injured to try and wash him off and forget it.

So, the next time you comfort your stance with statistics about abortion, think about every single woman who couldn't speak up about what she suffered. Think about the fact that you are abusing her all over again, abusing the fact that she couldn't be a part of those statistics, all to justify your opinions.

Believe what you want to, but don't use the faces you choose to ignore to -make it okay-.

Yes I agree with GarnetTigerMom's post #195, Aleser's post # 197 and 198. I do not need to add my posts here because their posts are pretty logical and enough.

... In the past like 200, 80, 60 and 40 years ago there were lots of illegal abortions that lot of women have died.
Those aren't proven statistics. There are no proven numbers. Maybe, maybe not. But there are no proven numbers.

Back