A VP and in real life is different?

Maria, mostly normally is that whenever you meet on vp first then meet in real life.. but I understood that some people want to meet in real life then on vp later... depends on who they can trust others. :)

Yeah, I know. :) I was just thinkin' of a friend of mine who introduced me to one of her friends IRL without usin' VP - know why ? Because, I don't like to give out my ph. nbr to someone else that I don't know who. I have to get to know that person first IRL before I can give out my ph. nbr.

Everyone has their own different point of views. ;)

Yeah, I know. :) I was just thinkin' of a friend of mine who introduced me to one of her friends IRL without usin' VP - know why ? Because, I don't like to give out my ph. nbr to someone else that I don't know who. I have to get to know that person first IRL before I can give out my ph. nbr.

Everyone has their own different point of views. ;)

Yes, I understood I know what you mean... I think its smart to do. lol :)

Spicy, I do understand where you're coming from on this hon, but maybe she sees it that way, like I do too, I don't see why we have to meet in person in order to become best friends, it took me awhile to finally meet most of the girls that I became close to, and I still think them as my best friends whether or not I haven't met them in RL because we have a lot in a common , think alike, share the same interests and problems in life ...Once I met them in RL, the relationship between us remain the same but much more closer than before....Some people thinks differently, every individual is unique in every way, we ALL are just different by how we see it....:dunno:

Yes I know what you mean...

Some of you know that I don´t have VP and webcam but I chat with online people without VP and webcam since I registered AllDeaf forum here in 2004. I learn to know them thru their personality, communication, and also forum here, too and begin to like them for that... We exchanged the pictures or post the pictures public here. I will meet ADers in real life on 30th June to 9th July after 3 years online... *Exciting*

I do not need webcam and VP to know them but important to know their personaility first... before exchange our pictures or webcam/VP.

Some of you know that I don´t have VP and webcam but I chat with online people without VP and webcam since I registered AllDeaf forum here in 2004. I learn to know them thru their personality, communication, and also forum here, too and begin to like them for that... We exchanged the pictures or post the pictures public here. I will meet ADers in real life on 30th June to 9th July after 3 years online... *Exciting*

I do not need webcam and VP to know them but important to know their personaility first... before exchange our pictures or webcam/VP.

oh rats, I guess I'll have to wait 3 years to meet ya since I just joined not too long ago... sigh!!! time is ticking hurry up... LMAO.. smile

VP and internet is different than real life... Ya can lie , bs on Vp and internet ya cant BS in real life.. I know some people do BS on Vp and Internet. why? bec people cant see what other doing in real life... as my sig says it all...

Oh brother! I cannot believe that I am reading your posts. I am not aware of it. You made good points. What is IRL or RL? Real Live?

I agree with many ADers here...VP and IRL is different especially when it comes to defining "best" friends. If I meet someone on VP, and enjoy chatting with that person, I would call that person a friend but not a best friend. In my opinion, being a best friend is being there for each other thru good and bad times. I cant imagine doing that with a person I never met in real life.

I agree with many ADers here...VP and IRL is different especially when it comes to defining "best" friends. If I meet someone on VP, and enjoy chatting with that person, I would call that person a friend but not a best friend. In my opinion, being a best friend is being there for each other thru good and bad times. I cant imagine doing that with a person I never met in real life.

That is what I thought!! that person do not understand.... at all.

A couple days I was thinking, and thinking... wow I want your opion about what is differnt between chat on VP, and in real life? because..... a person not believe me. well, I know a person for a long time through online, we never really meet in person so we chatted long time ago, but not ever since that I have my life with everything.... um she THINKS that I am her bestfriend, we never met in person because we talk on vp very rarely... Well, I knew that a vp and in real life are so differnt once you meet someone who u chat on vp with someone, so do you think that a vp and in real lfe are differnt right? If you think its right to be like that like bestfriends, or whatever? because this is really bothering me... for a couple days...

Let me know what do you think of that?

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! :D :hug: obviously she doesn't know a "wazzoo" about the difference between reality/IRL and unreality/VP! :ugh:
i am running out the door now but i will explain my reasons later!!! but CHERI AND DHB said it all (in my case!!!)

The only difference I see between VP and RL IS, in RL you can actually physically touch , kiss, hold, hugging, etc , and some people act different in RL than what you saw on VP, but it doesn't mean everyone is same way, some people I met through VP are just what I thought they would be...so you never know until you meet them in RL then you will see the differences... :)

What are these stand for RL IS, and RL? Are you referring the RL for real life? I just want to understand these abbreviations.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! :D :hug: obviously she doesn't know a "wazzoo" about the difference between reality/IRL and unreality/VP! :ugh:
i am running out the door now but i will explain my reasons later!!! but CHERI AND DHB said it all (in my case!!!)

Okay, I will waitting for you to get back and telling us your reason :)

And I know like I said before I agreed with everyone about differnt between in real life, and on VP. :)

Reality or Virtually, It's the difference. Virtually is that no one can touch you. You can just simply use remote to hang up and contact VP tech to block the number or change ur vp ph number. Reality would require court order to force stranger to stay away from ur area.

It's awkward to chat on VP sometime cuz of video compression that have several seconds delay. It IS interesting to watch someone nod then shake head after you have done all the signing and change mind in next second then stop. I had to wait until someone finished nodding before I go ahead and chat more. :roll: I have a friend who have tunnel vision and it makes it harder so I had to flail my arm to get his attention :hyper: and wait to watch him spins his head on video on the next 5 seconds LOL. Whew! it took a while to get his eye on me.:shock: If I were at his place, I would jump right into his eyeshot to get his attention quickly. So therefore it's difference between Virtually and Reality. :crazy:
BUT!!
IT may not be any difference IF there is NO video compression. So that's the moot point.:dunno:

Catty

Reality or Virtually, It's the difference. Virtually is that no one can touch you. You can just simply use remote to hang up and contact VP tech to block the number or change ur vp ph number. Reality would require court order to force stranger to stay away from ur area.

It's awkward to chat on VP sometime cuz of video compression that have several seconds delay. It IS interesting to watch someone nod then shake head after you have done all the signing and change mind in next second then stop. I had to wait until someone finished nodding before I go ahead and chat more. :roll: I have a friend who have tunnel vision and it makes it harder so I had to flail my arm to get his attention :hyper: and wait to watch him spins his head on video on the next 5 seconds LOL. Whew! it took a while to get his eye on me.:shock: If I were at his place, I would jump right into his eyeshot to get his attention quickly. So therefore it's difference between Virtually and Reality. :crazy:
BUT!!
IT may not be any difference IF there is NO video compression. So that's the moot point.:dunno:

Catty

No, Catty

I'm trying to saying that a person not believe me that a vp and in real life are differnt.... because we never met in real life so a person said " saying her name ________ I am not BULLSHIT! it is really me same as on vp and in real life... "I got so frutration said NO! both are different, so anyway.

Nope, I am not gonna to change my vp # no no :)

Well, if you are skilled enough and talk regularly, I think VP and RL can be closer than TTY and RL.......

Well, if you are skilled enough and talk regularly, I think VP and RL can be closer than TTY and RL.......

Yup that's correct. I didn't use VP often. I'm just SK2 nuts w/ sore thumbs. My vp100 just broke and had to wait for tech to get me new one. I hoped for VP200 LOL.

:ty:

Catty

No, Catty

I'm trying to saying that a person not believe me that a vp and in real life are differnt.... because we never met in real life so a person said " saying her name ________ I am not BULLSHIT! it is really me same as on vp and in real life... "I got so frutration said NO! both are different, so anyway.

Nope, I am not gonna to change my vp # no no :)

Point taken

Catty

Okay, I will waitting for you to get back and telling us your reason :)

And I know like I said before I agreed with everyone about differnt between in real life, and on VP. :)

like cheri said: No, It's not the same, with video-phone, You'll really communicating through sign language, in real life you're really knowing the person, their everything, their personality, how they act toward others and to themselves, etc.

i have met so many people and even made friends online but i still don't know them and vice versa... one friend that i knew from "online"... never met in person... one day we were just talking... i forget how the conversation got started... but (i) A said something about (my friend) B not knowing me very well especially in person... B got very upset and angry! and said that B felt that B wasted time being my friend and being there for me and that it meant nothing and vice versa??? etc... i told B that i don't know B as well only from what we tell each other online as opposed to in person/reality!!!
i tried to explain to her that it is NOT THE SAME ON IM/VP as in REAL PERSON/IRL... of course we are still good friends but it is not the same as in person.. how can i make B understand this part without getting so offensive and defensive too... how do i explain this to B? i know B will understand when i explain better... because obviously i didn't explain it very well :(

so I DO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL... yes you might have good friends online but you don't really know them until you meet in person, period! (sigh)

hope this is clear.. sorry i am rushing off again! :D :angel:

Back