A VP and in real life is different?

like cheri said: No, It's not the same, with video-phone, You'll really communicating through sign language, in real life you're really knowing the person, their everything, their personality, how they act toward others and to themselves, etc.

i have met so many people and even made friends online but i still don't know them and vice versa... one friend that i knew from "online"... never met in person... one day we were just talking... i forget how the conversation got started... but (i) A said something about (my friend) B not knowing me very well especially in person... B got very upset and angry! and said that B felt that B wasted time being my friend and being there for me and that it meant nothing and vice versa??? etc... i told B that i don't know B as well only from what we tell each other online as opposed to in person/reality!!!
i tried to explain to her that it is NOT THE SAME ON IM/VP as in REAL PERSON/IRL... of course we are still good friends but it is not the same as in person.. how can i make B understand this part without getting so offensive and defensive too... how do i explain this to B? i know B will understand when i explain better... because obviously i didn't explain it very well :(

so I DO KNOW HOW YOU FEEL... yes you might have good friends online but you don't really know them until you meet in person, period! (sigh)

hope this is clear.. sorry i am rushing off again! :D :angel:

Yes, I know how you really feeling about this!! I know.... only the way that we have to move on and leave our friends alone maybe one day that they will realize its true.. so leave it up to them.

Thank you for sharing.

:)

Yea, They can put on an act on VP, When you met them in real life they could be the same person that you've talked to through VP, or on the internet, on the other hand, they could be a totally different person than what they appeared to be on the internet and on VP. ;)

So, You wouldn't know the person until you met that person in real-life to tell the differences. ;)

I've met many people from the internet who claim to be the most "sweetest, nice, respectful" then after meeting them, Some would be a totally different person than what you thought he/she would be. ;) It depends on how you view a person in real life, and from what they are from on the internet and VP.

I'll tell you a funny story, I've met one of the worst "pain in the butt" person from the internet, I was afraid to meet that person in real life because of how this person behave on the internet, but it turned out to be that this person was so sweet and shy. How strange is that? :giggle:

Well, I also think people can put up an act, a ....mask in real life.......for a while...

Well, I also think people can put up an act, a ....mask in real life.......for a while...

That's true too. Never know until you get to know them well enough. ;)

Yes, I do very much appericated! everyone sharing, and discussing! :)

Hoping that person will realize that is true that what I tried to telling her... oh well. :)

So, You wouldn't know the person until you met that person in real-life to tell the differences. ;)

I've met many people from the internet who claim to be the most "sweetest, nice, respectful" then after meeting them, Some would be a totally different person than what you thought he/she would be. ;) It depends on how you view a person in real life, and from what they are from on the internet and VP.

I'll tell you a funny story, I've met one of the worst "pain in the butt" person from the internet, I was afraid to meet that person in real life because of how this person behave on the internet, but it turned out to be that this person was so sweet and shy. How strange is that? :giggle:

Very true, I had the same experience as you when I met ADers in real life. They are total different as I know them at AllDeaf forum.

I have met people online whom I thought were wonderful that is until i met them in real life and realized they were bagging me behind my back. Plus I got to see their true actions and let me tell you, it was nothing like what I saw online, completely different. Because of this - I don't even consider these people my friends because I have gotten to know who they really are and where their alliances are.

As for myself - I try not to hide anything, but I also don't let everything hang-out for the world to see if that makes any sense.

I think if I emailed and chatted a person back and forth alot on the computer, I would consider them an accquaintance. Not really someone I know that well, but someone I have chatted with quite a bit. If I chatted with them frequently over the VP then I might consider them a friend and I would probably refer to them as Stephanie in Washington State, but I would not consider them my best friend, they are my friend, just not my best friend.

I would become good friends with someone I had met in real life numerous times, chat and email with quite frequently and regularly and VP them once or twice a week, but still not my best friend.

My best friend would be someone I would make daily contact with and saw them in real life weekly and someone I can call up and say hey - let's go backcountry hiking this weekend! And we would celebrate holidays and birthdays together, someone I would invite to a barbecue on the 4th of July, that sort of thing.

I hope all of that made sense, but thats how I break it down.

I would become good friends with someone I had met in real life numerous times, chat and email with quite frequently and regularly and VP them once or twice a week, but still not my best friend.

Really?

My best friend would be someone I would make daily contact with and saw them in real life weekly and someone I can call up and say hey - let's go backcountry hiking this weekend! And we would celebrate holidays and birthdays together, someone I would invite to a barbecue on the 4th of July, that sort of thing.

I hope all of that made sense.

Yeah, you could say that. It is not easy because everybody go to work, and they are grabby and tired from work. For the weekends, it should be fine. It would be nice if our country allows us to have 3 days off for the weekends instead of two. (Two weeks vacation per year is horrible!)

I have met people online whom I thought were wonderful that is until i met them in real life and realized they were bagging me behind my back. Plus I got to see their true actions and let me tell you, it was nothing like what I saw online, completely different. Because of this - I don't even consider these people my friends because I have gotten to know who they really are and where their alliances are.

As for myself - I try not to hide anything, but I also don't let everything hang-out for the world to see if that makes any sense.

I think if I emailed and chatted a person back and forth alot on the computer, I would consider them an accquaintance. Not really someone I know that well, but someone I have chatted with quite a bit. If I chatted with them frequently over the VP then I might consider them a friend and I would probably refer to them as Stephanie in Washington State, but I would not consider them my best friend, they are my friend, just not my best friend.

I hope all of that made sense, but thats how I break it down.

Dixie, I competely agreed with that... its very true...

I'm same person online and in person I can be funny and sweet and love to tease friends.. sometimes I love to flirt online and on VP too but sometimes i don't want to flirt on VP cuz sometimes cross the line but depend on who u do feel comfortable with.. if not feel comfortable with the person then don't call at all that's my advice to u :)

I'm same person online and in person I can be funny and sweet and love to tease friends.. sometimes I love to flirt online and on VP too but sometimes i don't want to flirt on VP cuz sometimes cross the line but depend on who u do feel comfortable with.. if not feel comfortable with the person then don't call at all that's my advice to u :)

LOL Well, all that depends who is diffy... ya know. Thank you for the advice... I do appericated that.

Back