A VP and in real life is different?

SxySpicyGrrl

Cannot wait for spring!!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
A couple days I was thinking, and thinking... wow I want your opion about what is differnt between chat on VP, and in real life? because..... a person not believe me. well, I know a person for a long time through online, we never really meet in person so we chatted long time ago, but not ever since that I have my life with everything.... um she THINKS that I am her bestfriend, we never met in person because we talk on vp very rarely... Well, I knew that a vp and in real life are so differnt once you meet someone who u chat on vp with someone, so do you think that a vp and in real lfe are differnt right? If you think its right to be like that like bestfriends, or whatever? because this is really bothering me... for a couple days...

Let me know what do you think of that?

I think it is better to meet a person first, and then on VP later...so, this way you could be able to tell the difference ~ IMO. :)

IMHO VP is never intended as replacement for real life! So, there is HUGE difference between them.

VP is INTENDED solely as a method of communication when two parties is not in same location.

A couple days I was thinking, and thinking... wow I want your opion about what is differnt between chat on VP, and in real life? because..... a person not believe me. well, I know a person for a long time through online, we never really meet in person so we chatted long time ago, but not ever since that I have my life with everything.... um she THINKS that I am her bestfriend, we never met in person because we talk on vp very rarely... Well, I knew that a vp and in real life are so differnt once you meet someone who u chat on vp with someone, so do you think that a vp and in real lfe are differnt right? If you think its right to be like that like bestfriends, or whatever? because this is really bothering me... for a couple days...

Let me know what do you think of that?

chatting with a friends on VP and in real life is a big different... sometime I VP my friends whose lives within 10 min from me :0

No, It's not the same, with video-phone, You'll really communicating through sign language, in real life you're really knowing the person, their everything, their personality, how they act toward others and to themselves, etc. ;)

I agree some of you, the VP and in real life are so different and that is what I thought so.... Because a vp is not like 24/7 like in person ya know? Smile.

I had to post this because it is really bothered me....

Maria, mostly normally is that whenever you meet on vp first then meet in real life.. but I understood that some people want to meet in real life then on vp later... depends on who they can trust others. :)

The purpose of talking through a VP is to give them an opportunity to introducing themselves "face to face" and get to know each others more before meeting in RL, some people used it as meeting that "special someone" This isn't necessarily bad or dangerous because you don't have to worry about awkward pauses as IF they were being dishonest about their looks, their age etc, but if there's no face-to-face contact then you can never be sure that people are who they say they are...yet at the same time meeting people online can also have its dangers too, so it's important not to give out too much information about yourself such as your ssn, banking account etc ...( the list goes on and on... )..A lot of people feel more comfortable meeting them in RL after chatting " face to face " everyday through a VP, and it can be soo much fun too and also, it can be a great way of connecting with people who share your interests or your problems too....just make sure you follow your own intuition and be careful....

The only difference I see between VP and RL IS, in RL you can actually physically touch , kiss, hold, hugging, etc , and some people act different in RL than what you saw on VP, but it doesn't mean everyone is same way, some people I met through VP are just what I thought they would be...so you never know until you meet them in RL then you will see the differences... :)

VP is not reality.. which it's real life seeing each together...

isn't same as internet life style.

I like vp better way and easier to see their faces and getting them know more better as well.. and also some of them who I met. Still seeing them via vp..
:)

Maria, mostly normally is that whenever you meet on vp first then meet in real life....

I agree, I prefer to meet them " face to face " on VP or webcam before meeting them in RL cause you can never be sure that people are who they say they are...I saw Roadrunner on webcam many times before I actually felt comfortable enough to meet him in RL, some men/women can easy lie about their own identity or even worse, a 40's-50's-year-old preying on unsuspecting teenagers...Yike :eek3:

yes true, I agree with the rest of the people talking about using VP or webcam to chat for abit before meeting them in person so you know who you are meeting not scammers. I do believe online and offline are two totally impacts on the relationship... it's not an easy thing to do. I know I had a few people that we chatted via webcam then not meet in person ... SOmetime it's not easy to have the time or money to meet so people take that advantage to use the VP or webcam which sometime I don't agree.... I rather to meet them in person whether they are cool or not. It's not just always meet the "ONE" but have friends as well. Most important is be yourself online as if you were in person... smile..

Oookay let me explain this more clearly----- I know what you guys talking about.... what I mean is that me and this person never met in real life we use to chatted on vp, so what I mean is that this person THINKS that I am her bestfriend that we dont even meet in real life, so recently we had a huge aruguemt about this! I was like " No, I am not her best friend that we never met in real life" so this person said "No, vp and in real life are the same!" that is what I mean.... that is why I am not happy what this person had done to me...

Oookay let me explain this more clearly----- I know what you guys talking about.... what I mean is that me and this person never met in real life we use to chatted on vp, so what I mean is that this person THINKS that I am her bestfriend that we dont even meet in real life, so recently we had a huge aruguemt about this! I was like " No, I am not her best friend that we never met in real life" so this person said "No, vp and in real life are the same!" that is what I mean.... that is why I am not happy what this person had done to me...

You could tell her that you guys are just a good friends or just friends

I'm fine with being "friends" with people that I meet online, but I wouldn't exactly say that we would become "best friends" until after we meet in person.

The same goes for dating.

I don't believe in online dating or relationships based on online friendship.

I've seen people become boyfriend/girlfriend through online AIM chats, blogs, or forums.

I've seen people talk a lot about the person they knew online and how they were "wonderful". :roll:

Spicy, I do understand where you're coming from on this hon, but maybe she sees it that way, like I do too, I don't see why we have to meet in person in order to become best friends, it took me awhile to finally meet most of the girls that I became close to, and I still think them as my best friends whether or not I haven't met them in RL because we have a lot in a common , think alike, share the same interests and problems in life ...Once I met them in RL, the relationship between us remain the same but much more closer than before....Some people thinks differently, every individual is unique in every way, we ALL are just different by how we see it....:dunno:

Spicygirl,
Good question..My personal opinion, when I "meet" a person, I rather to get to know her/him via email, message, blogs or any sites (i.e. Myspace, TagDeaf, etc.) for a while until I feel more comfortable with the person before I can exchange my VP # to that person and we could chat for a little bit, to warm up and know the person better. VP/webcam and in person are totally different because VP has a off limits and in person is beyond the limits. Know what I mean??

I sometimes can be freak out if I don't know enough about the person like after 1 or few days and exchange VP right away. Unless my friend(s) introduce me to her/his friend that I've not meet via VP, that's fine with me. Use our common senses, be careful and use wisely. I respect yours and their opinions. :)

Last edited:
Yes, IRL and VP are entirely different IMHO -- ive met a few ppl on VP that ive never met IRL and the way i look at it -- i would categorize them as "acquaintences"

those who ive already met IRL and talked to on VP are either friends or acquaintences depending on the level of friendship we might have

Allright! thank you all. I appericated that... that help me to feeling better that everyone agrees about it...

:hug: :)

I agree with all of you... there is big big difference between VP and real life...I only would take VP calls from someone I know for long time...

But on other phone numbers of VP i have only for victims of Domestic Violences...

I do think VP and real life is big difference, of course.

Back